[Support] Ninthwalker - NowShowing

Name:	nowshowingOverview:	Sends an email and creates a website of recently added media to your Plex ServerRepository:	ninthwalker/nowshowingNetwork Type:	Privileged:	OFFPLEX SERVER IP:	xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxPLEX_SERVER_IPPLEX USERNAME:	xxxxxxxxxxxxxPLEX_USERNAMEPLEX PASSWORD:	xxxxxxxxxxxxxPLEX_PASSWORDSMTP SERVER:	relay.plus.netSMTP_SERVERSMTP PORT:	25SMTP_PORTEMAIL USERNAME:	xxxxxxxxxxxEMAIL_USERNAMEEMAIL PASSWORD:	xxxxxxxxxxxEMAIL_PASSWORDHost Port:	6878Container Port: 6878AppData Config Path:	/mnt/cache/DockerAppData/nowshowingContainer Path: /configShow advanced settings ...Show deployed host ports ...Add another Path, Port or Variable

Template settings. SMTP settings were copied from my mail client which works.

Kevin.

Based on the port being used it looks like you're using non-ssl/tls encrypted email protocol. Does your provider have an option for using a ssl or tls port for smtp? If not, you will need to use a different provider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm getting the same EOF error mentioned above but can't find what's wrong with my configuration.
Test reports results in no test emails and the default NowShowing Page for the web report.

/mnt/cache/appdata/nowshowing# docker exec nowshowing combinedreport -d -t -v/usr/local/sbin/combinedreport: end of file reached (EOFError)

Docker log for this container shows:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...[fix-attrs.d] 10-apply-perms: applying...[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...[fix-attrs.d] 10-apply-perms: applying...[fix-attrs.d] 10-apply-perms: exited 0.[fix-attrs.d] done.[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...[cont-init.d] 10-set-uidgid: executing...usermod: no changes-----------------------------------------NowShowing-----------------------------------------Brought to you by:Ninthwalker/GroxyPod/Limen75-----------------------------------------User xyz set to: 99Group xyz set to: 100-----------------------------------------[cont-init.d] 10-set-uidgid: exited 0.[cont-init.d] 20-setup: executing...Advanced config file detected. Keeping existing filesSetup complete! Please read directions for advanced settings and changing the schedule.[cont-init.d] 20-setup: exited 0.[cont-init.d] done.[services.d] starting services[services.d] done.

docker exec nowshowing combinedreport -d -t 
is showing the correct settings matching my template, which are similar settings to what I'm already using successfully in plexReport.

GZIkEFE.png

Switching to using a Plex Token doesn't fix anything.

And no empty libraries.
One difference I do have but don't know if it affects anything is that I have an Anime Library that's  "TV Shows" Library type which uses the HamaTV agent and Absolute Series Scanner.  This is a typical setup for anyone with an Anime library since theTVDB does not provide as complete listings and anime style series handling (single seasons that can span multiple years and 100's of episodes).  This Library is currently ignored by plexReport without any changes to config.  I wonder if it could be tripping up NowShowing?

Help!!!

This is most likely the case. Can you provide your nowshowing log from the nowshowing folder?

7 hours ago, GroxyPod said:

This is most likely the case. Can you provide your nowshowing log from the nowshowing folder?

My nowshowing.log file only has the following:

I, [2017-05-10T07:24:02.596332 #789]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T07:24:30.053409 #803]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T07:25:06.979560 #806]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T07:26:56.541504 #790]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T07:27:24.723051 #802]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T07:27:50.528648 #812]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T07:34:10.088277 #813]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:20:25.225163 #793]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:21:09.614522 #790]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:28:05.403990 #804]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:28:26.846250 #813]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:30:41.318496 #822]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:31:14.694841 #807]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:31:49.089850 #822]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T23:30:00.704455 #835]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing

3 minutes ago, jedimstr said:

My nowshowing.log file only has the following:

I, [2017-05-10T07:24:02.596332 #789]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T07:24:30.053409 #803]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T07:25:06.979560 #806]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T07:26:56.541504 #790]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T07:27:24.723051 #802]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T07:27:50.528648 #812]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T07:34:10.088277 #813]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:20:25.225163 #793]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:21:09.614522 #790]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:28:05.403990 #804]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:28:26.846250 #813]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:30:41.318496 #822]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:31:14.694841 #807]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T09:31:49.089850 #822]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing
I, [2017-05-10T23:30:00.704455 #835]  INFO -- : Starting up NowShowing

I noticed in the template you posted it has an 'unraid share path' which is not something that is a standard part of our docker template. Did you add that? If not, what version of unRaid are you running?

1 hour ago, digitalfixer said:

OK. What I've now done so that my gmail account remains as secure as it can be is set up a free mail account at mail.com.

Tested ok.

My users will either love it or hate me.

Thank you for this docker.

Actually, 2FA should work. You will need to create an app specific password and use that. Glad you like the docker though. 

See the FAQ on the GitHub Wiki.

21 hours ago, GroxyPod said:

I noticed in the template you posted it has an 'unraid share path' which is not something that is a standard part of our docker template. Did you add that? If not, what version of unRaid are you running?

That shows up in any new docker container I create by default.  I didn't add it either.  Just added the container using Community Applications.

unRAID ver. 6.3.3 but I've seen that path added to my containers since I first installed the 6.x versions.

Edited by jedimstr

Just looked in the log file to see the result of this mornings run and found this error.

E, [2017-05-12T10:36:01.746703 #15118] ERROR -- : TV Show Rebel using incompatiable agent

Very strange because TV is setup to use thetvdb and the show shows up fine when I look at it with a client.

Kevin.

Edited by digitalfixer
8 hours ago, digitalfixer said:

Just looked in the log file to see the result of this mornings run and found this error.

E, [2017-05-12T10:36:01.746703 #15118] ERROR -- : TV Show Rebel using incompatiable agent

Very strange because TV is setup to use thetvdb and the show shows up fine when I look at it with a client.

Kevin.

I have that same show, and mine reports properly.

It could possibly be due to having an agent other than thetvdb on that library at some time and then you changed it over to thetvdb.

I have seen not all library items correctly change their agent when that happens. Sometimes a force refresh metadata or unmatch/match on the specific show will update it.

Check the specific episode in question in plex:

... > Get Info > View XML

Does the guid show "com.plexapp.agents.thetvdb...". If not, then that's the problem. If it does correctly show thetvdb, then I'm not sure why it flagged it as incompatible.

Let me know. Thanks.

So I guess no answer yet on supporting the HamaTV agent, or at least ignoring the Libraries using it in NowShowing?

For now I'll have to stick with plexReport which ignores the Anime library and works perfectly well for email reports.  You may want to think about the deprecation decision in Community Applications for plexReport while NowShowing has these limitations for now.  I'm fairly certain I'm not the only person with a Plex Anime library using the popular HamaTV agent.

On 5/14/2017 at 10:02 AM, jedimstr said:

So I guess no answer yet on supporting the HamaTV agent, or at least ignoring the Libraries using it in NowShowing?

For now I'll have to stick with plexReport which ignores the Anime library and works perfectly well for email reports.  You may want to think about the deprecation decision in Community Applications for plexReport while NowShowing has these limitations for now.  I'm fairly certain I'm not the only person with a Plex Anime library using the popular HamaTV agent.

So the primary code from plexReport to NowShowing was not changed. Obviously some modifications were done, but how it scans and reports Libraries should not have been affected. So while we won't be able to add in support for the HamaTV agent, it should be skipping them as an 'unsupported agent'. You are reporting that is not the case though, so I will have to install the HamaTV agent to look into it more.

Just to confirm, is this the install you are using on a library with Anime inside?

https://github.com/ZeroQI/Hama.bundle

8 minutes ago, ninthwalker said:

So the primary code from plexReport to NowShowing was not changed. Obviously some modifications were done, but how it scans and reports Libraries should not have been affected. So while we won't be able to add in support for the HamaTV agent, it should be skipping them as an 'unsupported agent'. You are reporting that is not the case though, so I will have to install the HamaTV agent to look into it more.

Just to confirm, is this the install you are using on a library with Anime inside?

https://github.com/ZeroQI/Hama.bundle

Yup, that repo and the readme referenced. 

It was a pain to initially setup awhile back but got lots of help on Reddit and other forums. 

Also, it may not be the actual issue, but from the evidence at hand it seems to be the case. 

Thanks!

Edited by jedimstr
  • 2 weeks later...

So I played with the HamaTV agent Anime stuff a bit, but I'm probably not configuring it correctly.

I don't have too much time these days, so probably won't be able to replicate your issue for now.

Maybe if someone else uses the HamaTV agent they could post and let us know if it is working for them.

NOTE: One of the API's that NowShowing and some other apps use is the OMDBAPI.

As of 10MAY2017 they have made their API private and started charging for access. That has begun to effect the title's of some movies in the NowShowing report.

So far I've only seen it mess with the years in parenthesis () at the end of titles. I will look into a workaround for this in the coming weeks.

Thanks all!

Hello-

Great app, but I am having some problems with it. It ran once successfully, but now I am seeing a couple of errors in the nowshowing.log:

1. E, [2017-05-28T23:32:58.436797 #8142] ERROR -- : Something failed.  If you are seeing this, please turn on debugging and open an issue.
  2. E, [2017-05-28T23:34:24.456937 #8142] ERROR -- : Could not connect to thetvdb.com.  Will retry in 30 seconds   #I get this message every 30 seconds in the log...

Any suggestions? How do I turn on debugging?

Many thx!

Dan

Hi, ninthwalker. This isn't so much an error, as it is an annoying issue. The webpage generated by nowshowing uses regular http requests (not over ssl) to fetch images for Movie ans Show posters, which causes browsers to register the site as insecure. The fix is easy enough to implement, I just have a cronjob sed script running on the index.html 5 minutes after the webreport. 

For anyone else who wants the sed script, here.

sed -i -e 's/http:/https:/g' /path/to/nowshowing/www/index.html

nossl.png

ssl.png

@dcpdad

Sometimes tvdb has connection errors, but temporarily. If you are getting that error all the time, it may be a network connection between your location and tvdb.

If you add "-v" to the command line options you can get more logging.

@naturalcarr

I'll look into adding https for the images/links into the base code.

People would have to be running this behind a reverse proxy or insert a valid cert to be fully SSL compatible.

I use SSL on all my login sites, but others I don't. PS: Nice image!

24 minutes ago, ninthwalker said:

@dcpdad

Sometimes tvdb has connection errors, but temporarily. If you are getting that error all the time, it may be a network connection between your location and tvdb.

If you add "-v" to the command line options you can get more logging.

@naturalcarr

I'll look into adding https for the images/links into the base code.

People would have to be running this behind a reverse proxy or insert a valid cert to be fully SSL compatible.

I use SSL on all my login sites, but others I don't. PS: Nice image!

Ah, I SSL everything, I know it isn't necessary, but since I reverse proxy everything, it's easy enough to do, so why not? Also, thanks! My whole server is B.Ross themed.