[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36

4 hours ago, mgranger said:

I think I am having a similar issue.  My zoneminder seems to be working and I can log into the web interface however I am not able to get it to accept requests from Home Assistant.  Not sure if this is related but it happened after I updated Zoneminder docker. 

How does Hkme Assistant access Zoneminder?

I'm have the same issue with  Home Assistant. I have tried setting SSL in  Home Assistant but still has not corrected the issue.

"HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.1.150', port=9091): Max retries exceeded with url: /zm/index.php (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:841)'),))" 

Any help on this would be great THANKS.

11 hours ago, naughtytester said:

I'm have the same issue with  Home Assistant. I have tried setting SSL in  Home Assistant but still has not corrected the issue.

"HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.1.150', port=9091): Max retries exceeded with url: /zm/index.php (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:841)'),))" 

Any help on this would be great THANKS.

Because insecure access is no longer available for Zoneminder, you need to switch to secure access - https.  I don't know how Home Assistant works, but secure access to a device should not be a problem.  Be sure to use the same url you use to access the webui.  Zoneminder has a self signed certificate that is used for secure access.

I have been trying to get this to load for 3 days now so I can check it out.  I think it is time i reach out for help.  I can't the UI to load at all.  I keep getting "The site can't be reached."  I have tried about 6 different ports and forwarded in my router, I have tried bridge, host and br0, with no luck either.  Any advice?

7 hours ago, jbrown705 said:

I have been trying to get this to load for 3 days now so I can check it out.  I think it is time i reach out for help.  I can't the UI to load at all.  I keep getting "The site can't be reached."  I have tried about 6 different ports and forwarded in my router, I have tried bridge, host and br0, with no luck either.  Any advice?

Install using the default template.  Left click on the Docker icon and select WebUiI.  Be sure you are not using port 8443 for Unraid.  If you still cannot get it going, post your diagnostics.

9 hours ago, dlandon said:

Install using the default template.  Left click on the Docker icon and select WebUiI.  Be sure you are not using port 8443 for Unraid.  If you still cannot get it going, post your diagnostics.

I am not using 8443 for unraid, but I am using it for a WDMyCloud on different IP.  I have tried changing the port and still can't get in.  I set a bunch of different port and forwarded them all as well.  I installed using the app via CA.  Should i be using a different one?

Edited by jbrown705
2 hours ago, jbrown705 said:

I am not using 8443 for unraid, but I am using it for a WDMyCloud on different IP.  I have tried changing the port and still can't get in.  I set a bunch of different port and forwarded them all as well.  I installed using the app via CA.  Should i be using a different one?

CA is the right place to get the docker.  Please just use the template defaults and get it working before changing things.  Show me a screen shot of what happens when you click on the docker WebUI.

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

CA is the right place to get the docker.  Please just use the template defaults and get it working before changing things.  Show me a screen shot of what happens when you click on the docker WebUI.

I switched the port back to the default 8443 and tried again.  Here is a screenshot of my settings and what happens when I click WebUI.

zoneminder1.jpg

zoneminder2.jpg

7 minutes ago, dlandon said:

When you set a static IP address, use port 443.

would you recommend using static or bridge?

**Update**

That got me in but with bridge and 8443 or static and 443, it doesn't come thru as secure for some reason (chrome on mac)?

Edited by jbrown705
9 hours ago, jbrown705 said:

would you recommend using static or bridge?

**Update**

That got me in but with bridge and 8443 or static and 443, it doesn't come thru as secure for some reason (chrome on mac)?

I prefer a static ip address.  Because the certificate in Zonemonder is self generated, browsers will complain about the connection not being secure.  It is secure, but the browser is warning you about the certificate not being certified.

4 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

I have tried adding cameras to Zoneminder but they remain red in the console.

My cameras are Dlink DCS-4602EC. I utilised the settings per https://wiki.zoneminder.com/D-Link#DCS-4602EV

The log file is attached.

I know the cameras work

zm-log.txt

Your best bet for help with camera setup is the Zoneminder forums.  The link is in the first post.

Hi All,

I'm having a problem getting into the webui of zoneminder, actually getting it working.  It has been working great all along until unraid 6.6.6 update.  I'm getting a site cannot be reached.  Well I noticed that my unassigned devices were unmounted after the unraid update.  So I mounted the disk thinking that would fix it.  No luck with that.  I still can't access it.  Any idea what can be going on? I've attached my configuration.  

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 12.09.47 AM.png

4 hours ago, Mlatx said:

Hi All,

I'm having a problem getting into the webui of zoneminder, actually getting it working.  It has been working great all along until unraid 6.6.6 update.  I'm getting a site cannot be reached.  Well I noticed that my unassigned devices were unmounted after the unraid update.  So I mounted the disk thinking that would fix it.  No luck with that.  I still can't access it.  Any idea what can be going on? I've attached my configuration.  

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 12.09.47 AM.png

It's not a 6.6.6 issue.  The Zoneminder docker has been changed to only allow https: access.  Your template is set up for http: access that Zoneminder no longer allows.  Go to CA and find Zoneminder.  Then use the default template to setup Zoneminder.  Go to the Dockers and left click the Zoneminder icon and choose WebUI.  You can the access Zoneminder.

• dlandon changed the title to [support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36