[support] dlandon - Logitech Media Server

6 hours ago, jademonkee said:

I think you may only have success keeping players playing in-sync with each other if you use the original Logitech hardware the platform was designed for. The server can monitor their latency and adjust the stream as necessary.

I've never tried streaming to anything other than the original Squeezebox hardware, and I dabbled with using a raspberry pi with a DAC (using Squeezelite), but stopped using it when I realised the sync issues.

You can pick up old ones off eBay for not much.

I bought a few of the display-less Squeezebox "Receiver" (same as the "Duet" but without the very outdated WiFi remote) and now use a raspberry pi running Squeezelite as the display and controller (no need for a DAC: it can control any player in your system).

But, YMMV: I may be wrong in these assertions (the sync issues I had were in the milliseconds range).

Oh, that's not cool. I know it's kind of old tech for lms. I'll resume my search for a music server like lms, search was unsuccessful before. 

7 hours ago, Nodiaque said:

Oh, that's not cool. I know it's kind of old tech for lms. I'll resume my search for a music server like lms, search was unsuccessful before. 

If you're looking for a new streaming server, try Plex. They've been working hard on making PlexAmp (their app for streaming music) a joy to use. It's actually amazing.

Here's a good feature overview:

One thing they've added since that video, though, is "guest DJ" mode, which inserts relevant tracks between tracks on an album or playlist. It works really well, and is a joy to experience.

Highly recommended!

So I updated the container today and it is failing to boot. Attaching the log below.

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/05_set_the_time.sh...
Setting the timezone to : America/New_York

Current default time zone: 'America/New_York'
Local time is now: Sun Nov 13 17:59:49 EST 2022.
Universal Time is now: Sun Nov 13 22:59:49 UTC 2022.

Date: Sun Nov 13 17:59:49 EST 2022
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init...
syslog-ng: Error setting capabilities, capability management disabled; error='Operation not permitted'

[2022-11-13T17:59:49.440067] file ../../../glib/gthread-posix.c: line 1339 (g_system_thread_new): error 'Operation not permitted' during 'pthread_create'

/etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init: line 32: 33 Trace/breakpoint trap /usr/sbin/syslog-ng --pidfile "$PIDFILE" -F $SYSLOGNG_OPTS
*** /etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init failed with status 1

*** Killing all processes...

On 11/13/2022 at 5:00 PM, Syco54645 said:

So I updated the container today and it is failing to boot. Attaching the log below.

Current default time zone: 'America/New_York'
Local time is now: Sun Nov 13 17:59:49 EST 2022.
Universal Time is now: Sun Nov 13 22:59:49 UTC 2022.

Date: Sun Nov 13 17:59:49 EST 2022
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init...
syslog-ng: Error setting capabilities, capability management disabled; error='Operation not permitted'

[2022-11-13T17:59:49.440067] file ../../../glib/gthread-posix.c: line 1339 (g_system_thread_new): error 'Operation not permitted' during 'pthread_create'

/etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init: line 32: 33 Trace/breakpoint trap /usr/sbin/syslog-ng --pidfile "$PIDFILE" -F $SYSLOGNG_OPTS
*** /etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init failed with status 1

*** Killing all processes...

I'm not seeing it. but try this:

- switch to advanced view.

- click on force update.

•  
On 11/13/2022 at 4:22 AM, jademonkee said:

If you're looking for a new streaming server, try Plex. They've been working hard on making PlexAmp (their app for streaming music) a joy to use. It's actually amazing.

Here's a good feature overview:

One thing they've added since that video, though, is "guest DJ" mode, which inserts relevant tracks between tracks on an album or playlist. It works really well, and is a joy to experience.

Highly recommended!

Only problem is that it transcodes everything.

Are you certain than plex does not transcode flac or other lossless to lossy even though it may be on "make my cpu hurt" setting ?

6 hours ago, herculepirate said:

Only problem is that it transcodes everything.

Are you certain than plex does not transcode flac or other lossless to lossy even though it may be on "make my cpu hurt" setting ?

Yeah, can confirm. It's set at the player not the server level. So in the PlexAmp app, under Settings > Music Quality set both WiFi and Cellular (assuming you have a good data plan) to maximum, and it'll send every track in its native format.

On 11/15/2022 at 2:26 PM, dlandon said:

I'm not seeing it. but try this:

- switch to advanced view.

- click on force update.

•  

I'm seeing same issue, even after forcing an update 10 minutes ago.

Is there a way to rollback to a previous version (I don't need new functionality)

On 11/20/2022 at 2:41 PM, JDGJr said:

I'm seeing same issue, even after forcing an update 10 minutes ago.

Is there a way to rollback to a previous version (I don't need new functionality)

My issue was resolved by upgrading from 6.8.3 to 6.11.5 and uninstalling and reinstalling docker image

• 1 month later...

Hi @dlandon

I have installed the docker image, and for whatever reason im not able to access the GUI nor find the server through a controller app.
I checked if there were any conflicts with other docker allocations which i found (Twonky Server) : 
- I changed the ports for Twonky (LMS still doesn't load GUI)
- I changed the ports on LMS ((LMS still doesn't load GUI))
- I completely removed Twonky, and checked all my allocation, no other docker uses 3483 nor 9000 nor 9090 (LMS still doesn't load GUI)
- I used : Host / Bridge / Customer network (LMS still doesn't load GUI)

attached are logs after i started the container.

Anything else i should be looking at to make it work ?

Thanks

Edit 1 : the docker forces a specific TZ which is different from where im based, could that create the issue ? 

LMS Logs.txt

Edited by Yagami
46 minutes ago, trurl said:

post docker run

Here it is : 

docker run
  -d
  --name='LogitechMediaServer'
  --net='bridge'
  -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Multiverse"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="LogitechMediaServer"
  -e 'PUID'='99'
  -e 'PGID'='100'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:9000]/'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://github.com/dlandon/docker.templates/raw/master/logitechmediaserver.png'
  -p '9000:9000/tcp'
  -p '3483:3483/tcp'
  -p '3483:3483/udp'
  -p '9090:9090/tcp'
  -v '/mnt/user/classical music/':'/music':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/LogitechMediaServer':'/config':'rw'
  --log-opt max-size=50m
  --log-opt max-file=1 'dlandon/logitechmediaserver'

25a9f2bebff38fa026048b9e2019f0147358c9f492ed4992c422ba74e7e70910

The command finished successfully!

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Use all the default values.  Don't change anything.  Once you get access to the GUI working, you can make changes.

Thanks.

My issue is that i'm not able to get to the GUI, i'm using all default values of the container, When i click on "WebUi" button on the container the page doesn't load.

FYI i have a 20ish dockers working, and im pretty decent at managing basic stuff, i checked all allocations and no other docker uses the 9000 nor the 9090.

If you can think of anything i should troubleshoot i would be thankful, otherwise i guess no chance to get this container to work.

Thanks again for your time.