Shrink Array Procedure with Dual Parity

Running UnRAID 6.3.3

I have been replacing older/slower 2TB drives with new 4TB drives in my backup array and dropping the 2TB drives from the array altogether. Up until recently, I had only been running one parity disk so I never had to deal with this before.

I was looking online to see if there was any existing documentation that mentioned the shrink array procedures for dual parity arrays, but I could not find any concrete information. I found a link in the FAQ that makes it sound like messing with disk assignments and what not becomes a bit more complicated when dual parity is involved. Do all the procedures listed on the Shrink Array wiki work the same if the array has dual parity drives? Or will I have to drop the second parity drive like that FAQ mentions before I start removing disks and reassigning slots?

Edited by weirdcrap

The Shrink array procedure is the same (if you're clearing the disk before removing it), but if any disks change slots parity2 will not be valid anymore and you'll need to re-sync it, so if you're going to re-arrange slots more than once best to drop parity2 during those operations.

Edited by johnnie.black