dlandon

[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.32

407 posts in this topic Last Reply

23 minutes ago, geekypenguin said:

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find an answer on a quick search.

Since upgrading to version 1.x many months ago now (zm was on version 0.something for over a year without issue) my array is always spun up.

Zoneminder writes to the cache initially, and then mover puts the recordings on the array overnight. Using openfiles I can see that ZM is holding open seemingly arbitrary event files after they've been moved off the cache drive, and thus keeps the array spun up. If I restart ZM it releases the files and the array spins down. However, if I open the web interface again, or wait until the mover runs again, the array spins back up and ZM holds onto another random set of files.

Any ideas?

I have Zoneminder appdata set to my SSD cache and don't move anything to the array.  You should consider the same.

Just now, dlandon said:

I have Zoneminder appdata set to my SSD cache and don't move anything to the array.  You should consider the same.

That doesn't really fix the issue, my cache (at 500gb) isn't big enough to store more than a couple of days worth of footage from all the cameras. That's why I move them onto the array for 2weeks before purging. 

The config folder for the docker sits only on the cache, and the cache/data share is on the array using the cache drive.

15 minutes ago, geekypenguin said:

That doesn't really fix the issue, my cache (at 500gb) isn't big enough to store more than a couple of days worth of footage from all the cameras. That's why I move them onto the array for 2weeks before purging. 

The config folder for the docker sits only on the cache, and the cache/data share is on the array using the cache drive.

Are you recording from all cameras using "Mocord" or "Record"?

Edited by dlandon

12 minutes ago, geekypenguin said:

I'm using modect

I have two cameras using "Modect" and keep events for 30 days.  My data folder is 50Gb.  I don't know how you are filling a 500Gb SSD.  Seems you have several options:

• Get a larger cache disk.
  • Set up another SSD in Unassigned Devices dedicated to Zoneminder data.
  • Dedicate one array drive for Zoneminder data and keep it spinning.
  • Go to the Zoneminder forum and ask for a solution.

There is more than one thing using g the cache admittedly, but I get a lot of motion past some of the cameras so get quite a few events.

I'll try the zoneminder forum if you can't think of anything in your container.

Thanks

49 minutes ago, geekypenguin said:

There is more than one thing using g the cache admittedly, but I get a lot of motion past some of the cameras so get quite a few events.

I'll try the zoneminder forum if you can't think of anything in your container.

Thanks

Just checked, 2 weeks 4 cameras is just under 1TB