[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36

• 3 weeks later...

Someone know why zoneminder create several event directory when begin a new video all under 1MB with the timesize from 2 seconds to sometime 2 hours that is a still image with up to 2 seconds moving image at the end, only the marked directory from the below print screen have the one hour length as I set it, but sometime the video is only 15 minutes, other times is 2 hour, the rest have the same 2 seconds to 2 hour video for each hour under 1MB in size, sometime only artefacts, the directory for that date is full of such kind of event folders, at each good video 10-20 event directory's are under 1MB video.

I disabled detection on Mocord, I enable it and the same result, on other modes is more than a mess, no one can distinguish what is doing :)

The machine is an Intel 7700 with 16GB RAM, storing on a 3TB WD HDD total RAM usage about 31%, the setup is No encoding/pass thru, minimum buffer 3 maximum 20, with decoding for monitoring, cameras setup to output 10FPS's at 1080p h264, 8 cameras + one that is h265AI because has no h264 option pass thru as well.

This issue appeared in about last two updates, I used the same cameras in older versions and no issue like that encountered, only that last several releases after each update the database is corrupted and need a fresh reinstall.

The Unraid version is: 6.9.2 stable

831603183_Screenshot2021-11-28at12_28_36.thumb.png.8ff1227220bc514d76068c02f4a06853.png

Edited by MorgothCreator
  • 4 weeks later...

Zoneminder won’t start today; seeing this in logs: Dec 25 17:56:24 9158f1bee996 zmupdate[17233]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) error val:]
Dec 25 17:56:24 9158f1bee996 zmupdate[17233]: ERR [Error reconnecting to db: errstr:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) error val:]

Using the included database and haven’t made any changes to Zoneminder other than maybe it updated? Any ideas 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I had been using Zoneminder docker with Unraid for quite a while. It was an older version. I upgraded to the recent version, and things stopped working. Is there a way to revert back to an older version of Zoneminder docker? I'd like to revert back for the short term (and debug why things stopped working in the long term). Could someone provide any pointers for reverting back to the old version? 

Also, whenever we upgrade Zoneminder, there was a suggestion to delete Zoneminder appdata and then, reconfigure. Did I understand this right?

Thanks.

Edited by sibi78
Fixed a typo