SuperMicro's new html5 browser

wgstarks

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

Didn't try it yet, as the java based one always works great form me, with 4 generations of boards, X7/8/9 e 11.

Wish I could say that. Crashes like crazy when I first try to launch it. Usually don't have any problems once I get the window open though. Doesn't seem to matter what browser I use.

7 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Wish I could say that. Crashes like crazy when I first try to launch it. Usually don't have any problems once I get the window open though. Doesn't seem to matter what browser I use.

Have you tried IPMIView? You install it on your computer. Never had any problems with it.

15 minutes ago, saarg said:

Have you tried IPMIView?

Yes, this is what I use also, though KVM still launches a java window it works great, never liked using the browser, that is kink of buggy, I believe my X11 already uses HTML5 instead of java, still IPMIView is the best option.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to folllw up with this, I installed the new beta bmc software. Working great so far. Compared to the old java app, the new html5 browser is like heaven on a web page. Haven't had any crashes at all. The only problem I have found is that the kvm function on the IPMIView iPhone app isn't supported in the beta software. SM tech support says that an updated iPhone app will be released by the time the bmc comes out of beta.

Basic appearance/functionality of the web interface seems to be pretty much the same, with the exception of the addition of the html5 selection in the "Remote" menu.

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Russ Uno said:

I use it on multiple Macs without issue.

Perhaps their tech support people are wrong? I contacted them initially and was informed that SuperMicro doesnt provide a mac version of IPMIview. The only version I could find on their website that I could use was for iPhone. Moot now since SM hasn't updated IPMIview to be compatible with the html5 browser.

Just for reference though, maybe you could provide a download link for the Mac version. I'm sure that SM will update it when the current firmware comes out of beta.

It's not a Mac version but it works. I took a shot a figured if it was written in Java it should work.

It's how I got my first SM board working. Maybe they changed it since but I just keep copying it from one Mac to the other.

Don't know a whole lot about PC except if the file type doesn't end in .exe it probably not PC specific.

The version I'm using is IPMIView_2.9.28_jar.. 

Edited by Russ Uno
  • 2 years later...
On 4/13/2017 at 3:03 PM, wgstarks said:

Yeah. I saw that too. Got the beta Redfish version with the new HTML 5 browser from SM tech support yesterday, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

I know this is pretty old, but what all did you need to do to get the Redfish version? Is it a firmware you install on the lights-out management card? I have the x9 and can't use the virtual console anymore because of the java version..

15 minutes ago, joshbgosh10592 said:

I know this is pretty old, but what all did you need to do to get the Redfish version? Is it a firmware you install on the lights-out management card? I have the x9 and can't use the virtual console anymore because of the java version..

I got the redfish version for my x10 from SuperMicro tech support. I would recommend contacting them to find out if one is available for the x9.

As far as updating goes, I bought an Out of Band license for that. Pretty sure this isn’t available for x9. Only x10 and x11. I’m sure that tech support can furnish some instructions for that though if there is an update available.

23 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I got the redfish version for my x10 from SuperMicro tech support. I would recommend contacting them to find out if one is available for the x9.

As far as updating goes, I bought an Out of Band license for that. Pretty sure this isn’t available for x9. Only x10 and x11. I’m sure that tech support can furnish some instructions for that though if there is an update available.

Is what you got s.th newer than REDFISH_X10_386_20191115_unsigned.zip ?  Just downloaded that one and was about to update my BMC...

2 hours ago, unrateable said:

Is what you got s.th newer than REDFISH_X10_386_20191115_unsigned.zip ?  Just downloaded that one and was about to update my BMC...

Mine is a 2017 build X10_352.

Was the most recent that was compatible with my board last time I checked but that was 5 or 6 months ago.