Windows 10 stuck on boot/reboot after install

Hey guys,

I recently switched my i5-6600K with an i7-7700 and switched from Win 8.1 to Win 10 during this upgrade (fresh install).

For the installation progress I had to only assign one cpu core to prevent the stuck on windows logo. After the installation and updating progress I enabled my additional cores ht-cores in pairs. I use cores 0-2 and 4-6 for this vm via isolcpu and unraid is left with cores 3,7.

My pairs:

cpu 0 / 4

cpu 1 / 5    
cpu 2 / 6

cpu 3 / 7

If I now reboot windows (or in more than 75% even after a cold boot) I am stuck at the windows logo without the spinning dots (just like the installation problem). I already disabled windows 10 fast boot with no success. If I am stuck only one assigned cpu core is at 100% workload.

If I assign only one core of an cpu-/ht-core-pair (e.g. cores 0-2) the problem seems to be fixed but I really like to use hyper-threading inside my vm. It got also stuck during an update reboot. Only assign one cpu even seems to be helping here.

Does anyone of you also have this problem with an i7-7700 in combination with windows 10? Maybe this is a kernel issue which will be fixed with kernel >= 4.10 (kaby lake - kernel 4.10)

tower-diagnostics-20170414-2052.zip

Edited by Sunri5e