[Support] Djoss - dupeGuru

• 2 months later...

I just installed this and noticed something odd - the text underlaps the data entry boxes (or the entry boxes overlap the text, if you prefer). I'm not sure if it's related to dupeGuru or CA

image.png.3b4cbde374ff1b72ca71bb1d5255398b.png

I looked at several other dockers and didn't see the issue there, so my suspicion is that it's related to dupeGuru, but I'd imagine that you just fill in some boilerplate and @Squid builds the input screen on the fly, so my suspicion is that it's CA's fault. So, I'll just post this here and mention him and let the two of you point fingers at each other. :D

Not a crisis situation by any means and I was able to read the text quite well enough to know I wasn't going to change any of the default settings and got it installed just fine. Looking forward to giving it a go - thanks for putting the container together!

37 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

I looked at several other dockers and didn't see the issue there, so my suspicion is that it's related to dupeGuru, but I'd imagine that you just fill in some boilerplate and @Squid builds the input screen on the fly, so my suspicion is that it's CA's fault. So, I'll just post this here and mention him and let the two of you point fingers at each other.

Neither of us.  Its dockerMan.  Blame goes to either @bonienl or @eschultz  :D

Only happens when the descriptive text is present

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, nuhll said:

I really would like to automate this. its because i download top 100 every week, and many top 100 are the same as the week before... ^^

is there a way to automaticle scan for dupes (manual via grafic works fine)?

Or someone know a bash script or something what could do it?

Can you describe how you do it manually?

1 hour ago, nuhll said:

I mean with dupeguru, i start the docker, delete duplicates, stop docker. I dont know if it would be possible to just start it and he does it automatic and then shutdown again. Or a timer inside the docker which can be manipulated.

I'm not sure dupeGuru is the right tool to do automatic stuff.  It doesn't offer anything that allow to do that.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the right forum.

I have tried this docker app, yet it halt at "Almost done! Fiddling with the results..." I gave it some time, then some more time. It is now day 3 and it is still "fiddling". In "netdata" (another docker app) I can see the dupeguru at this moment is using between 10 and 15% CPU (out of 24 cores) and 81GB RAM (out of 144GB) but NO disk activity. So it does looks like it is doing something. Does anyone know if this is normal behavior? 

On 5/27/2018 at 3:39 AM, Alphahelix said:

I don't know if this is the right forum.

I have tried this docker app, yet it halt at "Almost done! Fiddling with the results..." I gave it some time, then some more time. It is now day 3 and it is still "fiddling". In "netdata" (another docker app) I can see the dupeguru at this moment is using between 10 and 15% CPU (out of 24 cores) and 81GB RAM (out of 144GB) but NO disk activity. So it does looks like it is doing something. Does anyone know if this is normal behavior? 

I personally never has this behavior.  Are you expecting to have a huge number of duplicates?  Did you look at the container's log to see if there is error?

On 5/28/2018 at 12:04 PM, Djoss said:

I personally never has this behavior.  Are you expecting to have a huge number of duplicates?  Did you look at the container's log to see if there is error?

To be honest after 5 days I used another solution. But yes I know I had a lot of duplicates both in number of files (200.000+) and in amount of GB (200gb+)

But still I love the docker. :) thank you for making this possible. 

7 hours ago, Alphahelix said:

To be honest after 5 days I used another solution. But yes I know I had a lot of duplicates both in number of files (200.000+) and in amount of GB (200gb+)

Probably that the amount of duplicates explain the issue...!

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, DZMM said:

This is no longer working for me and isn't deleting files.  I even just choose the 'move to folder' option and it just copied the files and didn't delete them from the source folder.

Maybe a permission issue?  Can you verify permission and ownership of files you are trying to delete?

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2018 at 11:16 AM, Alphahelix said:

Curious...what other solution did you use?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I really like your docker, in general, but in use, it causes me much frustration.

PLEASE allow one to perform all actions on selected or marked.  In practice, there is no good way to get a list selected and delete that selection.

inverting the marking doesn't allow you to pick the reference files, so when one tries to actually do something, the options available just aren't adequate to allow me to do what I need.

Edited by JustinChase
3 hours ago, JustinChase said:

I really like your docker, in general, but in use, it causes me much frustration.

PLEASE allow one to perform all actions on selected or marked.  In practice, there is no good way to get a list selected and delete that selection.

inverting the marking doesn't allow you to pick the reference files, so when one tries to actually do something, the options available just aren't adequate to allow me to do what I need.

Unfortunately I'm not the author of dupeGuru, so I cannot really change functionality of the application itself.

However, from what I understand, you want to perform actions on reference and non-reference files.  I guess you know that you can change which file is the reference?  Once all files the proper status, you can perform the action on them.