[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36

On 5/31/2018 at 7:29 AM, thegizzard said:

4K doesnt work.

Everything works fine until I set my new 4K camera (monitor 7) to 4K (3840x2160).  It works fine at 2560x1440, but when I set it to 4K, errors start flying.  See attached log.

Any ideas on why?

zm-log.html

The best way to get an answer to this issue is to post on the Zoneminder forum.

11 minutes ago, dalben said:

Is anyone seeing huge CPU usage with this container?  With no cameras connected, Zoneminder was pushing 2 of my 4 i5-2500  cores to around 80%.  Stopping the container brings the CPU back to low single digits idle.

I've not seen this issue.  Did you install this Docker over an older version appdata?  I would remove the Docker and the appdata and start over. 

2 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I've not seen this issue.  Did you install this Docker over an older version appdata?  I would remove the Docker and the appdata and start over. 

No.  I deleted the old one and set it all up from scratch.  Tried reinstalling a couple of other times too.  I'll keep sniffing around and see if I can see anything

11 minutes ago, dalben said:

No.  I deleted the old one and set it all up from scratch.  Tried reinstalling a couple of other times too.  I'll keep sniffing around and see if I can see anything

Is your Docker and appdata on an SSD cache or SSD UD drive, or on the array?

First off, thanks for the work on this.  I've been using this container for 7+ months and it has been great in general.  Especially appreciate the addition of zmNinja support and the crontab configuration.  

And the question... Are there any plans to build a 1.31/32 container? I realize it isn't quite in production yet but they are quite close and would love to start leveraging many of the new features including:

• Record to mp4 container files
  • Record to multiple storage folders
  • Web UI rewrite
  • Montage Review rewrite (?)
  • All system specific path variables are now stored in config files under a conf.d folder
  • Add an arbitrary website as a non-recordable monitor
  • better indication that /dev/shm is full or about to become full
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JimG said:

First off, thanks for the work on this.  I've been using this container for 7+ months and it has been great in general.  Especially appreciate the addition of zmNinja support and the crontab configuration.  

And the question... Are there any plans to build a 1.31/32 container? I realize it isn't quite in production yet but they are quite close and would love to start leveraging many of the new features including:

• Record to mp4 container files
  • Record to multiple storage folders
  • Web UI rewrite
  • Montage Review rewrite (?)
  • All system specific path variables are now stored in config files under a conf.d folder
  • Add an arbitrary website as a non-recordable monitor
  • better indication that /dev/shm is full or about to become full

I will wait until the version is stable.

• Upvote 1

The issue with the docker not stopping still happened even after setting shared memory to 60. It took MUCH longer this time, but it still happened.

Is there anything I can give you that will help? The container just says it's stopping and then nothing. I've had to delete the image quite a few times to fix this. Not difficult, but a pain.

What can I do to help? Am I the only one that has this issue?

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2018 at 11:39 AM, mbc0 said:

Just though I would try this out as my Video Doorbell is arriving this week, Do I have to manually specify the /data directory for images/video as it defaulting to my cache drive at the moment?

zm.JPG

zm2.JPG

You can specify a different location for the data if you don't want it on your cache drive.

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble getting this docker to work on my unraid.  I'm assuming that the best way to configure the network for this docker is a bridge?

I managed to get an Apache page up (like mentioned in a previous post) but nothing when I use http://IP:8080/zm

I was able to muck around using 'host' and changing the listening port within the docker's Apache2 ports.conf and managed to get Zoneminder's page working.  So I know it's in there somewhere! 

So to me it looks like the ports aren't being passed from the unraid network into the docker's.  I've tried a few different ports in the UI field with no luck.  I also noticed that when I click on edit for the webUI port that it is greyed out and is the same as what I chose for the host port.

Any suggestions?

Edited by nug
3 hours ago, nug said:

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble getting this docker to work on my unraid.  I'm assuming that the best way to configure the network for this docker is a bridge?

I managed to get an Apache page up (like mentioned in a previous post) but nothing when I use http://IP:8080/zm

I was able to muck around using 'host' and changing the listening port within the docker's Apache2 ports.conf and managed to get Zoneminder's page working.  So I know it's in there somewhere! 

So to me it looks like the ports aren't being passed from the unraid network into the docker's.  I've tried a few different ports in the UI field with no luck.  I also noticed that when I click on edit for the webUI port that it is greyed out and is the same as what I chose for the host port.

Any suggestions?

Give the docker a static ip address.

On 7/24/2018 at 12:51 AM, dlandon said:

Give the docker a static ip address.

That does make sense but clearly I have more to learn about dockers and how their networks work.  I've set it as static, all looks ok but I can't ping it from my unraid box.  All good I think I'll go back to the idea of using one of my VMs to do this.  Thanks mate!

Edit: So I went back and refreshed that page a few hours later and bang!  It had worked.  I'm not sure why it took hours to kick in but it seems like the static IP has fixed the issue - thanks mate.  I'm sure that will help me with future docker issues too.

Edited by nug

I am getting an issue where one or two of my cameras seem to be failing quite often.  I don't think my system is overloaded but something seems to be happening.  I only have 4 cameras that I am using and 32 GB of RAM which I am sharing 65%.  My "South Cam Day" seems to be dropping intermittently as well as my "Driveway Cam Day"  

Here is a portion of my log file.  Not sure if anyone on here can help me out.

zm-log1.txt

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I would like to use zoneminder on my unraid server.

Unfortunately, the docker container won't start. When I launch it, I get an error message "Execution error Server error".

Also the log is completely empty.

I tried to uninstall the container and reinstall it again but it didn't make the trick.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, the docker container won't start. When I launch it, I get an error message "Execution error Server error".

I tried to uninstall the container and reinstall it again but it didn't make the trick.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

To be honest, I had so much trouble with this docker. Perhaps it was my setup but I just couldn’t get it to work properly without crashing my whole server. I setup an Ubuntu VM and installed zoneminder from their source. Their website has plenty of walk throughs doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13 hours ago, mathgoy said:

Hi Guys,

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Remove the Zoneminder folder from appdata and install the docker again.

6 hours ago, Darqfallen said:

To be honest, I had so much trouble with this docker. Perhaps it was my setup but I just couldn’t get it to work properly without crashing my whole server. I setup an Ubuntu VM and installed zoneminder from their source. Their website has plenty of walk throughs doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it hard to believe that the Zoneminder docker took down your server.

On 8/14/2018 at 1:29 PM, dlandon said:

Remove the Zoneminder folder from appdata and install the docker again.

Hi,

I did try this with no success.

Therefore, I used darqfallen's advice and did install zoneminder in a VM (ubuntu server).

This works now evnthough Zoneminder is not the easiest piece of software to setup (those freakin filters are a pain in the neck to setup).

Thanks for your support anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Had installed as docker before but haven't ran in a long time. 

1. So I REMOVED it.  Went to appdata, and deleted zoneminder and subdirectories to completely remove.
  2. Reinstalled Zoneminder docker.
  3. Now getting same error as another here  "Execution error Server error"
  4. image.png.df2961b4d93ef66e27b285352c0a5c42.pngimage.png.97b5fc9f4c93420a1ad4dba768e1b618.png

image.thumb.png.30194ae9ca9faf8ad6b3a292d9289f33.png

Any advice appreciated.

Edited by dyker
7 hours ago, dyker said:

Had installed as docker before but haven't ran in a long time. 

1. So I REMOVED it.  Went to appdata, and deleted zoneminder and subdirectories to completely remove.
  2. Reinstalled Zoneminder docker.
  3. Now getting same error as another here  "Execution error Server error"
  4. image.png.df2961b4d93ef66e27b285352c0a5c42.pngimage.png.97b5fc9f4c93420a1ad4dba768e1b618.png

image.thumb.png.30194ae9ca9faf8ad6b3a292d9289f33.png

Any advice appreciated.

Does the system log indicate anything about the error?

ug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: docker0: port 2(veth13e8777) entered blocking state
Aug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: docker0: port 2(veth13e8777) entered disabled state
Aug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: device veth13e8777 entered promiscuous mode
Aug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): veth13e8777: link is not ready
Aug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: docker0: port 2(veth13e8777) entered blocking state
Aug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: docker0: port 2(veth13e8777) entered forwarding state
Aug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: docker0: port 2(veth13e8777) entered disabled state
Aug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: device veth13e8777 left promiscuous mode

3 hours ago, dyker said:

ug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: docker0: port 2(veth13e8777) entered blocking state
Aug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: device veth13e8777 entered promiscuous mode
Aug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): veth13e8777: link is not ready
Aug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: docker0: port 2(veth13e8777) entered blocking state
Aug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: docker0: port 2(veth13e8777) entered forwarding state
Aug 26 08:21:15 UnraidServer kernel: device veth13e8777 left promiscuous mode

Looks to be a network issue.  Post your complete diagnostics.

• dlandon changed the title to [support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36