[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36

7 hours ago, Domino7897 said:

For some reason I am not able to enter the webgui even when left clicking the docker. image.thumb.png.d0eb76e3b336bf88f0d81768ae7f56e7.png

You might have a port mapping issue.  Setting the "Network Type" to "Host" allows a Docker access all ports for that ip address.  Set Zoneminder to have a static ip address.  Be sure you aren't using port 8443 for Unraid access.

10 minutes ago, OrangeLoon said:

Forgive my lack of knowledge but why does Zoneminder need it's own IP address when it did not before?

It doesn't.  You just can't seem to sort out the ports, and assigning an ip to Zoneminder is an alternative.  If you don't want to give it its own ip address, you'll have to sort out why port 8443 doesn't work.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:43 PM, dlandon said:

Click on Advanced View and you can edit the WebUI link.

Part of the problem here is the template  You've got in it for the webUI link

https://[IP]:[PORT:8443]/zm

That line takes whatever container port 8443 is mapped to and changes it to the appropriate host port, or uses 8443 if the mapping doesn't exist

That's why even when buddy changed the port to instead be 443 it still went to 8443

Change the webUI link to instead be and it will follow the mappings correctly 

https://[IP]:[PORT:443]/zm

@OrangeLoon you should make this change also in the template when you edit it (advanced view - webUI  *if you can't see it then you may also need to Settings - Docker, Enable Template Authoring Mode)

Edited by Squid
20 minutes ago, OrangeLoon said:

When I can click on it, it generates a "NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID" error which I can bypass.  Here are my settings:

You are getting that error because the certificate is self signed.  To get rid of that you will need a real certificate.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find an answer on a quick search.

Since upgrading to version 1.x many months ago now (zm was on version 0.something for over a year without issue) my array is always spun up.

Zoneminder writes to the cache initially, and then mover puts the recordings on the array overnight. Using openfiles I can see that ZM is holding open seemingly arbitrary event files after they've been moved off the cache drive, and thus keeps the array spun up. If I restart ZM it releases the files and the array spins down. However, if I open the web interface again, or wait until the mover runs again, the array spins back up and ZM holds onto another random set of files.

Any ideas?

5 hours ago, enriquezandrew92 said:

Whenever I search for Zoneminder in CA it only shows the private repos. I try installing it but never seems to work correctly. I would rather just install the Zoneminder preconfigured. Any ideas? 

unraid.PNG

I think you have "Enable additional search results from dockerHub?" set to yes.  Turn that off.

If you continue to have problems, post on the CA forum for help.

• dlandon changed the title to [support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36