[Support] Linuxserver.io - Duplicati

9 hours ago, Squid said:

In English, your cache drive is full (even though its not). 

Not sure that is the problem, though the filesystem is fully allocated there's still space for metadata, this problem is more serious if it is fully allocated and the metadata is almost all used up since there's no space to create a new chunk, still run a balance because it's not good to be like that:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/62230-out-of-space-errors-on-cache-drive/?do=findComment&comment=610551

P.S. disk1 needs a new SATA cable.

10 hours ago, Squid said:

Is Jul 7 ~ 9pm when the server stopped responding and you just noticed, or did you upload the incorrect files?

Yes, Jul 7 around 9pm, it crashed multiple times, so i enabled troubleshooting mode and waited for the crash.

But, this appears to me to be your problem:

Ok, i See. Should i change to XFS?

I guess it´s made by following the guide to change cache drive, but only reformat it?

Additionally, you really should heed this advice:

Jul  7 21:21:19 Datahall root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Dynamix SSD Trim Plugin Not installed

Yes I saw that, I will install the SSD Trim Plugin

28 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Not sure that is the problem, though the filesystem is fully allocated there's still space for metadata, this problem is more serious if it is fully allocated and the metadata is almost all used up since there's no space to create a new chunk, still run a balance because it's not good to be like that:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/62230-out-of-space-errors-on-cache-drive/?do=findComment&comment=610551

P.S. disk1 needs a new SATA cable.

I see, should i run a balance or should i reformat the Cache drive to XFS you think?

Thanks for the tip :) I´ve also noticed that SATA cable, i´m just a bit afraid of changing things before i´ve sorted this out.

What happens if we lose our unraid server, and in turn duplicati?

Is there a config or database backup that we should be performing?

OK so i watched gridrunners excellent video and it looks like you backup the configuration file. Do i only need to do this if the configuration changes, or do i need this after each backup?

Edited by showstopper
4 hours ago, linnkan said:

Ok, i See. Should i change to XFS?

My opinion is Yes.  But, others will disagree.  Anecdotally, XFS seems to have far less problems with users than BTRFS, especially if the server is not 100% stable

3 hours ago, showstopper said:

Is there a config or database backup that we should be performing?

Don't know what video you were watching, but you also need to backup the appdata share.  With backups of that (and the flash drive), you'll always be able to get your apps back running the exact same they were with no loss of information in a matter of minutes

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Don't know what video you were watching, but you also need to backup the appdata share.  With backups of that (and the flash drive), you'll always be able to get your apps back running the exact same they were with no loss of information in a matter of minutes

I was watching this video -

Do i backup appdata in duplicati or CA Backup? Just wondering how it would know what the backups are if i needed to install a fresh unraid server.

Basically i dont know what i need to backup, in terms of unraid config, for a full server failure. I presume that the duplicati config file will mean i can get my duplicati backups restored. I am not sure what files i need backed up for my unraid server though.

I'm also seeing the speed issues. Duplicati uploads to B2 cloud at 700kB/s (~6mbps = my max. upload speed). However, Duplicati uploads at 1.2KB/s to a network attached drive (ReadyNAS) via FTP. It then aborts after a while with a timeout error.

This all used to work seamlessly... I'm wondering if Duplicati changed something in the last few months that's broken this.

Edited by jj_uk
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2017 at 3:49 PM, Tango said:

Has anyone setup Duplicati to connect to a Minio docker (s3 compatible backend) via the letsencrypt docker? 

I've attempted to set this up, hitting mino via https in a browser works fine, no errors, but when I try and point Duplicati at it i get the following error:

Failed to connect: The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method.

Pointing Duplicati directly at the mino docker via non ssl works fine.

Wasn't sure which docker container thread i should be asking this in but any help would be appreciated.

@Tango I am having this exact same problem.  Did you ever find a solution?

41 minutes ago, HocEman said:

@Tango I am having this exact same problem.  Did you ever find a solution?

Not sure if a solution is posted, but I've been doing this for awhile now.  Are you on the same network or server?  I guess one difference is my minio target is off-site.  I also have an on-network duplicati -> minio from my desktop to my server, but it's not using https....

16 hours ago, NeoMatrixJR said:

Not sure if a solution is posted, but I've been doing this for awhile now.  Are you on the same network or server?  I guess one difference is my minio target is off-site.  I also have an on-network duplicati -> minio from my desktop to my server, but it's not using https....

I have LetsEncrypt, Minio and Duplicati dockers running on Unraid on my local network.  I have multiple remote PCs (Windows) running Duplicati and backing up to Minio on my Unraid server over the internet.  I have reverse proxy setup for Minio as a subfolder (https://mydomain/minio) and I can successfully connect to Minio via a web browser both locally and remotely using that URL.

If I use SSL and mydomain/minio in Duplicati from the remote PCs I get the "Failed to connect: The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method." error.  If I use that same URL on my local network I get a different error from Duplicati: "Failed to connect: Error making request with Error Code Forbidden and Http Status Code Forbidden. No further error information was returned by the service."

The only way I can successfully connect to Minio through Duplicati is if I configure port forwarding on my router and use mydomain:portnumber as the URL (non SSL) both locally and remotely (I can use the IP Address:portnumber locally as well). 

It would be nice to have this working via the reverse proxy so it is more secure and I do not have to have that port open and exposed, but I just can't figure it out. 

Thanks in advance to any suggestions!

Edited by HocEman

I'm confused on which version of Duplicati the container is running. From what I understand, they have made a lot of improvements in performance a few months ago as far as browsing your backups goes, but I am still having terrible results that seem to go back and forth with each update of the container.

On average, after hitting "restore files," it takes about 8-10 minutes to finally be presented with a directory structure I can browse. It then takes 2-3 minutes for it to think on every folder I drill down in that structure.

On some updates it gets better, as in it only takes a couple minutes to present the directories and then about thirty seconds to drill down each folder. But then, like in the latest update, it's back to taking several minutes again. Throughout the course of this, the actual version of Duplicati in the container has not changed and is reporting that it is 2.0.3.3_beta_2018-04-02.

On 7/28/2018 at 9:19 AM, HocEman said:

I have LetsEncrypt, Minio and Duplicati dockers running on Unraid on my local network.  I have multiple remote PCs (Windows) running Duplicati and backing up to Minio on my Unraid server over the internet.  I have reverse proxy setup for Minio as a subfolder (https://mydomain/minio) and I can successfully connect to Minio via a web browser both locally and remotely using that URL.

If I use SSL and mydomain/minio in Duplicati from the remote PCs I get the "Failed to connect: The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method." error.  If I use that same URL on my local network I get a different error from Duplicati: "Failed to connect: Error making request with Error Code Forbidden and Http Status Code Forbidden. No further error information was returned by the service."

The only way I can successfully connect to Minio through Duplicati is if I configure port forwarding on my router and use mydomain:portnumber as the URL (non SSL) both locally and remotely (I can use the IP Address:portnumber locally as well). 

It would be nice to have this working via the reverse proxy so it is more secure and I do not have to have that port open and exposed, but I just can't figure it out. 

Thanks in advance to any suggestions!

When you set your server in duplicati are you adding /minio to the end?  If you are, try removing that.  I found it didn't need it.

13 hours ago, NeoMatrixJR said:

When you set your server in duplicati are you adding /minio to the end?  If you are, try removing that.  I found it didn't need it.

Yes, I was using the /minio on the end.  Unfortunately, removing it still didn't work.  It passed the initial connection test, but failed when running the backup.

I am happy to say I did get this to work with the reverse proxy, and @NeoMatrixJR your comment led me in the right direction, so thank you!

I created a sub domain for Minio instead.  My configuration in Duplicati uses minio.mydomain.org and the ssl checkbox.  The reverse proxy picks up the complete domain minio.mydomain.org and properly uses proxy_pass to the minio docker on the correct port.

I am guessing something within minio does not like the /minio on the url.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

Where (when accessed via the duplicati docker terminal) is the file "Duplicati.Server.exe" ?

I need to reset the password but can't find the exe.

You won't, an .exe is a windows file.

You need to look at how to do so for Linux.

14 hours ago, jj_uk said:

Thanks!

I get an error, presumably because its already running when I try to run it again. 

Is there a way to stop it so i can restart it with the new pw?

Put a hash in front of the line, save, restart the container and then run the command to change the password. Then remove the hash, save and then restart the container.

All this is done in the run file.

You will probably need to install a text editor. So apt-get update, then apt-get install text editor of choice.

8 hours ago, saarg said:

Put a hash in front of the line, save, restart the container and then run the command to change the password. Then remove the hash, save and then restart the container.

All this is done in the run file.

You will probably need to install a text editor. So apt-get update, then apt-get install text editor of choice.

ok so I went into the duplicati docker console and did this:

apt-get update
apt-get install nano

and it succeeded.

# ls run
lock  mount  s6  systemd  utmp

Which file is the run file that I need to edit?

Making backups to Onedrive Business (Office 365 account).

I get some strange error on the three files all the time.

Failed to process file duplicati-b01282c80cf5e410daadfcf715916bee1.dblock.zip.aes
System.Net.WebException: Cannot send a content-body with this verb-type. ---> System.Net.ProtocolViolationException: Cannot send a content-body with this verb-type. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.MyGetRequestStreamAsync (System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00070] in <b3d41b23de534128a4f18a6e1312f79c>:0

The files are

duplicati-20180815T113659Z.dlist.zip.aes

duplicati-ia6bdfab6335b42e59d81995ec723ed00.dindex.zip.aes

duplicati-b01282c80cf5e410daadfcf715916bee1.dblock.zip.aes

They seem to be available on weblogin for Onedrive. Very irradic search for them though. Search for complete name does not find them but if I search for part of name they are there and can download them as well.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• 2 weeks later...

Duplicati dies a lot on my system.  It becomes unresponsive, I can't get to the webpage but I can get into the console.  Top from within the container shows zero cpu and memory.  I can't get the container to stop even if I issue the kill command. Any ideas on what I should look for?

• 2 weeks later...

Where should I set /tmp to? Can I set it to /tmp/docker/duplicati or would it wear out the USB drive? Or does /tmp of UnRAID stay inside RAM only? At least a hint in the configuration page would be helpful.