Text wraps at width of widest object on page

Don't know if anything can be done about this or not, or even if it is happening to everyone else. I am using Chrome.

Needing to horizontal scroll when reading text is a major pet peeve and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

When reading a topic, the text of everything on the page seems to wrap at the width of the widest object on the page, which is often so wide that it requires horizontal scrolling. So, if you just want to read the other posts on the page, you have to constantly horizontal scroll on each line.

Sometimes this is caused by a large image, but it also seems to happen with wide code blocks, or even just wide sigs.

7 minutes ago, trurl said:

And I just clicked on the link to the thread I used as an example and it isn't happening now. Don't know if Frank1940 fixed his sig, or somebody fixed the forum. I will try to find another example.

And that other one is doing it again now. WTF?

I guess it is random. Now I am seeing it on this thread I just replied to. I would blame it on Squid's sig, but I can see that his sig is actually wrapping (but too wide) because one of the links has wrapped. Probably if I go back there in a bit it will be right.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

I would blame it on Squid's sig

Strange.  On my system (chrome), all my links wrap correctly, and half the link is on one line, the other half is on the second.

I don't see what you're talking about tbh.  If I resize my window, everything always wraps, and at a certain point sigs disappear altogether.

The one thing that will definitely mess up sigs and result in what you're seeing though is sigs that really took advantage of SMF and markdown that IPS does not support at all.  

Tables, and images that were resized didn't convert correctly (and aren't supported anyways)

1 hour ago, trurl said:

And now neither is doing it. WTF???

pc_possessed.jpg

Edited by Squid