[Support] Ninthwalker - NowShowing

6 hours ago, FredG89 said:

I'm having issues with mine where it's not pulling any episode/season data. You have any idea why this might happen?

Hi, I'm going to need a bit more details.

You said episode/season, so I'm assuming the reports work but is only showing Movies?

If that is the case, there are a couple things to check:

Are your Libraries that contain TV shows set with the TVDB agent? If not, this app won't be able to pull the Metadata it needs.

If it is set to TVDB, then the next thing to check and show me would be some of the logs. Specifically the NowShowing log (which can be found in /logs or in the web under tools > Log Viewer) and the docker log, which can be found on the unraid docker page or by running the below command. Thanks.

docker logs NowShowingv2

1 hour ago, ninthwalker said:

Hi, I'm going to need a bit more details.

You said episode/season, so I'm assuming the reports work but is only showing Movies?

If that is the case, there are a couple things to check:

Are your Libraries that contain TV shows set with the TVDB agent? If not, this app won't be able to pull the Metadata it needs.

If it is set to TVDB, then the next thing to check and show me would be some of the logs. Specifically the NowShowing log (which can be found in /logs or in the web under tools > Log Viewer) and the docker log, which can be found on the unraid docker page or by running the below command. Thanks.

docker logs NowShowingv2

Ahh! Got you. No...I use themoviedb for everything as tvdb is all but dead.

Thanks for your help, looks like I'll have to switch back to ombi for now.

8 hours ago, FredG89 said:

Ahh! Got you. No...I use themoviedb for everything as tvdb is all but dead.

Thanks for your help, looks like I'll have to switch back to ombi for now.

Yea, sorry. =(

I currently use themoviedb for movies and tvdb for tv shows.

For whatever reason, it has suddenly stopped sending automated emails according to the cron schedule. Test reports work fine. On-demand reports work fine. But it doesn't automatically send per schedule. Been this way a few weeks now it seems. 

Anywhere I should look, specifically, for issues?

1 minute ago, sjones0812 said:

Is there any way to have a simple login be prompted?

If this is "open" I don't want the whole internet to have a list of what I have added.

Even if it is just a "Type the access code" or something simple.

Thanks....great work BTW

You can lock down the port to the IP addresses in tautulli.

6 minutes ago, sjones0812 said:

You can!!!!! that is sweet.

Care to point me in the right direction to set it up...please

It's not as intergrated as you might be thinking. Go into your router and where you have your port forwarding set. You should be able to set ip address from.

On 5/5/2018 at 11:39 PM, Chad Kunsman said:

For whatever reason, it has suddenly stopped sending automated emails according to the cron schedule. Test reports work fine. On-demand reports work fine. But it doesn't automatically send per schedule. Been this way a few weeks now it seems. 

Anywhere I should look, specifically, for issues?

What does your report settings page look like in the GUI?

Also show me the output of the following command:

docker exec NowShowingv2 sh crontab -u xyz -l

On 5/6/2018 at 2:31 PM, sjones0812 said:

If this is "open" I don't want the whole internet to have a list of what I have added.

Thanks....great work BTW

Only the Admin page is protected.

The main website is not setup for password protection though.

While you could open a port on your router directly to your dockers it's not recommended.

If you want to open it up to the internet, it's bsst to put it behind an SSL'd reverse proxy. LinuxServer and others make nice nginx w/ automatic lets-encrypt dockers for this purpose.

You can then password protect the reverse proxy easily.

Edited by ninthwalker

I am also having a problem with email reports.  Announcement emails work fine, but on demand reports, test reports and automated (cron) reports never come thru.  I have set my SMTP settings to both a gmail email and a personally hosted email, same result for both.  Only announcements work.  This software looks amazing, but I want it only to send emails to my users about what is new, and that's the only thing I can't get it to do.

I ran this command, and the email came thru.  So it's working from ssh, but not the web page.

docker exec NowShowingv2 emailreport

Edited by nerbonne
more info
2 hours ago, nerbonne said:

I ran this command, and the email came thru.  So it's working from ssh, but not the web page.

docker exec NowShowingv2 emailreport

The webpage should just be doing that type of command in the background, so if one works the othe should too. 

Can you post some logs after you run it from the GUI?

looking for the NowShowing logs and the docker logs. Thanks. 

On 5/11/2018 at 11:37 PM, Chad Kunsman said:

sh: can't open 'crontab' 

that's what I get when running the command

If it can’t find the crontab command then something is def wrong with the install. 

Try testing for the crontab command again to double check. If it’s still not finding it, I would remove the image and reinstall fresh. You can point it to the same volume mapping to retain settings. 

Try first just docker Execing so we make sure you are in the container. Then just run crontab to see if that command returns anything. Thanks. 

docker exec -it NowShowingv2 sh

then

crontab

I also have the same crontab issue:

root@Tower:/mnt/user/appdata/NowShowingv2/logs# docker exec NowShowingv2 sh crontab -u xyz -l
sh: can't open 'crontab'
root@Tower:/mnt/user/appdata/NowShowingv2/logs#

When I do what you posted above.

root@Tower:/mnt/user/appdata/NowShowingv2/logs# docker exec -it NowShowingv2 sh
/ # crontab
BusyBox v1.25.1 (2017-11-23 08:48:46 GMT) multi-call binary.

Usage: crontab [-c DIR] [-u USER] [-ler]|[FILE]

-c      Crontab directory
        -u      User
        -l      List crontab
        -e      Edit crontab
        -r      Delete crontab
        FILE    Replace crontab by FILE ('-': stdin)
/ #

Also, please see attached now showing and docker logs. 

docker log.txt

now showing log.txt

Good evening,

I'm having a hard time entering the Web page (index.html)

The file is OK. I can open it directly but the home page is still the default one.

I tried adding the line "home_page: www/index .html" into the advanced.yaml file but nothing was changed.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

1 hour ago, Sanches said:

Good evening,

I'm having a hard time entering the Web page (index.html)

The file is OK. I can open it directly but the home page is still the default one.

I tried adding the line "home_page: www/index .html" into the advanced.yaml file but nothing was changed.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Just so I understand, when you go to http://hostIP:dockerPort/index.html it is still showing the default page that says it will be replaced when you run your first report? 

But when you click on the actual index.html file though it shows the correct page with recently added shows?

If that is the case and the index.html file actually is good and shows your recently added in it, then it would seem to be a browser caching issue. 

Try clearing the browser cache, use a diff browser, ctrl*f5 to force refresh, or try incognito and let me know if that shows the page you are expecting. 

Thanks. 

Edit:

if the index.html page is not updating at all, then make sure you have web report checked or select that option in the test report tool page. If still not, then show me the last NowShowing log and Docker log for it.

Edited by ninthwalker
17 hours ago, ninthwalker said:

If it can’t find the crontab command then something is def wrong with the install. 

Try testing for the crontab command again to double check. If it’s still not finding it, I would remove the image and reinstall fresh. You can point it to the same volume mapping to retain settings. 

Try first just docker Execing so we make sure you are in the container. Then just run crontab to see if that command returns anything. Thanks. 

docker exec -it NowShowingv2 sh

then

crontab

Here we go:

/ # crontab -u xyz -l
30 23 * * * webreport -d &> /dev/null
30 11 * * 6 emailreport -d &> /dev/null/

I executed crontab from within the container and it worked, then. Result has been pasted. 

Edited by Chad Kunsman
pasted wrong
13 hours ago, ninthwalker said:

Just so I understand, when you go to http://hostIP:dockerPort/index.html it is still showing the default page that says it will be replaced when you run your first report? 

But when you click on the actual index.html file though it shows the correct page with recently added shows?

If that is the case and the index.html file actually is good and shows your recently added in it, then it would seem to be a browser caching issue. 

Try clearing the browser cache, use a diff browser, ctrl*f5 to force refresh, or try incognito and let me know if that shows the page you are expecting. 

Thanks. 

Edit:

if the index.html page is not updating at all, then make sure you have web report checked or select that option in the test report tool page. If still not, then show me the last NowShowing log and Docker log for it.

@ninthwalker,

I tried in a different PC and it worked. It's probably a cache issue as you said.

Thank you!

12 hours ago, Chad Kunsman said:

Here we go:

/ # crontab -u xyz -l
30 23 * * * webreport -d &> /dev/null
30 11 * * 6 emailreport -d &> /dev/null/

I executed crontab from within the container and it worked, then. Result has been pasted. 

@Chad Kunsman and @nerbonne

Alright, so the internal cron looks like it set correctly to what you specified in the GUI so I don't see any issue there.

Try this next. Go into the web gui. Set test cron schedule to 'yes' on the report tab. Select web & email for report type. The enter in cron times for the web and email. Make the cron's like 5 minutes apart and to go off in the next 30 min's. This should only send an email to your main plex account and also generate the website.

Wait like 5 minutes after your last cron time to give the report time to run. Then show me your NowShowing and Docker logs. Also let me know what time you specified in your cron settings to cross-reference the log timestamps.

The logs that you posted earlier didn't show me anything abnormal.

Thanks.

Edited by ninthwalker
23 hours ago, fmp4m said:

I've located a bug, I think.... If a movie is streaming in plex,  and someone looks at NowShowingv2 webpage, it shows it as the "Most Viewed Movie" which is incorrect.

Thanks for the report.

A couple others have reported some statistics not matching either.

From what I've discovered, the Tautulli database structure can vary per user depending on a few factors.

I'm looking into doing some extra validation for the stats for the next update so it will verify it's the correct one before reporting.

Thanks.

• Like 1
On 5/6/2018 at 4:31 PM, sjones0812 said:

Thanks....great work BTW

You can also add .htpasswd to the nginx or use reverse proxy with password.

• 1 month later...