[Support] Linuxserver.io - Duplicati

This problem has persisted for years. On large backups, duplicati always hangs multiple times. When backing up less than 1TB, it works perfect. But multi TB backups will just stop. It looks good for a few days, then the upload just stops and never starts up again. Stopping the docker and restarting it allows the upload to restart where it left off after if verifies the backend, and checks each individual file (which also takes a while). I have looked on the duplicati site, and no one seems to know why this happens. Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

In my temp folder, which I have mapped to my cache, I have a ton of files that start with "dup-" and then are followed by a random string of letters and numbers. I think these are what are uploaded when I am backing up, and there is a backlog of them from the multiple times that duplicati has hung on an upload and needed to be restarted. Is it ok to delete these? I don't want to mess up my actual backups. 

There is also one .sqlite file, and five .json files. I have 5 seperate backup templates, so I am guessing the .json files are those. And the sqlite is the database? So I guess those should be left alone? But the other files are rather sizeable. Do I need to keep them?

• 2 weeks later...
Could not find file "/tmp/dup-5e8a0a15-dc8a-xxxx-xxxx-6f563" (Could not find file "/tmp/dup-5e8a0axxx-xxxxx-6f563") (One or more errors occurred. (The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.))) ---> System.AggregateException: Could not find file "/tmp/dup-xxxx-xxxx-474d-9557-xxxx563" (Could not find file "/tmp/dup-5e8axxxx-xxxx-b6fad0d6f563") (One or more errors occurred.

Trying to run my first backup but getting this error at the end. Can't complete A back up

Edited by Fiservedpi
On 1/24/2020 at 6:05 PM, Fiservedpi said:

Could not find file "/tmp/dup-5e8a0a15-dc8a-xxxx-xxxx-6f563" (Could not find file "/tmp/dup-5e8a0axxx-xxxxx-6f563") (One or more errors occurred. (The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.))) ---> System.AggregateException: Could not find file "/tmp/dup-xxxx-xxxx-474d-9557-xxxx563" (Could not find file "/tmp/dup-5e8axxxx-xxxx-b6fad0d6f563") (One or more errors occurred.

Trying to run my first backup but getting this error at the end. Can't complete A back up

How is your temp dir mapped?

I believe resolved the tmp issue by

increasing the remote volume option from 50 to 5tb, but now im getting this error
One or more errors occurred. (The channel "BackendRequests" is retired (The channel "BackendRequests" is retired) (One or more errors occurred. (One or more errors occurred. (The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.) (The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.) (The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.)))) DismissShow

Screenshot_20200124-233829.png

Edited by Fiservedpi

Hi there,

I've been experiencing an issue with backing up my unraid flash drive since updating to 6.8.1 from 6.7.x. In my Docker config for this container I have `/boot` mapped to the container path `/flash` and previously this worked fine with Duplicati able to access the entire contents of the USB stick and back them up. But now Duplicati is showing signs of being unable to access the path, with backups failing with a "[Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: /flash/" message.

Is there a setting I need to change or something?

Same here, webgui has been giving http error 400 for a while now, maybe a couple weeks. No errors in log, though it looks pretty empty.

Since my backups weren't working anyway, I deleted everything in appdata/duplicati, and forced an update, to no effect. 

Below is from after deleting. Attached log, and the files that were created by it starting up. Log almost exactly identical to before deleting. 

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

Screen Shot 2020-02-01 at 1.13.02 AM.png

Edited by DefectiveServer
On 1/28/2020 at 10:03 PM, Moussekateer said:

Hi there,

I've been experiencing an issue with backing up my unraid flash drive since updating to 6.8.1 from 6.7.x. In my Docker config for this container I have `/boot` mapped to the container path `/flash` and previously this worked fine with Duplicati able to access the entire contents of the USB stick and back them up. But now Duplicati is showing signs of being unable to access the path, with backups failing with a "[Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: /flash/" message.

I'm having the same issue.  Is there a fix for this?

On 1/29/2020 at 4:03 AM, Moussekateer said:

Hi there,

8 minutes ago, mwells said:

I'm having the same issue.  Is there a fix for this?

Change both PUID and PGID to 0 in the settings for the container.

Capture_ServerUpdateContainer_-_Google_Chrome_2020-02-01_16-03-43_24560078.png

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have from the beginnen of installing Duplicati 2 or 3 errors after maken a backup to a local drive and to my Dropbox cloud. I already enabled no-local-blocks option under the main settings but that will not fix my errors. I also tried to remove duplicati end reinstall it but still again errors. I dont understand what the errors means.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

error zip.PNG

errors.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone please give me a couple of pointers how to set up the Duplicati container on an Unraid server to backup a couple of Win10 machines to a share on that same Unraid server?

Somehow I can't figure out how to get to the Win10 machines in any way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Aceriz said:

I just updated the duplicati docker.  It had been working before. But now not working. Any one else having issues ??

This is the log I see in for the docker....

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

I did a have a similar issue where the web console wouldn't load in Chrome.  It was working in IE/Brave though.   Had me worried for a bit that it was stuffed, but it was just chrome.    Closing down chrome completely and re-launching fixed the problem for me.  

Edited by OuticNZ
corrected post
On 5/7/2020 at 4:44 AM, OuticNZ said:

I did a have a similar issue where the web console wouldn't load in Chrome.  It was working in IE/Brave though.   Had me worried for a bit that it was stuffed, but it was just chrome.    Closing down chrome completely and re-launching fixed the problem for me.  

Everything is working fine now, sadly I have no idea what I did to make it work...Honestly, I haven't played with it, so maybe something similar solved my issue... I know this isn't helpful, but I was just tired of seeing threads everywhere with people posting their issues without any feedback. :)
Take care!

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2020 at 7:15 AM, Aceriz said:

I have tried a reinstall with no luck to fix.. Have you had any luck getting it working again 

Not sure if this is the issue you're having but it has to do with existing session data at least in the x64 version of Duplicati.

When in the web UI, for Chrome, right click "inspect" go to the "Application" and click the "Clear Site Data" button then reload.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...