[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36

3 hours ago, Sic79 said:

@dlandon: Is there a upgrade plan for version 1.33? Would be nice since there is better support for zmeventserver in that one. I have used that version on another server and it was a nice upgrade.

Thanks for a great docker image

Once Zoneminder 1.33 is stable I will look at upgrading.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I wonder if you can help please. Zoneminder is working beautifully for me, except for the fact that the time is wrong, and I can't see how to address this through the GUI. Am I missing something, or do I need to delve into files somewhere to change the timezone (or ideally get it to sync to my unRAID PC)?

Many thanks.

Edited by ThinkSta
typo
12 hours ago, ThinkSta said:

Hi, I wonder if you can help please. Zoneminder is working beautifully for me, except for the fact that the time is wrong, and I can't see how to address this through the GUI. Am I missing something, or do I need to delve into files somewhere to change the timezone (or ideally get it to sync to my unRAID PC)?

Many thanks.

The time zone is set from your Unraid server when the docker is started.  What time do you see that is off?

• Like 1

So my zm instance was running fine until yesterday when it unexpectedly crashed. Not showing any updates pending but the docker won't restart. In the logs I get:

*** /etc/my_init.d/20_apt_update.sh failed with status 100

The next line is killing all processes and then the docker stopped.

Ideas?

Edited by geekypenguin
28 minutes ago, geekypenguin said:

So my zm instance was running fine until yesterday when it unexpectedly crashed. Not showing any updates pending but the docker won't restart. In the logs I get:

*** /etc/my_init.d/20_apt_update.sh failed with status 100

The next line is killing all processes and then the docker stopped.

Ideas?

The Zoneminder docker is unable to update the OS.  It might be a temporary issue with the update servers.

I have been trying for the past few days to get this docker working. It installs fine, but no matter what I try I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED on the WebUI.

Ideally I would like to run it as br0 with its own IP so there won't be any port conflicts. I am running Unraid 6.7.1-rc2. The last portion of the log shows that MariaDB fails to start, but I don't know why or how I would go about fixing that.

Thank you for any insight!

chrome.PNG

zm.PNG

zm_log.zip

tower-diagnostics-20190615-2201.zip

I have tried setting up the docker several times with no luck. It always fails starting the MariaDB server

Edited by mraneri
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone. 

Zoneminder has stopped working for me all of a sudden and I don't know how to fix it.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

I think the issue started when my array accidentally got completely full. I fixed this, but since then Zoneminder won't start again. I'm getting some kind of mysql error.

I've copied the last part of the log below where I get the errors. Let me know if the full log is needed.

What does these error mean, and how can I fix it?

Thanks!

* Starting MariaDB database server mysqld
...done.
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6626]: Upgrading MySQL tables if necessary.
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6630]: /usr/bin/mysql_upgrade: the '--basedir' option is always ignored
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6630]: Looking for 'mysql' as: /usr/bin/mysql
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6630]: Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: /usr/bin/mysqlcheck
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6630]: This installation of MySQL is already upgraded to 10.0.38-MariaDB, use --force if you still need to run mysql_upgrade
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6637]: Checking for insecure root accounts.
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6641]: Triggering myisam-recover for all MyISAM tables and aria-recover for all Aria tables

Database already at version 1.32.3, update skipped.

Freshening configuration in database
Loading config from DB 223 entries
Saving config to DB 223 entries
* Starting Apache httpd web server apache2

Starting ZoneMinder:
Jul 16 22:59:41 27af73d33320 zmpkg[6712]: INF [Command: start]
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Logger.pm line 590.
Jul 16 22:59:41 27af73d33320 zmpkg[6712]: ERR [Can't execute log entry 'INSERT INTO Logs ( TimeKey, Component, ServerId, Pid, Level, Code, Message, File, Line ) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, NULL )': Lost connection to MySQL server during query]
Jul 16 22:59:41 27af73d33320 zmpkg[6712]: INF [Sanity checking States table...]
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 312.
Jul 16 22:59:41 27af73d33320 zmpkg[6712]: FAT [Can't execute: MySQL server has gone away]
ZoneMinder failed to start

*** /etc/my_init.d/40_firstrun.sh failed with status 255

*** Killing all processes...
Jul 16 22:59:41 27af73d33320 syslog-ng[32]: syslog-ng shutting down; version='3.5.6'
*** Not all processes have exited in time. Forcing them to exit.

Edited by _jonte

Hi

I have been running ZM for ages and decided to try get the hooks going so I can have object notifications and not a whole lot from lighting changes. The steps I have followed are:

I have the notifications running fine.

I edited the zmeventnotification.ini to uncomment hook_script = '/usr/bin/detect_wrapper.sh'

I have then added the hooks and face detection variables as per attached image. 

I then downloaded the hook folder from "https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmeventnotification"

I put this in my /appdata/Zoneminder/hook folder

I edited the general section of objectconfig.ini with my server IP and user name and password

Then rebooted ZM docker hoping it would all fire into life.

So far nothing. Notifications come in but no object identifications

Im guessing there is something simple I have missed?

**Update, I am seeing the error below coming up in the logs

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/detect.py", line 8, in <module>
    import cv2
ImportError: No module named 'cv2'

Tried re running the command - sudo pip install -r /config/hook/requirements.txt

but still no luck

Capture.PNG

Edited by jas0r
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, _jonte said:

Hi everyone. 

Zoneminder has stopped working for me all of a sudden and I don't know how to fix it.

I think the issue started when my array accidentally got completely full. I fixed this, but since then Zoneminder won't start again. I'm getting some kind of mysql error.

I've copied the last part of the log below where I get the errors. Let me know if the full log is needed.

Thanks!

Starting MariaDB database server mysqld
...done.
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6626]: Upgrading MySQL tables if necessary.
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6630]: /usr/bin/mysql_upgrade: the '--basedir' option is always ignored
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6630]: Looking for 'mysql' as: /usr/bin/mysql
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6630]: Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: /usr/bin/mysqlcheck
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6630]: This installation of MySQL is already upgraded to 10.0.38-MariaDB, use --force if you still need to run mysql_upgrade
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6637]: Checking for insecure root accounts.
Jul 16 22:59:31 27af73d33320 /etc/mysql/debian-start[6641]: Triggering myisam-recover for all MyISAM tables and aria-recover for all Aria tables

Database already at version 1.32.3, update skipped.

Starting ZoneMinder:
Jul 16 22:59:41 27af73d33320 zmpkg[6712]: INF [Command: start]
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Logger.pm line 590.
Jul 16 22:59:41 27af73d33320 zmpkg[6712]: ERR [Can't execute log entry 'INSERT INTO Logs ( TimeKey, Component, ServerId, Pid, Level, Code, Message, File, Line ) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, NULL )': Lost connection to MySQL server during query]
Jul 16 22:59:41 27af73d33320 zmpkg[6712]: INF [Sanity checking States table...]
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at /usr/bin/zmpkg.pl line 312.
Jul 16 22:59:41 27af73d33320 zmpkg[6712]: FAT [Can't execute: MySQL server has gone away]
ZoneMinder failed to start

*** /etc/my_init.d/40_firstrun.sh failed with status 255

*** Killing all processes...
Jul 16 22:59:41 27af73d33320 syslog-ng[32]: syslog-ng shutting down; version='3.5.6'
*** Not all processes have exited in time. Forcing them to exit.

16 hours ago, _jonte said:

Sorry for tagging @dlandon but need to get my Zoneminder up and running again. Perhaps you have some idea on what's the issue for me?

Thanks!

Edited by _jonte
On 7/16/2019 at 5:13 PM, _jonte said:

Hi everyone. 

Thanks!

I would suggest the following to see if any of these steps fix your Zoneminder:

- Remove and re-install the Docker.

- Restore your database from a backup.

- Remove the Docker and appdata and start from scratch.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:39 AM, jas0r said:

Hi

I have been running ZM for ages and decided to try get the hooks going so I can have object notifications and not a whole lot from lighting changes. The steps I have followed are:

I edited the zmeventnotification.ini to uncomment hook_script = '/usr/bin/detect_wrapper.sh'

I then downloaded the hook folder from "https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmeventnotification"

I edited the general section of objectconfig.ini with my server IP and user name and password

import cv2

Tried re running the command - sudo pip install -r /config/hook/requirements.txt

but still no luck

Capture.PNG

I can't help with the hook processing.  I don't know anything about how it works.  All I did was follow the instructions from the zmeventnotification GitHub.

41 minutes ago, jas0r said:

So if I follow the instructions from the zmeventnotification GitHub what steps does the hook and face env variable do if any?

I might make a new docker and follow the steps.

Those environment variables tell the docker to load the appropriate drivers.

Edited by dlandon
On 7/17/2019 at 4:39 AM, jas0r said:

Hi

import cv2

but still no luck

Capture.PNG

I'm guessing this is just an issue with mismatching versions. The zmeventnotification hook folder was updated 3 days ago with new dependencies added, namely a new OpenCV version:

opencv_contrib_python>=4.1.0.25

while dlandon's docker installs a different OpenCV version:

opencv-python

I'm guessing the detect.py script you got from the zmeventnotification repo is using something from that new opencv package that's not available.

Although if you tried re-running the requirements.txt in the ZM docker it should have fixed that

On 7/18/2019 at 12:10 PM, dlandon said:

I would suggest the following to see if any of these steps fix your Zoneminder:

- Remove and re-install the Docker.

- Restore your database from a backup.

- Remove the Docker and appdata and start from scratch.

@dlandon

I suppose the easiest would be to start from scratch.

But I would really like to keep/restore all my settings and configurations. How do I do that? I guess I should keep a few selected files/folders in appdata för that?

Hi

I have updated but I am getting the below module error now. I have also installed a new test docker from scratch and has the same error.

File "/usr/bin/detect.py", line 21, in <module>
    import zmes_hook_helpers.utils as utils
  File "/usr/bin/zmes_hook_helpers/utils.py", line 20, in <module>
    from future import standard_library
ImportError: No module named 'future'

58 minutes ago, jas0r said:

Hi

I have updated but I am getting the below module error now. I have also installed a new test docker from scratch and has the same error.

File "/usr/bin/detect.py", line 21, in <module>
    import zmes_hook_helpers.utils as utils
  File "/usr/bin/zmes_hook_helpers/utils.py", line 20, in <module>
    from future import standard_library
ImportError: No module named 'future'

On 7/21/2019 at 1:06 AM, jas0r said:

Hi

Ok the missing link was running the requirements.txt install on pip3 not pip with below command

sudo pip3 install -r /config/hook/requirements.txt

All running smooth thanks

Hi guys,

First let me thank dlandon for his great work, really appreciate your hard work, cheers sir!

Now, running "sudo pip3 install -r /config/hook/requirements.txt" got me closer to a solution, but now, when testing the detect_wrapper with an event I'm getting this: 

Command:

sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/detect_wrapper.sh 1446 5 (testing event 1446 on monitor 5)

Result:
  File "/usr/bin/detect.py", line 206, in <module>
    b, l, c = img.processFilters(b, l, c, match)
AttributeError: module 'zmes_hook_helpers.image_manip' has no attribute 'processFilters'

Has anyone see/deal with this before?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Edited by MaNRo
  • dlandon changed the title to [support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36