**VIDEO GUIDE** Easily move, copy and sync files to unRAID, within unRAID and from unRAID using Krusader

Hi Guys,
This is a tutorial for using a GUI file manager in unRAID. You will learn how to install and configure Sparklyballs' docker container 'Krusader'
in a docker container so you can easily manage your file, folders and shares. 

You will see how to easily transfer data to your server when setting up a new build. Also, you will see how to backup data and move data around the array. You will see how to compare and sync folders and connect to other servers and computer with the file manager. 

To finish you will see some tips for getting the most out of Krusader. 

Hope some of you find it useful :)

Easily move copy and sync files to unRAID, within unRAID and from unRAID using Krusader

Edited by gridrunner
  • Upvote 4

One comment:

When setting up the /UNASSIGNED folder mapped to /mnt/disks, the access mode should be set to Read/Write:Slave

If you do not do this, then there are circumstances where Krusader (or any docker app) will display the /UNASSIGNED folder, but will always show it as empty.

This should be done for all mounts done by unassigned devices

• Upvote 1
On 08/04/2017 at 2:16 PM, Squid said:

One comment:

When setting up the /UNASSIGNED folder mapped to /mnt/disks, the access mode should be set to Read/Write:Slave

If you do not do this, then there are circumstances where Krusader (or any docker app) will display the /UNASSIGNED folder, but will always show it as empty.

Thanks squid i didnt know that. So i guess the main mapped directory path to /mnt/should also be set as r/w slave, as well as the custom one i set up as you can get to the  unassigned from that aswell.

Edited by gridrunner
On 4/8/2017 at 9:16 AM, Squid said:

One comment:

How do I go in and change this? When I go into the installed apps and select setting it looks like it only allows me to add a new folder. Question being, do I need to delete the original and recreate the UNASSIGNED folder?

12 minutes ago, shanelovell said:

How do I go in and change this? When I go into the installed apps and select setting it looks like it only allows me to add a new folder. Question being, do I need to delete the original and recreate the UNASSIGNED folder?

Just edit the container, then hit edit on the unassigned folder.  Change the access mode to RW:Slave