[Support] Ninthwalker - NowShowing

16 minutes ago, wgstarks said:
No. Changed the time so that it would run about 10 minutes after I made the change.

Do you see any errors in the docker log after it runs?

EDIT: Is the email you are specifying in the advanced config an email address associated with a plex account or separate? If separate, I think the issue has to do with not using -n as a command line switch.

Can you run an emailreport test with -n -t? (this just has to do with preventing plex members from getting emailed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by GroxyPod

I've been testing with various setting from the command line. It looks like anytime I use report type = combinedreport the email is sent.

If I use emailreport I get this-

root@Brunnhilde:~# docker exec nowshowing emailreport -t -v
/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/protocol.rb:211:in `write': Connection reset by peer (Errno::ECONNRESET)
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/protocol.rb:211:in `write0'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/protocol.rb:193:in `block in writeline'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/protocol.rb:202:in `writing'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/protocol.rb:192:in `writeline'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:931:in `block in getok'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:956:in `critical'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:930:in `getok'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:831:in `helo'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:605:in `do_helo'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:557:in `do_start'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:521:in `start'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/network/delivery_methods/smtp.rb:112:in `deliver!'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/message.rb:252:in `deliver!'
	from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:98:in `block in sendMail'
	from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:89:in `each'
	from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:89:in `sendMail'
	from /usr/local/sbin/emailreport:385:in `main'
	from /usr/local/sbin/emailreport:389:in `<main>'

No email is sent.

37 minutes ago, GroxyPod said:

Can you try using a gmail account if you have one? I want to see if there is a potential provider issue since you're getting connection reset.

Set up a gmail account. Getting a different error-

root@Brunnhilde:~# docker exec nowshowing emailreport -t
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/check_delivery_params.rb:5:in `check_delivery_params': An SMTP From address is required to send a message. Set the message smtp_envelope_from, return_path, sender, or from address. (ArgumentError)
	from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/network/delivery_methods/smtp.rb:98:in `deliver!'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/message.rb:252:in `deliver!'

Set up a gmail account. Getting a different error-
root@Brunnhilde:~# docker exec nowshowing emailreport -t/usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/check_delivery_params.rb:5:in `check_delivery_params': An SMTP From address is required to send a message. Set the message smtp_envelope_from, return_path, sender, or from address. (ArgumentError)from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/network/delivery_methods/smtp.rb:98:in `deliver!'from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/message.rb:252:in `deliver!'from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:98:in `block in sendMail'from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:89:in `each'from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:89:in `sendMail'from /usr/local/sbin/emailreport:385:in `main'from /usr/local/sbin/emailreport:389:in `<main>'

Can you post a redacted picture of what's in your docker template? Please make sure not to redact it too much (example: you use user for your email address instead of [email protected])

7 hours ago, GroxyPod said:

Can you change the following and re-test?
Email port from 465 to 587
Email username: add @gmail.com to it.

Didn't work-

root@Brunnhilde:~# docker exec nowshowing emailreport -d -t
/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:977:in `check_auth_response': 534-5.7.14 <https://accounts.google.com/signin/continue?sarp=1&scc=1&plt=AKgnsbsS (Net::SMTPAuthenticationError)
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:741:in `auth_plain'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:733:in `authenticate'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:568:in `do_start'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:521:in `start'
	from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/network/delivery_methods/smtp.rb:112:in `deliver!'

If I use port 465 as Google specifies for SSL I get this-

root@Brunnhilde:~# docker exec nowshowing emailreport -d -t
/usr/local/sbin/emailreport: end of file reached (EOFError)

Edited by wgstarks

Didn't work-

root@Brunnhilde:~# docker exec nowshowing emailreport -d -t/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:977:in `check_auth_response': 534-5.7.14 <https://accounts.google.com/signin/continue?sarp=1&scc=1&plt=AKgnsbsS (Net::SMTPAuthenticationError)from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:741:in `auth_plain'from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:733:in `authenticate'from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:568:in `do_start'from /usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/net/smtp.rb:521:in `start'from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/network/delivery_methods/smtp.rb:112:in `deliver!'from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/2.3.0/gems/mail-2.6.3/lib/mail/message.rb:252:in `deliver!'from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:98:in `block in sendMail'from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:89:in `each'from /var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:89:in `sendMail'from /usr/local/sbin/emailreport:385:in `main'from /usr/local/sbin/emailreport:389:in `<main>'

If I use port 465 as Google specifies for SSL I get this-

root@Brunnhilde:~# docker exec nowshowing emailreport -d -t/usr/local/sbin/emailreport: end of file reached (EOFError)

You're getting smtp authentication error. This can be caused by one of two things. 1) the gmail account is not setup to allow insecure apps. 2) the account information entered is incorrect.

Can you check your google account to see if it allows insecure apps? I can provide a screenshot later if needed.

3 minutes ago, GroxyPod said:

You're getting smtp authentication error. This can be caused by one of two things. 1) the gmail account is not setup to allow insecure apps. 2) the account information entered is incorrect.

Can you check your google account to see if it allows insecure apps? I can provide a screenshot later if needed.

You're right. Just got a email from Google regarding possible unauthorized access. I've changed the settings in my Google account. I'm guessing I should try 587 again?

Worked from the command line. Not working on the schedule though. I set up an hourly schedule. The nowshowing log shows that the script started but never completed.

Please rename advanved_config.ymal to .bak and rename advanced_config.ymal.example to advanced_config.ymal and stop/start the docker.

Done. We'll see what happens on Friday.

Sounds like a plan. If you want, you can change the 5 to * on the email cron and stop/start the docker to see if it generates each day. Just trying to rule out things because the cron job only runs the command so in theory there shouldn't be any issues

In the testing I have done, I haven't had an issue with sending to iCloud accounts or any other account using both a gmail account and my own personal hosting email account.

There may be something external to the docker that is blocking the email from going out or arriving. Unfortunately that is not something we can assist with if that is the case.

Can you try running the combined report using the -d flag without -t and see if you get the email?

1 hour ago, GroxyPod said:

In the testing I have done, I haven't had an issue with sending to iCloud accounts or any other account using both a gmail account and my own personal hosting email account.

There may be something external to the docker that is blocking the email from going out or arriving. Unfortunately that is not something we can assist with if that is the case.

Can you try running the combined report using the -d flag without -t and see if you get the email?

Looks like it failed-

root@Brunnhilde:~# docker exec nowshowing combinedreport -d
/var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:60:in `sendMail': undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
	from /usr/local/sbin/combinedreport:386:in `main'
	from /usr/local/sbin/combinedreport:394:in `<main>'
root@Brunnhilde:~# 

Looks like it failed-
root@Brunnhilde:~# docker exec nowshowing combinedreport -d/var/lib/nowshowing/mailReport.rb:60:in `sendMail': undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)from /usr/local/sbin/combinedreport:386:in `main'from /usr/local/sbin/combinedreport:394:in `<main>'root@Brunnhilde:~# 

Looks like it is having an issue with one of the users you have on your server. Not quite sure why (maybe special characters or a weird email address attached to the account).

You'll need to utilize the advanced config to troubleshoot each individual user and then run the same -d command in order to test.