NFS or SMB share with a quota?

Is it possible to create an NFS or SMB share with a quota?

I have a Hikvision IP camera that will write to an NFS or SMB share, but it must do what Hikvision calls a "format" by prefilling the space in the share with files.  This will consume my entire unraid space. If I could create a limited share, then that would work. My other option is returning the camera and buying one that doesn't do something so silly.

• 1 year later...
On 4/15/2017 at 12:04 AM, johnnie.black said:

You can create a share that includes a single disk or if that's still more than you want use quotas in a btrfs formatted array disk.

As I recall, I wasn't able to get this to work. The Hikvision firmware is full of undocumented quirks / bugs, like the fact that they won't work with network drives / partitions above a certain size limit. No one even knows what that limit is, but it's somewhere between 200 and 300GB.

I had to create multiple 200GB partitions on my server, then share each one separately to the cameras. You also must create a folder inside each partition because the cameras fail if there's anything at all in their network share folder (Linux puts a Lost&Found folder on each partition).