[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36

17 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

Sorry for lack of clarity.

When viewing Zoneminder live stream, I am seeing things 3-4 seconds from behind live action.  As I increase fps on the camera itself, the delay is reduced.

You can go to the first post and click on the link to the Zoneminder forum and see if there is an answer there.  You may want to post your issue there and see if you get an answer.  I am not an expert on camera setup in Zoneminder or how it works.

1 minute ago, dlandon said:

You can go to the first post and click on the link to the Zoneminder forum and see if there is an answer there.  You may want to post your issue there and see if you get an answer.  I am not an expert on camera setup in Zoneminder or how it works.

Yeah, I didn't think it was a docker specific issue, but figured I'd give it a shot!

I'll post over there.  Thanks.

30 minutes ago, matt0013 said:

Here are the results.

www.JPG

zoneminder.JPG

I see a issue with the way the docker has set up permissions, but it is not the issue you have.

Be sure you have set PUID = 99, and PGID = 100.  It looks like you have them set wrong.

11 minutes ago, matt0013 said:

Not sure what this means exactly.  How do I set these?

They are in the docker template right below the WebUi port.  If those are correct, go back into the docker using:

docker exec -i -t Zoneminder bash

And execute this command:

chown -R root:www-data /var/cache/zoneminder

This should fix the permissions and eliminate the errors.  Let me know if that works.

12 minutes ago, dlandon said:

If those are correct, go back into the docker using:

These were correct.

12 minutes ago, dlandon said:

And execute this command:

chown -R root:www-data /var/cache/zoneminder

No luck with this.  Still have the same errors in the log.

1 minute ago, matt0013 said:

These were correct.

No luck with this.  Still have the same errors in the log.

Go into the docker again and do this command:

ls -l /var/cache/zoneminder

Show the results.  See if the owner was changed.  The issue is with the ownership of the folder, not the permissions as I said earlier.

I think you have an issue with the permissions and/or ownership on your appdata share.  Do you have any other dockers running?  Any issues with them?

3 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Go into the docker again and do this command:

ls -l /var/cache/zoneminder

Show the results.  See if the owner was changed.  The issue is with the ownership of the folder, not the permissions as I said earlier.

I think you have an issue with the permissions and/or ownership on your appdata share.  Do you have any other dockers running?  Any issues with them?

Looks like owner was changed.

I have HomeAssistant running with no issues.  That's the only other active one running.

Capture3.JPG

13 minutes ago, matt0013 said:

Looks like owner was changed.

I have HomeAssistant running with no issues.  That's the only other active one running.

Capture3.JPG

I just now noticed the '+' sign next to the permissions.  This means you have extended permissions on these folders.  From what I understand this is additional to the Linux permissions.  I am not enough of a Linux guru to understand what that means, but I suspect that is your issue.  What did you do to set the extended permissions?  Did you set some extended permissions with Windows?  Maybe a Linux expert can chime in here.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

I just now noticed the '+' sign next to the permissions.  This means you have extended permissions on these folders.  From what I understand this is additional to the Linux permissions.  I am not enough of a Linux guru to understand what that means, but I suspect that is your issue.  What did you do to set the extended permissions?  Did you set some extended permissions with Windows?  Maybe a Linux expert can chime in here.

I did set some permissions with WinSCP a long time ago; not related to Zoneminder though but it may have had an unintended consequence...

The issue is currently fixed.  I did some things to remove extended permissions and I also updated the docker since I noticed the option was available.  Not sure what exactly fixed it, the update or my removing of extended permissions.

4 minutes ago, matt0013 said:

I did set some permissions with WinSCP a long time ago; not related to Zoneminder though but it may have had an unintended consequence...

The issue is currently fixed.  I did some things to remove extended permissions and I also updated the docker since I noticed the option was available.  Not sure what exactly fixed it, the update or my removing of extended permissions.

Glad you got it fixed.

I have another odd issue.

I'm just noticing now.  It looks like every event is recording FOUR times.  I'll have four copies of each frame saved in four different locations.

In the events folder, I see a folder named "1" and then a folder named "front".  Front is the title I gave camera  #1.  The contents of the folders are the same.

In each of those folders, it'll start with a folder representing year (17), then month (5), then day (28).  Within the day folder, there is a folder called ".13" which represents "Event-13",  Inside this folder you can view a .jpg for all saved frames.  But then there's also a folder called "22" inside the day folder which is representing hour 22.  Inside the hour 22 folder is a minute folder and then second folder.  Inside that folder are the images, and also a blank file called ".13".  

Confused?!  I'll break it down the following way.

A capture of a frame on camera #1 named "front" that happened at 10:15:50 can be found at:

Server IP > share > events > 1 > 17 > 05 > 28 > 22 > 15 > 20 > 00001-capture.jpg

Server IP > share > events > 1 > 17 > 05 > 28 > .13 > 00001-capture.jpg

Server IP > share > events > front  > 17 > 05 > 28 > 22 > 15 > 20 > 00001-capture.jpg

Server IP > share > events > front > 17 > 05 > 28 > .13 > 00001-capture.jpg

Same file 4 times.  

Any idea why this is happening?

Edited by Living Legend
5 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

Server IP > share > events > 1 > 17 > 05 > 28 > 22 > 15 > 20 > 00001-capture.jpg

Server IP > share > events > 1 > 17 > 05 > 28 > .13 > 00001-capture.jpg

Server IP > share > events > front  > 17 > 05 > 28 > 22 > 15 > 20 > 00001-capture.jpg

Server IP > share > events > front > 17 > 05 > 28 > .13 > 00001-capture.jpg

Wild guess. Delete one and see if the others disappear. Maybe it's the same file presented in multiple views?

If not, is it possible you created 4 different profiles for capture?

I don't currently use the software, so I'm probably completely wrong.

On 5/28/2017 at 1:00 AM, Squid said:

Internet slang.   Opening post or original poster.   In this case it means opening post (first post of thread)

Ok got it the OP...stuff,  looking all through page one,  and there is no mention of PTZ.....are you saying that or referencing that I need to make configuration changes somewhere to make ptz work? 

I applied the latest update a few days ago when it popped up... everything "seemed" to go ok.  I could see live video again after the upgrade however all events showed up as null length etc.   I can't play any of them...  I'm just going to reinstall the docker but wondered if I was supposed to upgrade some other way when the updates show up.  I thought I read something in this thread about dlandon getting the updates working.

Updating the docker is all you have to do.  What did you upgrade from?  Another Zoneminder docker?

Just upgraded your docker. Just reinstalled your docker to and it doesn't seem to be working.... events show as "new event" seconds =0 frames are null/null and score is 0/0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a second look... I figured out why it wasn't working after I re-installed the docker.  my /var/cache/zoneminder was mapped to the wrong folder.  Still not sure why it broke during the update though.  Does the update try to change the /var/cache/zoneminder mapping to a default or something?  Mine is mapped to /mnt/cache/.apps/zoneminder/data   when I reinstalled it wanted to default map it to /mnt/cache/appdata/zoneminder/data

What are the write permissions supposed to be for the data directories?
I know the owner is 0:33. I had a problem when I swapped out my data drive for a larger faster drive. I copied all the data from the old drive to the new. The permissions look the same. I checked ls -la in the container (/var/cache/zoneminder) and at /mnt/disks/zoneminder. However zoneminder can't mkdir, permission denied. It couldn't create the new 06 month directory. The top directories in /data (events, images, temp) had 777 but the monitors 01 & 02 had something different. Until I chmod 777 it wouldn't record any events.

• dlandon changed the title to [support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36