[Support] Linuxserver.io - Duplicati

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: Duplicati

Application Site: https://www.duplicati.com/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/duplicati/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-duplicati

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to make this!

One question though...would it be possible to add a way to install packages at the time of the container install like this docker: https://hub.docker.com/r/intersoftlab/duplicati/~/dockerfile/

I am using this docker and at install it looks in a folder (/docker-entrypoint-init.d) and runs a script that installs etherwake, openssh-server, & net-tools and imports the ssh keys to my backup server...

It is necessary to install these packages so I can wake up and shutdown my backup server from Duplicati using scripts in the advanced options...I understand if you don't want to do this because this is already this available in the linked docker, but I love the linuxserver.io team and dockers and would like to use yours...

Thanks!!

Edited by airbillion
This looks excellent - Thank You. 

I am currently using Borg Backup, but this has a very nice looking UI.

I am using borg too which is excellent and very fast compared to Duplicati...

However, I like Duplicati's interface and many options...

Both are great...but borg seems much faster to me...

Not sure which one I will stick with yet...I have been using borg for almost a year now ...this duplicati docker needs a way to install ssh and etherwake for scripting before I will make the switch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some small challenges to get this working reliably with amazon clouddrive for large files, and had to have a lot of options added.  I think I'm getting the timeout error when increasing either the number of asynchronous files and/or volume size because it's taking so long to encrypt/ compress the files.  Looking at the docker CPU utilization I might get 5% during a back up.  Any ideas on how to take more advantage of the hardware?  Already have max thread, and high thread priority options set.  The problem with the timeout error is it essential breaks the backup due to incomplete files; tmp and backend.  Even with the option to cleanup unused files it still won't re-run after this kind of error; basically delete the back up and start over.  I've only been able to get maybe 20GB or so before receiving it, and have almost 9TB to go ;-)

I have the hardware to theoretically complete a full backup in just 24hours to Amazon; assuming their pipe is bigger than mine.  Verizon fios just upgraded to 1Gb/s speeds, and I have dual xeon 2670's w/128GB of ram.  I can spare some cycles to get the full backup complete, and slow things down when it's just incremental.  Ideas, thoughts, etc are very much appreciated as at this rate it might be done in a few months.

I tried using this to backup my personal files to a unassigned device but it took over 13hrs for 158gb.  I am trying to find a easy way to just back up important files/pictures to a hard drive take it out and leave at work.  Did i not set something up correctly or should it take this long.  Would i be better of just using rsync?  I like that this is encrypted but probably not necessary.

try 8.6TB; turns our when you get the time out error you just have to wait 5min or so, and rerun the backup.  It seems to pick up where it left off.  Still, it should be able to better utilize the available resources; ram is at 25%, so I would expect the CPU to be better.

failed again 2TB in, and unfortunately upon restart it started at the beginning instead of where it left off.  It seems there are a few possible causes; 1) the session/ key may be timing out on the backend, which might be resolved by setting the "don't reuse connections" flag, and 2) the app shouldn't mark a backup as completed due to the time difference between last start/finish and the new start.  It should index all the files first so in knows the overall package specifics; what's actually in the backend vs source.  I thought is was able to do incremental, but the behavior suggest otherwise.  Also, I have this set to keep only 1 version of the backup, however it's registering 3 for some reason

Edited by loond
24 minutes ago, Zero said:

Did you guys get nginx working for this? I have 

location /duplicati {
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
		proxy_pass http://[ip]:8200/duplicati;
	}

but it isn't working, any ideas?

You can't just add /duplicati at the end of the ip address.

If you look at the url it actually looks like this.

http://192.168.0.1:8200/ngax/index.html#/

So try

location /ngax {
		proxy_pass http://[ip]:8200/ngax;
	}

No guarantee it will work though.  But stands a a better chance than what you've got already as you can't access it locally on IP:8200/duplicati so no way will the proxy be able to.

23 hours ago, CHBMB said:

You can't just add /duplicati at the end of the ip address.

If you look at the url it actually looks like this.

http://192.168.0.1:8200/ngax/index.html#/

So try

location /ngax {
		proxy_pass http://[ip]:8200/ngax;
	}

No guarantee it will work though.  But stands a a better chance than what you've got already as you can't access it locally on IP:8200/duplicati so no way will the proxy be able to.

I tried 

location /ngax {
		proxy_pass http://192.168.1.201:8200/ngax/index.html;
	}

and it returned

and i tried

location /ngax {
		proxy_pass http://192.168.1.201:8200/ngax;
	}

and that returns this reconnecting screen

Would absolutely LOVE to be able to use this, but alas it fails the backup every single time

Error reporting is fairly useless and even enabling debug didn't really give the reason for the failure(s)

Might have to revisit in 6 months and see if it's viable.

Happy to provide any log files if anyone is interested in helping fix?  Let me know what i can do

System.Net.WebException: Bad Request at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.HandleFilesystemEntry (Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.ISnapshotService snapshot, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, System.String path, System.IO.FileAttributes attributes) [0x0000e] in <437724326b704df29d58bbaa17cd5c2d>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunMainOperation (Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.ISnapshotService snapshot, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend) [0x0018a] in <437724326b704df29d58bbaa17cd5c2d>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x00860] in <437724326b704df29d58bbaa17cd5c2d>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller+<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<Backup>b__0 (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result) [0x0030f] in <437724326b704df29d58bbaa17cd5c2d>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (T result, System.String[]& paths, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter& filter, System.Action`1[T] method) [0x0014b] in <437724326b704df29d58bbaa17cd5c2d>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup (System.String[] inputsources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x00068] in <437724326b704df29d58bbaa17cd5c2d>:0 at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run (Duplicati.Server.Runner+IRunnerData data, System.Boolean fromQueue) [0x003e5] in <51527c75b9cd41f99de164986c2c10ec>:0

Edited by sdamaged
9 minutes ago, sdamaged said:

Would absolutely LOVE to be able to use this, but alas it fails the backup every single time

Error reporting is fairly useless and even enabling debug didn't really give the reason for the failure(s)

Might have to revisit in 6 months and see if it's viable.

Happy to provide any log files if anyone is interested in helping fix?  Let me know what i can do

Hide contents

System.Net.WebException: Bad Request at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.HandleFilesystemEntry (Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.ISnapshotService snapshot, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend, System.String path, System.IO.FileAttributes attributes) [0x0000e] in <437724326b704df29d58bbaa17cd5c2d>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.RunMainOperation (Duplicati.Library.Snapshots.ISnapshotService snapshot, Duplicati.Library.Main.BackendManager backend) [0x0018a] in <437724326b704df29d58bbaa17cd5c2d>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Operation.BackupHandler.Run (System.String[] sources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x00860] in <437724326b704df29d58bbaa17cd5c2d>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller+<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<Backup>b__0 (Duplicati.Library.Main.BackupResults result) [0x0030f] in <437724326b704df29d58bbaa17cd5c2d>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.RunAction[T] (T result, System.String[]& paths, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter& filter, System.Action`1[T] method) [0x0014b] in <437724326b704df29d58bbaa17cd5c2d>:0 at Duplicati.Library.Main.Controller.Backup (System.String[] inputsources, Duplicati.Library.Utility.IFilter filter) [0x00068] in <437724326b704df29d58bbaa17cd5c2d>:0 at Duplicati.Server.Runner.Run (Duplicati.Server.Runner+IRunnerData data, System.Boolean fromQueue) [0x003e5] in <51527c75b9cd41f99de164986c2c10ec>:0

We just package the app to be fair.  Might be worth submitting an issue with the Duplicati team.  AFAIK the webui version is still beta, but as so many people were asking for it...

Another error on the backup i've just tried

I'll try and contact the team as you suggest

thanks

Edited by sdamaged
  • 2 weeks later...

I am unable to configure a backup in SFTP (SSH) on a remote unRAID host :(

Can't find custom attr constructor image: /app/duplicati/Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.dll mtoken: 0x0a0004b9 due to: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Data.Services.Client, Version=5.6.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. assembly:Microsoft.Data.Services.Client, Version=5.6.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 type:<unknown type> member:<none>

Has anyone ever managed to use the SFTP (SSH) configurations with this docker ?

Where is it keeping the temp files or whatever it makes? I'm getting an unraid error that the docker img is filling up until it purges the backup to my destination drive. Would liek to pass in a variable to let the temp files go somewhere else (cache drive) until its ready to spit out the backup to the real destination

:update: found it. Was simply the /tmp directory. Mapped that to a tmp folder in the docker folder and good to go. no more docker img filling up when backing up more than 30 gigs (all i have free int he docker image)

Edited by morbidpete
Where is it keeping the temp files or whatever it makes? I'm getting an unraid error that the docker img is filling up until it purges the backup to my destination drive. Would liek to pass in a variable to let the temp files go somewhere else (cache drive) until its ready to spit out the backup to the real destination

:update: found it. Was simply the /tmp directory. Mapped that to a tmp folder in the docker folder and good to go. no more docker img filling up when backing up more than 30 gigs (all i have free int he docker image)

We should probably add that mapping to the template.

I'll do that tomorrow (If I remember)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 30/05/2017 at 4:17 PM, naisspas said:

I am unable to configure a backup in SFTP (SSH) on a remote unRAID host :(

Can't find custom attr constructor image: /app/duplicati/Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.dll mtoken: 0x0a0004b9 due to: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Data.Services.Client, Version=5.6.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. assembly:Microsoft.Data.Services.Client, Version=5.6.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 type:<unknown type> member:<none>

Has anyone ever managed to use the SFTP (SSH) configurations with this docker ?

Yep, I use this with a remote sftp host and no problems there. You might find its something to do with the remote unraid host.

• 1 month later...