[Support] Linuxserver.io - Duplicati

On 1/19/2021 at 4:07 AM, Munce31 said:

Is this still a current issue? I've been looking for backup solution for my server and was thinking that Duplicati was it, however after reading posts on this forum, I am having my doubts...

Yes, it is still in beta and it is quite slow. The benefits are its free, easy to setup, encrypts, and deduplicates your backups. I was able to do a restore with a 1 TB backup btw.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Trying to backup my Unraid Shares to a Synology NAS with Duplicati. Synology is mounted via Unassigned devices with NFS. Backup job is nothing fancy just around 800GB of data encrypted in 50MB blocks and everything else default settings. Backup job is running fine but I always get the following warning at the end.

"2021-02-26 09:31:01 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.FilelistProcessor-MissingRemoteHash]: remote file duplicati-b6ee2e638e03448d7b58103e0aa972613.dblock.zip.aes is listed as Verified with size 0 but should be 52418413, please verify the sha256 hash \"klbMHsDiDi6MtRgEH2PJRdSASOb8xs8xBLFN5DXXWqw=\"

I have found a lot of stuff regarding this in various forums but nothing helped so far. Did someone else encountered this kind of warning and found a (easy) solution to this?

Additional can someone tell me how to run list-broken-files (duplicati commandline) in the Duplicati docker container?

Looking forward to any reply. Many thanks in advance and have a great day.

BR

Marc

On 2/18/2021 at 10:07 PM, L0rdRaiden said:

I get this error they I try to backup unraid OS USB

2021-02-15 19:12:31 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: /UnraidOS/

How Can I fix it?

imagen.thumb.png.639dea80c31ed70b2c1cc67801055714.pngimagen.png.6dc40306586e8817cd02a4f51acc0ff5.png

Can someone help me with this please?

I installed the latest update this morning, started the Duplicati container up after, and now I cannot get to the admin web page for it. It just loads forever but nothing ever comes up (just a blank page). Oddly, even Chrome just keeps trying to load forever and isn't timing out. 

The log doesn't show any errors or anything suspect that I can see.

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

Edit: Possibly an issue on Chrome? I tried opening the site on Edge and it worked. I thought maybe something was wrong with my Chrome so I exited it completely and reopened and still have the same issue on it.

Edited by deusxanime
test on diff browser
12 hours ago, deusxanime said:

I installed the latest update this morning, started the Duplicati container up after, and now I cannot get to the admin web page for it. It just loads forever but nothing ever comes up (just a blank page). Oddly, even Chrome just keeps trying to load forever and isn't timing out. 

The log doesn't show any errors or anything suspect that I can see.

_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

Edit: Possibly an issue on Chrome? I tried opening the site on Edge and it worked. I thought maybe something was wrong with my Chrome so I exited it completely and reopened and still have the same issue on it.

I have the exact same issue. I thought the docker was borked when accesing on chrome but trying another browser worked. Even chromium edge worked.

• Like 1

Does anyone know a way I can get this container to always start jobs as a specific niceness, like 19?

I should note that under advanced on a specific backup job I've tried setting to idle or lowest, but when the job kicks off, its always at 0

Edited by Abzstrak

Hi, i wanted to use Duplicati to upload Files via FTP to this share-hoster: ddownload.com

I can connect and upload files with FileZilla.

But it is not possible to do this with duplicati.

i got this error message:

One or more errors occurred. (Error while uploading the file to the server. See InnerException for more info. (Error while uploading the file to the server. See InnerException for more info.) (One or more errors occurred. (Error while uploading the file to the server. See InnerException for more info.)))

I tried both FTP upload ways. The FTP Server has only write accsess. I cant download from this way. Maybe this is the problem?
Do someone have a solution for me?

On 3/2/2021 at 2:46 AM, jmmrly said:

I have the exact same issue. I thought the docker was borked when accesing on chrome but trying another browser worked. Even chromium edge worked.

I updated mine to the latest build yesterday (or maybe day before?... recently anyway) and it looks like the issue is fixed. Not sure what caused it, but I can open the webpage in Chrome now again. Hopefully working again for you as well!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 11:10 PM, deusxanime said:

I updated mine to the latest build yesterday (or maybe day before?... recently anyway) and it looks like the issue is fixed. Not sure what caused it, but I can open the webpage in Chrome now again. Hopefully working again for you as well!

Yeah looks to be sorted now, very strange.

• Like 1

Hi every1, Duplicati have been workign like a charm for me till 20 of march.

now i get an Error  Disk full. Path /tmp/dup-b on all of my backups.

Dr. Google said i should clean up the tmp folder...but it is clean i have no files there. or am i in a wrong /tmp folder?

i checked in root /tmp

this settings i am using for backups

any ideas what i am missing?

image.png.5a6c26a97fe9d7eb49de61e9643aa037.png

SOLUTION:

found a solution myself. changed in the web ui in Settings/Advanced tempdir command to a different location. Seems to work for now.

Edited by un4given

Hi all. Its been a while since I have looked at duplicati as I've been running a scipt back up as I had an issue when back up over 1tb to a local store it seemed to crash.

Is this still a limitation ? Is it more reliable compaired to a script copying the data daily ?

Thanks

T

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 8:51 PM, ccsnet said:

Hi all. Its been a while since I have looked at duplicati as I've been running a scipt back up as I had an issue when back up over 1tb to a local store it seemed to crash.

Is this still a limitation ? Is it more reliable compaired to a script copying the data daily ?

Thanks

T

The latest version is 2.0.5.1_beta_2020-01-18.  It's quite old.

Hi there, I'm trying to backup my docker containers from one Unraid server to another. but i can't seem to configure this at all in duplicati. i guess i'm just trying to get a concrete answer. can Duplicati backup to a remote destination via SMB or NSF? I've got the UNRAID NAS mounted through unassigned drives & unassigned drives plus. but you cannot navigate to this location in duplicati.

please see my crude drawing and example.

duplicati-unraid-backup2.PNG

duplicati-unraid-backup.PNG

9 hours ago, matda59 said:

Hi there, I'm trying to backup my docker containers from one Unraid server to another. but i can't seem to configure this at all in duplicati. i guess i'm just trying to get a concrete answer. can Duplicati backup to a remote destination via SMB or NSF? I've got the UNRAID NAS mounted through unassigned drives & unassigned drives plus. but you cannot navigate to this location in duplicati.

please see my crude drawing and example.

duplicati-unraid-backup2.PNG

duplicati-unraid-backup.PNG

I fixed it..

i was being too specific with my container locations. if i use /mnt/ i can navigate to /mnt/remotes/ etc... so i can choose this location.

unraid-mountpoints-duplicati.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 10:07 PM, L0rdRaiden said:

I get this error they I try to backup unraid OS USB

2021-02-15 19:12:31 +01 - [Warning-Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.Backup.FileEnumerationProcess-FileAccessError]: Error reported while accessing file: /UnraidOS/

How Can I fix it?

imagen.thumb.png.639dea80c31ed70b2c1cc67801055714.pngimagen.png.6dc40306586e8817cd02a4f51acc0ff5.png

Can someone help me with this? how can I backup UnraidOS USB (/boot)?

• 3 weeks later...

Duplicati Backup working fine but issues with restore

Hello guys,
Thank you for this amazing Backup application. I am using the SFTP backup to Strato Hidrive Share. This is working fine and I can see all the encrypted files on my share.

Later I tried to setup the restore service, but it confused to find the file on the cloud share.  In the first step for connection test is responded wit OK bur in the second step it ended up with an error.

For debugging purpose I have been testing with the unraid filezilla docker image to connect to this share and it shows all the files on the remote file system.  What causes the restore service from finding the file-sets on the remote file system? I tried with different paramters:

(1)   /users/$user/Backup

(2)  /users/$user/Backup/

duplicati_restore_con_OK.png

duplicati_restore_no_filesetsfound.png

duplicati_filezilla_files.png

Edited by ol2tmx
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, I am currently backing up to an unassigned device. However, I'd like to mount & spin-up this device before the backup and then unmount & spin-down after. The idea being that the backup is safer from things like ransomware etc when unmounted and I'll save power with it spun down.

Is this possible with Duplicati? I don't even seem to be able to mount and unmount it manually before and after backups as Duplicati doesn't realise it has been mounted and reports the existing backup files as missing. Is this problem an Unraid, Docker or Duplicati issue?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2021 at 8:34 AM, writablevulture said:

Hi all, I am currently backing up to an unassigned device. However, I'd like to mount & spin-up this device before the backup and then unmount & spin-down after. The idea being that the backup is safer from things like ransomware etc when unmounted and I'll save power with it spun down.

Is this possible with Duplicati? I don't even seem to be able to mount and unmount it manually before and after backups as Duplicati doesn't realise it has been mounted and reports the existing backup files as missing. Is this problem an Unraid, Docker or Duplicati issue?

Thanks!

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I would like to achieve similar.