[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36

On 11/15/2018 at 5:58 PM, dlandon said:

That is correct.  Check your port forwarding.

After trying everything I could think of I gave up with making this work with it's own IP address and switched it over to bridge mode, changed the ports to unused ones (8443 was taken) and forwarded the new ones in my router.  Everything works now with ZM using the unRaid address and zmNinja can connect and receive notices of events.

Thanks again for all the help you've been giving to all of us and your work on this docker!

Edited by Waltm
8 minutes ago, Waltm said:

After trying everything I could think of I gave up with making this work with it's own IP addressed and switched it over to bridge mode, changed the ports to unused ones (8443 was taken) and forwarded the new ones in my router.  Everything works now with ZM using the unRaid address and zmNinja can connect and receive notices of events.

Thanks again for all the help you've been giving to all of us and your work on this docker!

The networking setup and port mapping for a Docker can be difficult.  Glad you got it working.

I recommended that you use https:// was for security.  I really should remove the port 80 http:// access,  but I don't want to cause anyone issues that is already using http:// access.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:57 AM, jmonteiro said:

dlandon,

I just upgraded to 1.32.1 and it worked amazingly well, no issues at all :) Thanks for the awesome work..

Regarding the reverse proxy I asked you for, I was able to use your ZM docker (with Apache) under my nginx reverse proxy, so now I only have one HTTPS port open, instead of 2 and I'm very happy :)

PS:  I just helped with your retirement :)

Thanks,

Jorge

Hi @jmonteiro, Could you share your nginx config plz ? I'm struggling to get it working...

3 hours ago, dlandon said:

The timezone is set when the Docker is started and uses the Unraid time zone. 

My timezone is set to EST I believe in Unraid. I'm not sure what else to try. I've reinstalled the docker container, restarted it, stopped and started it and still showing a different time.

I do have some yellow stuff in the log now that I look. Might this have something to do with it?

Setting up systemd (229-4ubuntu21.9) ...
addgroup: The group `systemd-journal' already exists as a system group. Exiting.
Operation failed: No such file or directory
Failed to create directory or subvolume "/var": Bad file descriptor
Failed to create directory or subvolume "/home": Bad file descriptor
Failed to create directory or subvolume "/srv": Bad file descriptor

Thanks for your help!

Time Problem.PNG

34 minutes ago, bonedrums said:

My timezone is set to EST I believe in Unraid. I'm not sure what else to try. I've reinstalled the docker container, restarted it, stopped and started it and still showing a different time.

I do have some yellow stuff in the log now that I look. Might this have something to do with it?

Setting up systemd (229-4ubuntu21.9) ...
addgroup: The group `systemd-journal' already exists as a system group. Exiting.
Operation failed: No such file or directory
Failed to create directory or subvolume "/var": Bad file descriptor
Failed to create directory or subvolume "/home": Bad file descriptor
Failed to create directory or subvolume "/srv": Bad file descriptor

Thanks for your help!

Time Problem.PNG

Force an update to the docker and at the bottom you'll see the command to start zoneminder.  You'll see the timezone being sent to the docker.  Then display the docker log and early on in the starting process you'll see the time zone set in zoneminder. 

18 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Force an update to the docker and at the bottom you'll see the command to start zoneminder.  You'll see the timezone being sent to the docker.  Then display the docker log and early on in the starting process you'll see the time zone set in zoneminder. 

Okay the forced update showed that the time zone was correct EST (New York) but its still saying a different date and time on the camera feed. I'm curious if the camera is providing the time to the feed somehow? I'm going to see if I can connect to it using the mobile setup app that came with the camera. I'm using SV3C ProHD 1080p - SV-B06POE-1080P-A

Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, purplechris said:

Hi Everyone

I need to get to the /etc/modprobe.d/ directory and create a file called, lets say

card

and in that file i need modprobe saa7134 card=2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2 for my cctv capture card to function

Any ideas, never tried to access or ssh in to a docker.

I just added some notes to the first post on how to use a custom script when the Docker is started.  This would solve your problem and your change would persist when the Docker is updated or re-installed.

Thanks for maintaining this docker dlandon! I plan to get two 720p cameras going initially and then add another 2 higher resolution ones later. I am still doing some testing and I think I much prefer this to running Blue Iris in a VM. 

I had a question about saving recordings. My plan is to run my cameras off an unassigned device drive (3TB) with mocord, I don't see how I can separate motion detected videos, is this possible? My plan was to have a script run every X hours that will rsync the "motion detected" directory to another location. I don't want to sync the entire folder if I am running it in mocord, and I think I would prefer mocord to modetect.

Thoughts?

22 minutes ago, ptirmal said:

Thanks for maintaining this docker dlandon! I plan to get two 720p cameras going initially and then add another 2 higher resolution ones later. I am still doing some testing and I think I much prefer this to running Blue Iris in a VM. 

I had a question about saving recordings. My plan is to run my cameras off an unassigned device drive (3TB) with mocord, I don't see how I can separate motion detected videos, is this possible? My plan was to have a script run every X hours that will rsync the "motion detected" directory to another location. I don't want to sync the entire folder if I am running it in mocord, and I think I would prefer mocord to modetect.

Thoughts?

Why do you want to record videos with mocord?  That will take a lot of storage.  I don't use mocord and cant' offer an answer to your question.  The Zoneminder forum might be your best bet.

13 hours ago, dlandon said:

Why do you want to record videos with mocord?  That will take a lot of storage.  I don't use mocord and cant' offer an answer to your question.  The Zoneminder forum might be your best bet.

I'm still trying to figure out how I want it setup, still in the planning stage. 

I only have one camera hooked up right now as "laundry room," when I go to events I see two folders: "1" and "Laundry room," both have the same events - is this normal? Sorry if this is a Zoneminder question, I am doing my best to search through the documentation.

Edit: Sorry I think it was because I created a zone "1" and it was saving those specific motion detection events in addition to the base ones. Was it actually saving those files twice or were the just symlinked?

Edited by ptirmal
5 minutes ago, ptirmal said:

I'm still trying to figure out how I want it setup, still in the planning stage. 

I only have one camera hooked up right now as "laundry room," when I go to events I see two folders: "1" and "Laundry room," both have the same events - is this normal? Sorry if this is a Zoneminder question, I am doing my best to search through the documentation.

Yes, that's normal.  It's the way Zoneminder works.  One folder is symlinks to the events.

I've updated the Docker and removed insecure access to Zoneminder.  You can now only access Zoneminder with https://IP/zm.  Be sure to change your zmNinja apps for secure access to your Zoneminder server.

Zoneminder version 1.32.3 has been released.  When you update your Docker, version 1.32.2 will be updated to 1.32.3.

Hey,

Thanks for the continued update!

Is there a reason why insecure access was removed? Only, for the most part, these are run on local servers behind firewalls with no external access, and even with external access the extra security (to some) may simply not be of interest depending on the purpose. For me, it's just a pain as I'll have to set up self-signed certs - and to avoid the 6-camera limit I use "hosts" (and a custom camera viewing page) - so it's not even on a single host I'd need to set this up for. Having the option for both would be nice - I'll manually re-open HTTP access for my system but that'll potentially be lost with future upgrades!

Thanks again for your work 🙂 

12 minutes ago, MarkUK said:

Is there a reason why insecure access was removed?

Security.  It's time to move to more secure access.

12 minutes ago, MarkUK said:

Only, for the most part, these are run on local servers behind firewalls with no external access, and even with external access the extra security (to some) may simply not be of interest depending on the purpose.

zmNinja is an example of external access and security is getting more important these days.

13 minutes ago, MarkUK said:

For me, it's just a pain as I'll have to set up self-signed certs

The Docker creates self signed certs for you.

14 minutes ago, MarkUK said:

to avoid the 6-camera limit I use "hosts" (and a custom camera viewing page) - so it's not even on a single host I'd need to set this up for.

I don't understand this.  What limit?

15 minutes ago, MarkUK said:

I'll manually re-open HTTP access for my system but that'll potentially be lost with future upgrades!

Yes, any manual changes will be lost when you upgrade.

Just use https:// instead of http://.  I don't see it as a big deal.

The 6-camera limit is imposed by the browser (when viewing more than 6 cameras; I believe a browser can only run 6 simultaneous streams as a hard limit, ZM themselves are trying to resolve it for their future roadmap) so I just use a hosts file with "zoneminder1", "zoneminder2", etc, pointing to the IP, then a PHP page on another server pulls together links to the ZM preview images, but with the custom hosts for each one. Nicely avoids the 6 camera limit.

Completely agree with security, of course... I suppose for the most part (for my usage), even when using ZMNinja, it's all internal traffic.

Will have to look at the Docker certs shortly, thanks.

Cheers

Edited by MarkUK

Hello, I'm brand new to unRAID and CA. It appears that the script is not able to download the dlandon/zoneminder image. I don't see any blocked entries in my firewall log. What protocols & ports are used to pull the image and from what server?

Add Container

Pulling image: dlandon/zoneminder:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from dlandon/zoneminder.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Zoneminder' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'SHMEM'='50%' -p '8443:443/tcp' -p '9000:9000/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Zoneminder':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Zoneminder/data':'/var/cache/zoneminder':'rw' --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1 'dlandon/zoneminder'
Please wait....

Unable to find image 'dlandon/zoneminder:latest' locally
latest: Pulling from dlandon/zoneminder

Edited by busthead
Clarification
2 hours ago, busthead said:

Hello, I'm brand new to unRAID and CA. It appears that the script is not able to download the dlandon/zoneminder image. I don't see any blocked entries in my firewall log. What protocols & ports are used to pull the image and from what server?

Add Container

Pulling image: dlandon/zoneminder:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from dlandon/zoneminder.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Zoneminder' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'SHMEM'='50%' -p '8443:443/tcp' -p '9000:9000/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Zoneminder':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Zoneminder/data':'/var/cache/zoneminder':'rw' --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1 'dlandon/zoneminder'
Please wait....

Unable to find image 'dlandon/zoneminder:latest' locally
latest: Pulling from dlandon/zoneminder

It works for me.  I suspect your server is not connecting to the Internet.  I don't know how Unraid pulls the images from Docker.

Since the last update I can't reach the webinterface anymore. I tried different configurations. (Bridge/Host...)

I make the call from the Docker, or manually. 

https://10.10.11.4:8443/zm

I can ping the IP successfully

A status query in the console results in the following:

# service zoneminder status
12/18/18 10:39:44.556974 zmpkg[889].INF [main:57] [Command: status]
12/18/18 10:39:44.562528 zmpkg[889].INF [main:305] [Sanity checking States table...]
12/18/18 10:39:44.566693 zmpkg[889].INF [main:97] [Command: status]
ZoneMinder is running

I try a clean new installinig from CA with default settings. Same error :(

What can be the problem?

Edited by BigChris
Try new install
2 hours ago, BigChris said:

Since the last update I can't reach the webinterface anymore. I tried different configurations. (Bridge/Host...)

I make the call from the Docker, or manually. 

https://10.10.11.4:8443/zm

I can ping the IP successfully

A status query in the console results in the following:

# service zoneminder status
12/18/18 10:39:44.556974 zmpkg[889].INF [main:57] [Command: status]
12/18/18 10:39:44.562528 zmpkg[889].INF [main:305] [Sanity checking States table...]
12/18/18 10:39:44.566693 zmpkg[889].INF [main:97] [Command: status]
ZoneMinder is running

I try a clean new installinig from CA with default settings. Same error :(

What can be the problem?

What error do you get?

Show me your port mappings:

671934803_PortMappings.png.5458ecb69c6f7626522c3a193aeefb34.png

• dlandon changed the title to [support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36