[support] dlandon - Logitech Media Server

50 minutes ago, Econaut said:

It's very tiny, mostly just use it for the streaming service integrations. I can post a screen again when it bloats but I restarted it as it was too high.

Is the log getting large?

Your issue might be a streaming issue.  Probably best to report it to the LMS developers.

On 6/3/2022 at 1:49 PM, dlandon said:

Is the log getting large?

Your issue might be a streaming issue.  Probably best to report it to the LMS developers.

So here's where it's at now form zero usage since restarting a couple days ago:

1.3%
1.204GiB / 30.82GiB

After restarting it's around 190MB

Logging shows this and timeouts:

[22-06-06 11:51:49.0415] Slim::Networking::Discovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: Connect timed out:
[22-06-06 11:51:21.0983] Slim::Networking::Discovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: Invalid JSON response: [

2 minutes ago, Econaut said:

So here's where it's at now form zero usage since restarting a couple days ago:

1.3%
1.204GiB / 30.82GiB

After restarting it's around 190MB

Logging shows this and timeouts:

[22-06-06 11:51:49.0415] Slim::Networking::Discovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: Connect timed out:
[22-06-06 11:51:21.0983] Slim::Networking::Discovery::Players::_players_error (144) Unable to get players: Invalid JSON response: [

You'll need to report this to the LMS developers.  There's nothing I can do with the docker container to solve this.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

i just installed this via Docker in Unraid

But it wont boot - it loops in that state

-> Edit: After waiting some time and starting again it works now

Error disapeared..

Start Logitech Media Server...
Can't call method "log" on an undefined value at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Log/Log4perl/Appender.pm line 189.
[22-08-28 11:48:42.0287] main::init (377) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.3.0, 1660915910, Fri 19 Aug 2022 04:24:32 PM CEST) perl 5.030000 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
[22-08-28 11:48:44.2911] Slim::Plugin::FullTextSearch::Plugin::_initPopularTerms (587) Fulltext index missing or outdated - re-building
[22-08-28 11:48:44.2914] Slim::Plugin::FullTextSearch::Plugin::_rebuildIndex (475) Starting fulltext index build
[22-08-28 11:48:44.2915] Slim::Plugin::FullTextSearch::Plugin::_rebuildIndex (483) Initialize fulltext table
[22-08-28 11:48:44.2950] Slim::Plugin::FullTextSearch::Plugin::_rebuildIndex (496) Create fulltext index for tracks
[22-08-28 11:48:44.2956] Slim::Plugin::FullTextSearch::Plugin::_rebuildIndex (506) Create fulltext index for albums
[22-08-28 11:48:44.2960] Slim::Plugin::FullTextSearch::Plugin::_rebuildIndex (515) Create fulltext index for contributors
[22-08-28 11:48:44.2975] Slim::Plugin::FullTextSearch::Plugin::_rebuildIndex (525) Create fulltext index for playlists
[22-08-28 11:48:44.2998] Slim::Plugin::FullTextSearch::Plugin::_rebuildIndex (540) Optimize fulltext index
[22-08-28 11:48:44.3014] Slim::Plugin::FullTextSearch::Plugin::_rebuildIndex (555) Fulltext index build done!
Start Logitech Media Server...

Edited by cstrassmair
1 hour ago, cstrassmair said:

Hello,

i just installed this via Docker in Unraid

But it wont boot - it loops in that state

-> Edit: After waiting some time and starting again it works now

Error disapeared..

Seems to be an issue with a new installation of the container.  I haven't seen this with my older setup.  The latest nightly build when I updated the docker container may have an issue.  I'll see if a more recent nightly build will fix it.  Glad you got it working though.

• 2 weeks later...

The webui has overnight become very sluggish, almost un responsive. My Squeezebox Boom constantly buffers when playing music from it, (if it can). I have restarted the docker instance & restarted the server, all to no effect.

I'm running the current version of Unraid on a 10th gen i5 with 32 gigs of RAM.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Peter

31 minutes ago, peterhocking said:

The webui has overnight become very sluggish, almost un responsive. My Squeezebox Boom constantly buffers when playing music from it, (if it can). I have restarted the docker instance & restarted the server, all to no effect.

I'm running the current version of Unraid on a 10th gen i5 with 32 gigs of RAM.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Peter

Switch to the Advanced View on the dockers page, then click 'force update'.  The container may have an issue and this will start with a fresh container.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, turbobob924 said:

My squeezebox server stopped working as well.

It was working fine until I did the most recent upgrade!

What was upgraded?  Works for me.

3 hours ago, turbobob924 said:

I used the advanced mode and force update.

It gets an execution error when trying to start

So how about a screen shot.  Can't offer any help with your description.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
Just wondering, having LMS running on Unraid, and Unraid being on the same network as several Chromecast devices, does LMS for Unraid support the 3rd party plugin LMS-to-Cast ?
I installed the plugin but I don't know what else to do to make it work.... (if it is supposed to work...)

13 minutes ago, xtrips said:

Hello,
Just wondering, having LMS running on Unraid, and Unraid being on the same network as several Chromecast devices, does LMS for Unraid support the 3rd party plugin LMS-to-Cast ?
I installed the plugin but I don't know what else to do to make it work.... (if it is supposed to work...)

Look at this: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104614-Announce-CastBridge-integrate-Chromecast-players-with-LMS-(squeeze2cast)&p=835640&viewfull=1#post835640

Towards the bottom it says the Docker needs to use "Host" network mode.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Hello dlandon,

by any chance can you add the support for the cdplayer plugin?

It's just 3 commands:

1. Install cdda2wav in the container:
    apt-get update && apt-get install icedax

2. Change the cdrom group id to 19:
    groupmod -g 19 cdrom

3. Add the user nobody to the cdrom group:
    adduser nobody cdrom

Thanks anyway.

Cheers

Edited by cyruz

Hello everyone, I was wondering, I tried today group play and while everyone play the same music, there's a delay between each of the player. I tried various combination of different wireless and wired device and it's like in the group, the music is sent to the first then second and on and on.

Something weird even happened at one time. One of the player stop playing, and about 30 sec later, it start playing the next music in the queue. So now, the 2 player are 30 sec delay apart (and the one that was late is now early).

1 hour ago, Nodiaque said:

Hello everyone, I was wondering, I tried today group play and while everyone play the same music, there's a delay between each of the player. I tried various combination of different wireless and wired device and it's like in the group, the music is sent to the first then second and on and on.

Something weird even happened at one time. One of the player stop playing, and about 30 sec later, it start playing the next music in the queue. So now, the 2 player are 30 sec delay apart (and the one that was late is now early).

Are you using Squeezebox hardware? Or raspberry pi (or something else). I've never had a problem syncing Squeezebox hardware, but I've found that raspberry pi would fall out of sync easily.

16 hours ago, cyruz said:

Hello dlandon,

by any chance can you add the support for the cdplayer plugin?

It's just 3 commands:

1. Install cdda2wav in the container:
    apt-get update && apt-get install icedax

2. Change the cdrom group id to 19:
    groupmod -g 19 cdrom

3. Add the user nobody to the cdrom group:
    adduser nobody cdrom

Thanks anyway.

Cheers

I'll take a look.

50 minutes ago, jademonkee said:

Are you using Squeezebox hardware? Or raspberry pi (or something else). I've never had a problem syncing Squeezebox hardware, but I've found that raspberry pi would fall out of sync easily.

I'm using squeezelitex on pc, squeezer on Android and Chromecast to receivers

I think you may only have success keeping players playing in-sync with each other if you use the original Logitech hardware the platform was designed for. The server can monitor their latency and adjust the stream as necessary.

I've never tried streaming to anything other than the original Squeezebox hardware, and I dabbled with using a raspberry pi with a DAC (using Squeezelite), but stopped using it when I realised the sync issues.

You can pick up old ones off eBay for not much.

I bought a few of the display-less Squeezebox "Receiver" (same as the "Duet" but without the very outdated WiFi remote) and now use a raspberry pi running Squeezelite as the display and controller (no need for a DAC: it can control any player in your system).

But, YMMV: I may be wrong in these assertions (the sync issues I had were in the milliseconds range).