[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36

On 8/13/2018 at 5:52 PM, mathgoy said:

I would like to use zoneminder on my unraid server.

Unfortunately, the docker container won't start. When I launch it, I get an error message "Execution error Server error".

Also the log is completely empty.

I am new to this stuff, and I had the exact same issue. But when I added the new share and connected the path to it... it worked. But I can not log into the Web UI.

I have it set to "http://[IP]:[PORT:80]/zm" So what would I enter as the url? I tried http://192.168.1.2:80/web/index.html, http://192.168.1.2:8080/web/index.html, and http://192.168.1.2:/80/zm

1.PNG

39 minutes ago, johnzimm said:

I am new to this stuff, and I had the exact same issue. But when I added the new share and connected the path to it... it worked. But I can not log into the Web UI.

I have it set to "http://[IP]:[PORT:80]/zm" So what would I enter as the url? I tried http://192.168.1.2:80/web/index.html, http://192.168.1.2:8080/web/index.html, and http://192.168.1.2:/80/zm

1.PNG

Left click on the Zoneminder docker icon and choose "WebUI" and you'll get to the UI.

Edited by dlandon
3 minutes ago, johnzimm said:

Sorry, I should have said I tried that first. When I do that it takes me to 192.168.1.2/zm

554165EB-5082-4AAE-B6F9-F15D73751BA2.jpeg

Did you set an ip address for Zoneminder or is that the Unraid server address?  Please remove the docker and the xml file and install zoneminder with all the defaults in the xml.  Don't make any changes until you get Zoneminder going.  The default port is 8080.

9 minutes ago, mgranger said:

They are set at 2 fps on the camera

Ok.  I don't see a problem with the frame rate.

Are you using the right method for your camera?  i.e. TCP.

There are new features on the cameras.  I would check the camera settings in Zoneminder and be sure none of the new settings affect your cameras.

You might want to delete one of the cameras and set it up again from scratch using the new camera setting defaults.

18 minutes ago, mgranger said:

They are set at 2 fps on the camera

Just thought of something.  Several days ago, when Zoneminder was updating after a docker restart or an initial install, the Ubuntu php repository was passing php 7.3RC to the docker as the latest php version.  Zoneminder is not compatible with php 7.2 or higher.  This might be an issue for you.  The thing to do is remove the docker and the re-install it.  This would clear up any improper php 7.3RC update.

I have also been doing some changes to the docker creation file and there have been some mistakes along the way.  It should be all cleared up now.

17 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Just thought of something.  Several days ago, when Zoneminder was updating after a docker restart or an initial install, the Ubuntu php repository was passing php 7.3RC to the docker as the latest php version.  Zoneminder is not compatible with php 7.2 or higher.  This might be an issue for you.  The thing to do is remove the docker and the re-install it.  This would clear up any improper php 7.3RC update.

I have also been doing some changes to the docker creation file and there have been some mistakes along the way.  It should be all cleared up now.

I just deleted it and reinstalled and it is already failing.  I am using ffmpeg and tcp.  i didn't see anything that looks different/wrong but obviously something is off.

37 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Have you looked at any possible networking issues?

I have not looked at any ne gr working issues yet but if I pull up the video feed of the camera from the website I get a feed no problem and at the same time I look at the zoneminder image and I am having a problem so it makes me think the network is not the issue. It seems like it is something in zoneminder/unraid somewhere. 

1 hour ago, mgranger said:

I have not looked at any ne gr working issues yet but if I pull up the video feed of the camera from the website I get a feed no problem and at the same time I look at the zoneminder image and I am having a problem so it makes me think the network is not the issue. It seems like it is something in zoneminder/unraid somewhere. 

Have you checked your processor load? When I was first setting up my two cameras I had to change the resolution and shrink the zones on the feeds I was using for motion detection to reduce the load on the processor. Also this last week I had a Vm take up too much processor power and it screwed up my zoneminder instance (apis wouldn't connect to zmninja). 

9 hours ago, BilboT34Baggins said:

Have you checked your processor load? When I was first setting up my two cameras I had to change the resolution and shrink the zones on the feeds I was using for motion detection to reduce the load on the processor. Also this last week I had a Vm take up too much processor power and it screwed up my zoneminder instance (apis wouldn't connect to zmninja). 

My processor load seems all over the place. Before I updated to 1.32 the load in zoneminder was 1 or 1.5 with my 4 cameras now after the update it seems closer to high 4 or middle 5's. This is with Mocord. If I set it to just record it does come down quite a bit (which makes sense)  my first to cameras say they are at or below 2 fps within zoneminder. My 3rd camera says around 140 fps and the 4th is 1000 fps which is wrong. All are actually set at 2fps in the camera so not sure why they say they are so high. 

10 hours ago, mgranger said:

My processor load seems all over the place. Before I updated to 1.32 the load in zoneminder was 1 or 1.5 with my 4 cameras now after the update it seems closer to high 4 or middle 5's. This is with Mocord. If I set it to just record it does come down quite a bit (which makes sense)  my first to cameras say they are at or below 2 fps within zoneminder. My 3rd camera says around 140 fps and the 4th is 1000 fps which is wrong. All are actually set at 2fps in the camera so not sure why they say they are so high. 

So is there a way to go back to 1.30.  I don't even care if i have to do a new database and just start from scratch.  i am too frustrated with 1.32.

5 hours ago, mgranger said:

So is there a way to go back to 1.30.  I don't even care if i have to do a new database and just start from scratch.  i am too frustrated with 1.32.

Well what else do you have running on your server and your network? What kind of cameras do you have? Wired or wireless? It took me a while to adjust my cameras and zones to settings that my processor could handle. Are you trying to process full resolution video for motion, or are you using the cameras secondary low resolution stream for that? Mine has that and I have to use it

10 hours ago, mgranger said:

This docker doesn't run any version other than 1.32.  It would be best to go ahead and sort out your camera issues.

Start by checking your Zoneminder log for any issues related to the cameras.

I would suggest disabling all your cameras except for one and get it set up to work properly, then add the second and so forth.  I run two cameras at 15 fps each and do not have any tearing of the video at all.  Some suggestions for your camera setup.

- Start with a low fps set in the camera - I think you said 2 fps is set right now.

- Look for something in the camera called 'Snapshot' and set to a 1 second interval.  This setting is how often the camera sends a full capture so Zoneminder can synchronize the video.  This helps prevent tearing of the video.

- See if the camera supports a variable bit rate.  This will cut down on the data to the camera.

- Set the video quality to a low value.  Don't set the video quality to the highest value.

- Set the color in Zoneminder to 8 bit.

Get the cameras working without tearing and then try to make adjustments in frame rate, quality, color , etc.

Also post your diagnostics from your Unraid server.  Maybe I can see something that could help.

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

This docker doesn't run any version other than 1.32.  It would be best to go ahead and sort out your camera issues.

Start by checking your Zoneminder log for any issues related to the cameras.

I would suggest disabling all your cameras except for one and get it set up to work properly, then add the second and so forth.  I run two cameras at 15 fps each and do not have any tearing of the video at all.  Some suggestions for your camera setup.

- Start with a low fps set in the camera - I think you said 2 fps is set right now.

- Look for something in the camera called 'Snapshot' and set to a 1 second interval.  This setting is how often the camera sends a full capture so Zoneminder can synchronize the video.  This helps prevent tearing of the video.

- See if the camera supports a variable bit rate.  This will cut down on the data to the camera.

- Set the video quality to a low value.  Don't set the video quality to the highest value.

- Set the color in Zoneminder to 8 bit.

Get the cameras working without tearing and then try to make adjustments in frame rate, quality, color , etc.

Also post your diagnostics from your Unraid server.  Maybe I can see something that could help.

I have all 4 cameras running right now and as far as the tearing it seems a lot better but everything is a lot lower quality compared to where I was previously.

• I have 2 fps (which is where i was before)
  • Couldn't fine anything called snapshot
  • I set the max bitrate to 2048 (I can't remember what it was previously but it was around 5120 or 6144)
  • The resolution is now 1080p (1920x1072)  (it was previously 2560x 1440)
  • I set the color to 8 bit (previously it was 32 bit)
  • Also now i am just recording rather than MoCord
8 hours ago, BilboT34Baggins said:

Well what else do you have running on your server and your network? What kind of cameras do you have? Wired or wireless? It took me a while to adjust my cameras and zones to settings that my processor could handle. Are you trying to process full resolution video for motion, or are you using the cameras secondary low resolution stream for that? Mine has that and I have to use it

I have a couple other dockers running on my system but nothing that is really taking many resources up (Emby but nothing streaming at the time, no VM's)

My cameras are Reolink RLC-422 and Reolink RLC-410.  

They are all wired.

I will attache my Unraid Diagnostics as well.

finalizer-diagnostics-20181019-1000.zip

6 minutes ago, mgranger said:

I have all 4 cameras running right now and as far as the tearing it seems a lot better but everything is a lot lower quality compared to where I was previously.

• I set the max bitrate to 2048 (I can't remember what it was previously but it was around 5120 or 6144)

I have a couple other dockers running on my system but nothing that is really taking many resources up (Emby but nothing streaming at the time, no VM's)

They are all wired.

Well maybe I spoke too soon.  I am still getting tearing although it is better than it was at first but it is still happening more than it should.

42 minutes ago, mgranger said:

Couldn't fine anything called snapshot

It might not be called snapshot in your camera.

42 minutes ago, mgranger said:

Well maybe I spoke too soon.  I am still getting tearing although it is better than it was at first but it is still happening more than it should.

Did you find anything about variable bit rate, rather than constant bit rate?

What does your bit rate show on the 'Console' of Zoneminder?  It shows at the bottom of the 'Function' column.

1 hour ago, mgranger said:

They are all wired.

Why do you have the dynamix.s3.sleep plugin installed on a server running Zoneminder that needs to continually run?

Remove networkstats.plg and NerdPack.plg.  These may be impacting your Zoneminder.

In Tips and Tweaks:

• Disable NIC flow control and NIC offload.
  • Set 'CPU Scaling Governor' to 'Performance' and 'Intel Turbo Boost' to 'Yes'.
  • Set Disk Cache 'vm.dirty_background_ratio' (%) to 5.
  • Set Disk Cache 'vm.dirty_ratio' (%) to 10.

It might not be called snapshot in your camera.

Did you find anything about variable bit rate, rather than constant bit rate?

What does your bit rate show on the 'Console' of Zoneminder?  It shows at the bottom of the 'Function' column.

I don't see anything called snapshot or anything that lets me change how often an image is sent

There is nothing about variable bit rate.  Just the maximum

My bit rate is about 496 kB/s for the one camera and 300 kB/s or less for the others.  Total is 1.33 MB/s

Why do you have the dynamix.s3.sleep plugin installed on a server running Zoneminder that needs to continually run?

Remove networkstats.plg and NerdPack.plg.  These may be impacting your Zoneminder.

In Tips and Tweaks:

• Disable NIC flow control and NIC offload.
  • Set 'CPU Scaling Governor' to 'Performance' and 'Intel Turbo Boost' to 'Yes'.
  • Set Disk Cache 'vm.dirty_background_ratio' (%) to 5.
  • Set Disk Cache 'vm.dirty_ratio' (%) to 10.

I had this the dynamix.s3.sleep plugin on here before i had zoneminder.  it is disabled right now.  I did all of these tweaks and still am having the same issues.  

8 minutes ago, dlandon said:

What dockers do you have?

I have Appdaemon, binhex-emby, Logitech Media Server, Transmission, Google-Music Manager, Zoneminder, HDDTemp, mariadb, nextcloud, pihole, Dolphin, Grafana, home-assistant, Home-Automation-Bridge, Influxdb, letsencrypt, MQTT, PlexMediaServer, syncthing, telegraf, tvheadend

2 minutes ago, mgranger said:

I have Appdaemon, binhex-emby, Logitech Media Server, Transmission, Google-Music Manager, Zoneminder, HDDTemp, mariadb, nextcloud, pihole, Dolphin, Grafana, home-assistant, Home-Automation-Bridge, Influxdb, letsencrypt, MQTT, PlexMediaServer, syncthing, telegraf, tvheadend

Take a look at this:  https://forums.zoneminder.com/viewtopic.php?t=25874

It seems 1.32 has an issue with your cameras.  The fellow that hosts the package ppa that I get the Zoneminder software from is apparently working with those particular cameras to find and fix the issue.

3 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Take a look at this:  https://forums.zoneminder.com/viewtopic.php?t=25874

It seems 1.32 has an issue with your cameras.  The fellow that hosts the package ppa that I get the Zoneminder software from is apparently working with those particular cameras to find and fix the issue.

I will start to follow this then.  Thanks for all the advice and help.  Sorry to waste all your time though

• dlandon changed the title to [support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36