[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36

7 minutes ago, Faspina said:

I have tried getting the userscript.sh as stated in your OP to run but I don't think its working .What is weird is I see this in the log

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/999_advanced_script.sh...
Userscript Provided
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 927
Mar 7 09:03:11 cbd80626d0d2 cron[930]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
Mar 7 09:03:11 cbd80626d0d2 cron[930]: (CRON) INFO (Running @reboot jobs)
Mar 7 09:03:11 cbd80626d0d2 zmeventnotification[913]: INF [using config file: /etc/zm/zmeventnotification.ini]
Mar 7 09:03:11 cbd80626d0d2 zmeventnotification[913]: INF [Push enabled via FCM]
Mar 7 09:03:11 cbd80626d0d2 zmeventnotification[913]: INF [MQTT Enabled]
Mar 7 09:03:11 cbd80626d0d2 zmeventnotification[913]: INF [You are running version: 3.2-docker]

I did chmod +x userscript.sh 

have ADVANCED_SCRIPT 1 as a variable in my docker setup

when I drop into the docker console pip is not found. shouldn't it have been installed by the user script below.

#!/bin/sh

# Python modules needed for hook processing
apt-get -y install python-pip
pip install numpy opencv-python imutils configparser Shapely
pip ./setup.py install

# Install for face recognition
pip install face_recognition

If you are looking for support, this is the best place for it.  Posting an issue on github that is really support is not going to get you help any faster, in fact it's rather annoying.

Looks like an issue with the ADVANCED_SCRIPT environment variable.  Get into the docker and run this:

/etc/my_init.d/999_advanced_script.sh

Your user script should run.

If not, then check the environment variable:

echo $ADVANCED_SCRIPT

It should show 1.

If not:

ADVANCED_SCRIPT=1

and try again.

19 minutes ago, dlandon said:

If you are looking for support, this is the best place for it.  Posting an issue on github that is really support is not going to get you help any faster, in fact it's rather annoying.

Looks like an issue with the ADVANCED_SCRIPT environment variable.  Get into the docker and run this:

/etc/my_init.d/999_advanced_script.sh

Your user script should run.

If not, then check the environment variable:

echo $ADVANCED_SCRIPT

It should show 1.

If not:

ADVANCED_SCRIPT=1

and try again.

I think I got it I had several problems.  it was not picking up the script variable. I copied and pasted from here maybe something was wonky,  then they script filed was not saved in a good linux format deleted it and rebuilt in in nano on the host. that seem to work. 

Hi all,

I've had ZM setup for a couple of months now with my four IP cameras (RTSP streams), but only now getting chance to have a play with it properly. Trying to look at events sometimes works, sometimes not (mostly not), I get the error "the video could not be loaded either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported" when trying to view the video.

Also seeing quite a lot of this sort of thing in the logs:

Socket /var/run/zm/zms-962963s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information.

Viewing the live camera feed always works great.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your hard work in making this container and keeping the support going 🙂

13 minutes ago, itfcjim said:

I've had ZM setup for a couple of months now with my four IP cameras (RTSP streams), but only now getting chance to have a play with it properly. Trying to look at events sometimes works, sometimes not (mostly not), I get the error "the video could not be loaded either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported" when trying to view the video.

Is this on a browser?

You might be low on shared memory.  On the Zoneminder UI, check the shared memory (/dev/shm).  You want to shoot for about 50%,

Where do you have the appdata/Zoneminder mapped?

1 minute ago, dlandon said:

Is this on a browser?

You might be low on shared memory.  On the Zoneminder UI, check the shared memory (/dev/shm).  You want to shoot for about 50%,

Where do you have the appdata/Zoneminder mapped?

Hey man, yeah it's on Chrome

Top bar of the UI says /dev/shm: 3%

Appdata is at /mnt/user/appdata/Zoneminder which is setup to use a 500GB SSD cache drive

Thanks for coming back so quickly

1 hour ago, itfcjim said:

OK. Not seeing any errors in the log any more - just this warning every so often:

Buffer overrun at index 0, image 520, slow down capture, speed up analysis or increase ring buffer size

Events still showing the same error :/

Cut down on the shared memory until you get about 50% showing on the Zoneminder UI /dev/shm.

You need to limit the frame rate on your cameras to 5 frames per second.  Then set these settings for each camera:

567099099_ZMCameraSettings.png.1028d3c93828d3abe1616727edf82d41.png

20 FPS might be too much for your situation.  Cut it down to 10 FPS.  Don't fill in the 'Analysis FPS'.  Your camera frame rate controls this.

You can change all these settings later if you want to increase the frame rate.

Hi,

I have just installed this docker as I want to move away from yearly licences and a Windows VM to run Blue Iris.

I have viewed lots of guides and youtube videos to add my Hikvision Cameras but I do not have the rtsp method available from the pull down menu? How do I get around this?

image.png.a437415114b13a4a2a32c4bd997c1cbe.png

3 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,

I have just installed this docker as I want to move away from yearly licences and a Windows VM to run Blue Iris.

I have viewed lots of guides and youtube videos to add my Hikvision Cameras but I do not have the rtsp method available from the pull down menu? How do I get around this?

image.png.a437415114b13a4a2a32c4bd997c1cbe.png

Use TCP.

3 hours ago, mbc0 said:

I have been trying TCP but with no joy, can you see any obvious errors in this line?

rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

That might be right for your cameras,  Mine is rtsp://admin:[email protected].  Be sure you have the 'Source type' set to Ffmpeg.

Check and see if your camera is listed in the 'Presets'.

Look up on Google to see if you can find a Zoneminder setup for your model camera.  You will probably get better help on the Zoneminder forum.

I have a couple issues going on right now with the latest version.  First, I setup a reverse proxy using letsencrypt.  I am able to login through Chrome and the zmninja ios app.  I cannot login through Firefox, Safari, or IE.  I setup my proxy.conf file according to my last post https://forums.unraid.net/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=56632&content_commentid=724628.  I've attached the screenshot I get from Safari and IE, and Firefox say the connection was reset.

The other strange thing going on is I am was able to see my events in Chrome, and now I see a white screen with no controls.  This is a video I was able to see 2 days ago.  When I try to download the video using the video link it says not video found.  Then I click it again, and it shows my download options.  However, when I try to access the video there is no content.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 12.29.35 AM.png

On 3/15/2019 at 1:33 AM, Mlatx said:

I have a couple issues going on right now with the latest version.  First, I setup a reverse proxy using letsencrypt.  I am able to login through Chrome and the zmninja ios app.  I cannot login through Firefox, Safari, or IE.  I setup my proxy.conf file according to my last post https://forums.unraid.net/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=56632&content_commentid=724628.  I've attached the screenshot I get from Safari and IE, and Firefox say the connection was reset.

The other strange thing going on is I am was able to see my events in Chrome, and now I see a white screen with no controls.  This is a video I was able to see 2 days ago.  When I try to download the video using the video link it says not video found.  Then I click it again, and it shows my download options.  However, when I try to access the video there is no content.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 12.29.35 AM.png

It looks like you have an issue with the proxy.

I finally got object detection working on my under powered Unraid server. It actually works pretty good pass the detected:car  message in MQTT as part of the alarm. I have not played with the filitering in objectdetect.ini

I had to make modifications to the userscript.sh in the OP to get it to work. It was missing some components that I discovered dropping into the container and running "bash /user/bin/detect_wrapper.sh  EID MID  where EID is event ID and MID is the monitor ID. 

#!/bin/sh

apt-get -y install python-pip cmake
apt-get -y install libsm6 libxext6 libxrender1 libfontconfig1
pip install numpy opencv-python imutils configparser Shapely future
python setup.py install

17 hours ago, dlandon said:

There may be an issue somewhere.  The thing I don't get is that I can see the events and feeds from zm ninja app, which uses my reverse proxy.  Also I can see the feeds through Chrome but not the events.  Every other browser shows that error.  

3 hours ago, Faspina said:

I finally got object detection working on my under powered Unraid server. It actually works pretty good pass the detected:car  message in MQTT as part of the alarm. I have not played with the filitering in objectdetect.ini

I had to make modifications to the userscript.sh in the OP to get it to work. It was missing some components that I discovered dropping into the container and running "bash /user/bin/detect_wrapper.sh  EID MID  where EID is event ID and MID is the monitor ID. 

#!/bin/sh

apt-get -y install python-pip cmake
apt-get -y install libsm6 libxext6 libxrender1 libfontconfig1
pip install numpy opencv-python imutils configparser Shapely future
python setup.py install

I made the changes to the first post based on your feedback.  I have no time to test this at the moment.

20 hours ago, dlandon said:

I made the changes to the first post based on your feedback.  I have no time to test this at the moment.

It seems to be working well and doesn't require as much CPU as some of the other object detect solutions I have seen with home assistant.   I will be playing with face recognition later. I will keep you posted.  Thanks for putting the  framework in place!!!

On 3/17/2019 at 6:37 PM, dlandon said:

After a bit more research, I figured out my issue.  Chrome seems to resolve the /zm folder.  Whereas other browsers don't.  So when I type zoneminder.mydomain.com in a browser other than Chrome I get the nginx page.  When I type zoneminder.mydomain.com/zm it works.  Is there any way to configure zoneminders so that when I type just zoneminder.mydomain.com it goes to the root folder?

33 minutes ago, Mlatx said:

After a bit more research, I figured out my issue.  Chrome seems to resolve the /zm folder.  Whereas other browsers don't.  So when I type zoneminder.mydomain.com in a browser other than Chrome I get the nginx page.  When I type zoneminder.mydomain.com/zm it works.  Is there any way to configure zoneminders so that when I type just zoneminder.mydomain.com it goes to the root folder?

I don't think so.  Ask on the Zoneminder forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i actually have the following issue.

• today i restarted my server
  • the Zoneminder docker update itself and now it goes in a state where i get the following error:
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec zmwatch[740]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) error val:]
  • and a bit later
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[863]: ERR [undef] [Can't insert log entry: sql(INSERT INTO Logs ( TimeKey, Component, ServerId, Pid, Level, Code, Message, File, Line ) VALUES ( 1553809612.887130, 'undef', 0, 863, -2, 'ERR', 'Can\'t connect to server: Can\'t connect to local MySQL server through socket \'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock\' (111)', 'zm_db.cpp', 55 )) error(MySQL server has gone away)]
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[863]: ERR [undef] [Can't connect to server: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)]
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[863]: ERR [undef] [Can't connect to server: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)]
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[863]: ERR [undef] [Can't insert log entry: sql(INSERT INTO Logs ( TimeKey, Component, ServerId, Pid, Level, Code, Message, File, Line ) VALUES ( 1553809612.887254, 'undef', 0, 863, -2, 'ERR', 'Can\'t run query: MySQL server has gone away', 'zm_config.cpp', 344 )) error(MySQL server has gone away)]
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[863]: ERR [undef] [Can't run query: MySQL server has gone away]
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[864]: ERR [undef] [Can't insert log entry: sql(INSERT INTO Logs ( TimeKey, Component, ServerId, Pid, Level, Code, Message, File, Line ) VALUES ( 1553809612.888397, 'undef', 0, 864, -2, 'ERR', 'Can\'t connect to server: Can\'t connect to local MySQL server through socket \'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock\' (111)', 'zm_db.cpp', 55 )) error(MySQL server has gone away)]
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[864]: ERR [undef] [Can't connect to server: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)]
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[864]: ERR [undef] [Can't connect to server: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)]
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[864]: ERR [undef] [Can't insert log entry: sql(INSERT INTO Logs ( TimeKey, Component, ServerId, Pid, Level, Code, Message, File, Line ) VALUES ( 1553809612.888483, 'undef', 0, 864, -2, 'ERR', 'Can\'t run query: MySQL server has gone away', 'zm_config.cpp', 344 )) error(MySQL server has gone away)]

i already made the hole container new, but here i get the same error...

mfg

Chris

41 minutes ago, cmeyer86 said:

Hello,

i actually have the following issue.

• today i restarted my server
  • the Zoneminder docker update itself and now it goes in a state where i get the following error:

Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec zmwatch[740]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) error val:]
  • and a bit later

Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[863]: ERR [undef] [Can't insert log entry: sql(INSERT INTO Logs ( TimeKey, Component, ServerId, Pid, Level, Code, Message, File, Line ) VALUES ( 1553809612.887130, 'undef', 0, 863, -2, 'ERR', 'Can\'t connect to server: Can\'t connect to local MySQL server through socket \'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock\' (111)', 'zm_db.cpp', 55 )) error(MySQL server has gone away)]
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[863]: ERR [undef] [Can't insert log entry: sql(INSERT INTO Logs ( TimeKey, Component, ServerId, Pid, Level, Code, Message, File, Line ) VALUES ( 1553809612.887254, 'undef', 0, 863, -2, 'ERR', 'Can\'t run query: MySQL server has gone away', 'zm_config.cpp', 344 )) error(MySQL server has gone away)]
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[863]: ERR [undef] [Can't run query: MySQL server has gone away]
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[864]: ERR [undef] [Can't insert log entry: sql(INSERT INTO Logs ( TimeKey, Component, ServerId, Pid, Level, Code, Message, File, Line ) VALUES ( 1553809612.888397, 'undef', 0, 864, -2, 'ERR', 'Can\'t connect to server: Can\'t connect to local MySQL server through socket \'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock\' (111)', 'zm_db.cpp', 55 )) error(MySQL server has gone away)]
Mar 28 22:46:52 e6400d5aeeec undef[864]: ERR [undef] [Can't insert log entry: sql(INSERT INTO Logs ( TimeKey, Component, ServerId, Pid, Level, Code, Message, File, Line ) VALUES ( 1553809612.888483, 'undef', 0, 864, -2, 'ERR', 'Can\'t run query: MySQL server has gone away', 'zm_config.cpp', 344 )) error(MySQL server has gone away)]

i already made the hole container new, but here i get the same error...

mfg

Chris

You have a database issue.  Are you using the built in mysql database or an external database?  Making a new container won't fix the issue.

4 hours ago, falcor said:

Just started using this, and I have my control script in my zoneminder appdata control directory, permissioned well, and it won't seem to copy to the perl area on container startup. Any advice?

Looks to be a problem with the copy.  What is the extension of the control file?  .pm?

• dlandon changed the title to [support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36