[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36

4 minutes ago, repomanz said:

HI @dlandon Thank you.  I tried that and still having issues with mariadb starting.  I have 32gb installed and even with shm set at 24G (75%) I still get the error starting up db.  Other suggestions?

Delete your docker image, and the docker template and then go to apps and use the latest template and re-install the docker.

14 minutes ago, repomanz said:

HI @dlandon Thank you.  I tried that and still having issues with mariadb starting.  I have 32gb installed and even with shm set at 24G (75%) I still get the error starting up db.  Other suggestions?

I did notice this however:

Starting services...
* Starting Apache httpd web server apache2
* Starting MariaDB database server mysqld
* Starting MariaDB database server mysqld
Jan 3 15:54:29 2640f3f29b3b web_php[623]: FAT [Failed db connection to ]

mariadb starting up twice?

Were you using the master docker previously?

5 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Were you using the master docker previously?

Was using the previous one defined in the template before this update.   I didn't change anything there.  Doing another re-install with the shm defined at the start to see if that does anything different.

Update: no change after removing docker and image with fresh installation with shm set to 16g at the start of install.

Edited by repomanz
40 minutes ago, hbrob said:

I had a clean folder when this happened (I started completely from scratch when trying to troubleshoot).

Manually adding the files to my hooks folder from the repo fixed this issue, but hooks still arent working.  When trying to run this manually from the command line, I get "sudo: /var/lib/zmeventnotification/bin/zm_event_start.sh: command not found'

At this point, I would like to just roll back to the previoys 18.04 version ( I still have my files from that install).  Is there a way to do this so I can get it going again?  Was working fine under my old install.  I dont see any tags on your docker repo.

Give me a bit.  I think I found something.

6 minutes ago, repomanz said:

is that the correct template URL?

Template URL's are always correct in the template.  Assuming you install via Apps, the author actually cannot set it.  Besides that, the entry is only used during updates and has no bearing whatsoever outside of that scenario and what happens when the container is updated.

Having the same issue as some others here. Removed the old image, ditched the old template and pulled all new versions down. MySql wont start. Currently have Shared mem set to 18GB. 

I see you're working on a new build, and I appreciate how quick you're working. Just throwing in more information. 

3 minutes ago, texastoast_ said:

Having the same issue as some others here. Removed the old image, ditched the old template and pulled all new versions down. MySql wont start. Currently have Shared mem set to 18GB. 

I see you're working on a new build, and I appreciate how quick you're working. Just throwing in more information. 

What files do you see in appdata/conf/?

4 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Did you check your appdata paths if you used the new template?  Click on more settings to see the paths.

Paths are in-tact. 

Appdata Config Path: /mnt/user/dockerdata/Zoneminder

Container Path: /config

Data Path: /mnt/user/appdata/Zoneminder/data

Container Path: /var/cache/zoneminder

@dlandon

I renamed my zoneminder folder (appdata) and doing a completely new install.  Not that I wanted to do that but wanted to test.  I noticed something in the mysql folder relating to debian and I thought I saw a reference above that the new version uses ubuntu

image.png.809c6949aeb48f9526a3ba7bd941aecb.png

New version is building now (compiling opencv) but I took a look at the mysql directory and the debian flag file is debian-10.3.flag.  Not sure if that matters or not but wanted to point it out.

Edited by repomanz
Just now, repomanz said:

@dlandon

I renamed my zoneminder folder (appdata) and doing a completely new install.  Not that I wanted to do that but wanted to test.  I noticed something in the mysql folder relating to debian and I thought I saw a reference above that the new version uses ubuntu

The previous version was also Ubuntu.  Ubuntu is Debian based.  I also did a new install without a problem.

2 minutes ago, dlandon said:

The previous version was also Ubuntu.  Ubuntu is Debian based.  I also did a new install without a problem.

New version is building now (compiling opencv) but I took a look at the mysql directory and the debian flag file is debian-10.3.flag.  Not sure if that matters or not but wanted to point it out.  In my old directory it's 10.1

Edited by repomanz

Those of you with database issues, it may be due to you restarting the docker and updating Zoneminder in the process.  Zoneminder will get updated whenever the docker is restarted if there is a new version of Zoneminder.  Part of the update to Zoeminder is an update to the database.  If that failed because of the issues with shared memory, the database may have gotten corrupted.

• Like 1
Just now, repomanz said:

No problem.  Is there a way we can debug this? My new install completed including a fresh zoneminder app data directory and it comes up with no problem (except all my configurations / cameras are gone).

Database issues are difficult.  You might try the Zoneminder forums for some help.

• dlandon changed the title to [support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36