[SOLVED] Wrong time from NTP

Guest zin105

Guest zin105

I keep getting the wrong time from NTP. I've tried many different NTP servers and the time zone in the GUI is set correctly, but still it adds 2 extra hours. BIOS time is correct aswell. Both ESXI and pfSense gets the right time but not unRAID. Tried reboot.

Also I can't disable NTP in the GUI, it goes back to Yes automatically. Related issue?

Edited by zin105

First thing.  Please tell us what time zone you are in.

Second thing.  Double check that you have setup the Time and Date options correctly in your BIOS. I seem to recall that there was a case or two where this type of problems were traced to issues with that. 

Edited by Frank1940
Guest zin105
10 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

First thing.  Please tell us what time zone you are in.

Second thing.  Double check that you have setup the Time and Date options correctly in your BIOS. I seem to recall that there was a case or two where this type of problems were traced to issues with that. 

I'm in UTC+01.00 Stockholm.

BIOS time is correct.

Stopping NTP daemon.../etc/rc.d/rc.ntpd: line 44: kill: (2005) - No such process

That's what my log says when I try and disable NTP for example. Maybe it's any help.

Edited by zin105

Now let's see what experiences other folks in that same time zone have had.  (Sometimes, the 'rules' are wrong but I doubt that this is the case here since it appears that most of Western Continental Europe is in that time zone.)

EDIT:  Post up manufacturer and model number of Motherboard. 

Edited by Frank1940
Guest zin105
31 minutes ago, gubbgnutten said:

By correct, do you mean that it is set to UTC time?

And isn't Stockholm +2 compared to UTC due to daylight savings?

You're probably correct. BIOS time should not be the actual time including daylight savings I'm guessing?

• 3 years later...