[support] dlandon - Logitech Media Server

On 1/13/2020 at 9:26 AM, jademonkee said:

LMS' integration with streaming services is about what you'd expect for decades old abandonware (well, "community run") - that is to say, everything feels hacked together. If you use ANY streaming service with any frequency, you'll probably end up preferring the Sonos (or end up buying a stack of Chromecasts/airplay devices, as I did).

So, after recently getting back on the Spotify bandwagon, I installed the 'Spotty' Spotify plugin (after upgrading to v8, but that's unrelated), and even without the 'Online Music Library Integration' (which I actually later disabled, as my Spotify account is too messy to invite into my neat home library), Spotify support in LMS is actually really good!

The last time I used the Spotify plugin, it didn't support appearing as a player in the Spotify app, which is a total drag - but now it does! Better yet, it also adds an 'On Spotify' album to every artist, which makes it a total breeze to play or enqueue a new album by an artist you already have in your collection. 

You can also browse your Spotify library through the plugin (without having to integrate it into your existing library/playlists), so it feels like a total solution. So much so that I now have no interest in the 'Online music library integration' that made me upgrade to v8 in the first place.

I just love how LMS keeps on being amazing, even though it's been officially deprecated for a decade (or more?) now!

• 4 weeks later...

I installed this docker and when I try to use http://tower:9000, I get a sign in screen, asking for a mysqueezebox.com email and password, which I do not have.  Is this normal?

For me, I keep using LMS, because I can select what genres to play.  So, I can have a bunch of Christmas music, but uncheck this in random play, and never hear a Christmas song.  With other systems, this is difficult to do.  In fact, I went from LMS to Sonos, but went back to LMS, because I want to play random play of all my songs...but not, say, Christmas or Children's. I couldn't find an easy way to do that on Sonos.

1 hour ago, ctviggen said:

I installed this docker and when I try to use http://tower:9000, I get a sign in screen, asking for a mysqueezebox.com email and password, which I do not have.  Is this normal?

For me, I keep using LMS, because I can select what genres to play.  So, I can have a bunch of Christmas music, but uncheck this in random play, and never hear a Christmas song.  With other systems, this is difficult to do.  In fact, I went from LMS to Sonos, but went back to LMS, because I want to play random play of all my songs...but not, say, Christmas or Children's. I couldn't find an easy way to do that on Sonos.

mysqueezebox.com is optional.  Just ignore the login.

I don't know if this question is meant to be here, but I don't know where else to go.

I am using this docker image since today and I'm trying to hook up the cdrom drive with the CDplayer plugin.

After setting it up and adding the squeezeboxserver user to the group cdrom and installing cdda2wav that shows the cdrom and also the content of the cd that is currently in the drive.

However LMS is still throwing me this error below and I don't really know what user I should add to what group or who I should give permission to what to make this error go away.

[20-04-04 16:12:35.8152] Plugins::CDplayer::CDhandler::cdromstatus (1134) Cannot open device: /dev/sr0 error:Permission denied (13)

• 2 weeks later...

What permissions do I need on the playlists directory?

I've created some playlists but they are not stored where I believe they should be, in fact I can't find them at all! Any ideas where they could be? They must be persisted somewhere on disk as they survive a reboot...

EDIT

I checked here appdata/LogitechMediaServer/Playlist and found nothing... Weird.

Edited by johnieutah
  • 1 month later...
On 4/17/2020 at 1:40 PM, johnieutah said:

What permissions do I need on the playlists directory?

I've created some playlists but they are not stored where I believe they should be, in fact I can't find them at all! Any ideas where they could be? They must be persisted somewhere on disk as they survive a reboot...

EDIT

I checked here appdata/LogitechMediaServer/Playlist and found nothing... Weird.

Any ideas here anyone?? This is driving me slightly crazy... the playlists are definitely persisted, but I have no idea where. They’re not in the specified playlist directory that I’ve set up, and they’re not in the docker appdata...

3 hours ago, johnieutah said:

Any ideas here anyone?? This is driving me slightly crazy... the playlists are definitely persisted, but I have no idea where. They’re not in the specified playlist directory that I’ve set up, and they’re not in the docker appdata...

Playlists are at appdata/LogitechMediaServer/playlists.  The docker creates the folder if it is not available when it is started.

Edited by dlandon

Be sure you have set the correct folder in settings:

Playlists.png.d2702eedfb3cab8efa029854b15f4777.png

10 hours ago, dlandon said:

Playlists are at appdata/LogitechMediaServer/playlists.  The docker creates the folder if it is not available when it is started.

Thanks. Yes I have read the instructions you provided but thought I could just over ride this and point to my playlists folder which sits along side my music folder, e.g.

/Music/Lossless

/Music/Playlists

So what you're saying is that I have to point the LMS config to the appdata/LMS/playlists folder now?

I am still unclear where all these playlists have been saved though. I have created god knows how many temporary playlists and done a wildcard name search from the command line, zip, nada. Can't find a single one of them 😞

Cheers.

18 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Can your LMS docker see "Music"?  My install has a container path of "music"

Sure I have no issues playing music. LMS used to work fine with the Playlists folder, and like I said I can still create and edit playlists, however I have no idea where they are saved as checking the server.log, LMS reports it doesn't have permissions to write to the specified playlist folder. BUT it is saving the playlist somewhere. Weird.

8 minutes ago, johnieutah said:

Sure I have no issues playing music. LMS used to work fine with the Playlists folder, and like I said I can still create and edit playlists, however I have no idea where they are saved as checking the server.log, LMS reports it doesn't have permissions to write to the specified playlist folder. BUT it is saving the playlist somewhere. Weird.

I was asking if your docker has a path mapped to "Music" (upper case M).  That is, confirming that your playlists folder is definitely pointing to the same place as your media library.

9 hours ago, Cessquill said:

I was asking if your docker has a path mapped to "Music" (upper case M).  That is, confirming that your playlists folder is definitely pointing to the same place as your media library.

Yes that is correct. Obviously something is up here as checking the logs I see:

[20-05-24 22:04:19.6121] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::_filehandleFromNameOrString (87) Error: Could't open /music/Playlists/elbowTest6.m3u for writing.

But the playlist is created and saved ready for the next time I start the server.

Edited by johnieutah
18 hours ago, trurl said:

Any application path that doesn't correspond to a mapped host path is inside the docker image.

Thanks. Is there a way to browse that or validate it somehow?

Back on to the main issue here, but why is my playlists folder not working? I've tried changing the LMS settings to point to /config/playlists and that didn't work either... however I did not restart the docker for this change admittedly before testing.

Ideas? Thanks!

Thanks. Is there a way to browse that or validate it somehow?

Back on to the main issue here, but why is my playlists folder not working? I've tried changing the LMS settings to point to /config/playlists and that didn't work either... however I did not restart the docker for this change admittedly before testing.

Ideas? Thanks!

Go into LMS settgings and you can browse the /config/playlists folder.  You can browse to the appdata/LogitechMediaServer/playlists folder and check the contents.

On 5/27/2020 at 11:45 PM, dlandon said:

Go into LMS settgings and you can browse the /config/playlists folder.  You can browse to the appdata/LogitechMediaServer/playlists folder and check the contents.

Thanks it all seems to be working perfectly now and I have moved all playlists over from the old location. I did have to do a full rescan of the library as rescanning only playlists ended up with everything being duplicated.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any reason running this docker with a network type of Custom br0 (so I can set it to a specific IP different than my Unraid host) wouldn't get access to the internet?  If I use that setting everything works fine internally, but the docker has no internet access.  I can stream media already on my network to my devices on my network, but if I try to add (or stream) a podcast, get lyrics from a plugin, etc, it just times-out.

This is what my log file sees on bootup when I set it to Custom: br0:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/20_apt_update.sh...
Performing updates...
Err:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease
Could not connect to archive.ubuntu.com:80 (2001:67c:1360:8001::24). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Could not connect to archive.ubuntu.com:80 (2001:67c:1562::15). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Could not connect to archive.ubuntu.com:80 (2001:67c:1562::18). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Could not connect to archive.ubuntu.com:80 (2001:67c:1360:8001::23). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Could not connect to archive.ubuntu.com:80 (91.189.88.142). - connect (113: No route to host) Could not connect to archive.ubuntu.com:80 (91.189.88.152). - connect (113: No route to host)

No other device on my network has trouble accessing the internet, but I also have no other dockers set to Custom: br0 so perhaps I just overlooked something?

Any ideas?

After further digging, my network is using a static IP address, and while I have all the other data correctly populated (gateway, etc) - the Docker IPv4 custom network interface br0 indicates that Gateway is null/blank.  The only way I can get this to populate on the Docker settings page is by changing the Network IP address to Automatic instead of Static.

Very odd.

Once it's automatic, the Docker Settings br0 interface then has Gateway correctly filled in and the LMS docket has full access to the internet.

On 4/4/2020 at 11:44 AM, dlandon said:

mysqueezebox.com is optional.  Just ignore the login.

If anyone gets to this point and cannot figure this out, there's a TINY button (on my screen, anyway) on the lower right-hand corner of the screen that says "skip".  I did not see it there are multiple tries.  Finally saw it.

• 2 months later...

I've been using this docker for a long time now. I have a bunch of different players. I'm not sure what's changed - maybe a new version of this docker - but all of a sudden my squeezebox radios started disconnecting from my server after about 5 minutes. It seems to only happen with this particular device and only with WiFi. The devices won't reconnect unless I reboot them, and then they connect for about five minutes and stop. I've installed the version checking patch, but that didn't help (maybe I did it wrong?)

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Any clues as to what might be going on? If anyone is willing to help me, I will dig my logs out next time I have access and share them.

6 hours ago, joebot said:

I've been using this docker for a long time now. I have a bunch of different players. I'm not sure what's changed - maybe a new version of this docker - but all of a sudden my squeezebox radios started disconnecting from my server after about 5 minutes. It seems to only happen with this particular device and only with WiFi. The devices won't reconnect unless I reboot them, and then they connect for about five minutes and stop. I've installed the version checking patch, but that didn't help (maybe I did it wrong?)

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Any clues as to what might be going on? If anyone is willing to help me, I will dig my logs out next time I have access and share them.

Sounds like a network issue.  Have you made any changes to your router lately?

On 9/11/2020 at 4:59 AM, dlandon said:

Sounds like a network issue.  Have you made any changes to your router lately?

No not lately. We recently let Microsoft's time server through pihole... But that's about it. The thing is that our two Logitech Touches and (the one player that is headless but comes with a remote - I forget the name) work just fine. It's only our two Logitech Radios that stop connecting. They will connect just fine for about five minutes after reboot, but then they disconnect. It's making me crazy! I've been trying to get them to work for three weeks now...