[support] dlandon - Logitech Media Server

11 minutes ago, AlexNathan345 said:

Hi @dlandon,

Could you please update LMS in the container to the latest version by any chance? Ever since the update to v8.0 my TIDAL integration stopped working and I believe there are some fixes for this in later builds.

Thanks a lot, Alex.

I *thought* that restarting this container updated it automatically

On 11/8/2020 at 10:09 PM, dlandon said:

My music is all .wma and plays fine on my Transporter.  How are you playing the music?

I switched to you version of the docker and i still have the same problem... i've got a bunch of .wma that can be played only after manually placing an ffmpeg executable in /sbin. Would you consider adding it?

From LMS logs:

[20-12-01 19:05:04.5006] Plugins::PlayWMA::Plugin::initPlugin (58) ffmpeg not found with findbin

Some details about one of such files:

Codec: Windows Media Audio 9.2
Duration: 3:40.774
Bitrate: 128.016 kbps
File Size: 3,574,276
WM Version: 12.0.7601.17514
Seekable: Yes
Stridable: No
Broadcast: No
Protected: No
Trusted: No
Contains: Audio

Edited by blurp76
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

LMS has been running for years on my Unraid. Suddenly today it is down. Checked on the Unraid console itself, says it is running. Webui is dead. Restart, reboot, didn't help.
I uninstalled this version, then I installed the version available, the one saying 8.0 in her label, deleting all the remainder on my server. Clean slate.
Same exact problem.
Console says LMS runs. Webui is dead. LMS is not available at port 9000 as it should be.

Uninstalled again and came back to this version. Still no luck.

What is going on?????

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this docker, dlandon, I've been using it since release.  Any chance for an update to the 8.1.x branch?  TIDAL is no longer working in 8.0.x (and I believe that Deezer Hi Fi also requires 8.1.x).

Please note that due to higher security requirements streaming TIDAL content now requires the use Logitech Media Server v8.1.0 or later. Please visit https://www.mysqueezebox.com/download to get the latest version.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Start Logitech Media Server...

Can't call method "log" on an undefined value at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Log/Log4perl/Appender.pm line 189.
[21-07-15 16:30:04.7760] main::init (389) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.1.2, 1622353561, Sun May 30 09:01:38 CEST 2021) perl 5.030000 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
[21-07-15 16:30:04.8331] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (377) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[21-07-15 16:30:04.8406] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2171) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[21-07-15 16:30:04.8628] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (377) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[21-07-15 16:30:04.8647] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2171) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!

I'm very new to LMS and trying to set this up for the first time, but my logs are full of this and I can't access the webui. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, majbom said:

Hey there :)

Thanks for this great docker 👍

I've just noticed that my server.log is 165 GB (!).

Isn't there som rotation on this file?

If you're talking about the container log, you can control log rotation on the Settings->Docker settings page.  Turn on Advanced view, stop Docker, the enable log rotation.  You can also set the size of the logs and the number of logs to maintain.

I may have found a problem;

I have these

[21-08-20 14:43:22.1482] main:: ([undef]) Warning: [14:43:22.1481] EV: error in callback (ignoring): Cannot write to '/config/logs/server.log': at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Log/Log4perl/Appender/File.pm line 241.
[21-08-20 14:43:22.1482] main:: ([undef]) Warning: (in cleanup) Cannot write to '/config/logs/server.log': at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Log/Log4perl/Appender/File.pm line 241.
[21-08-20 14:43:22.1488] main:: ([undef]) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Error in tempfile() using /config/cache/tmp/XXXXXXXXXX: Parent directory (/config/cache/tmp/) is not writable

for every 8th millisecond 😬

4 hours ago, majbom said:

I may have found a problem;

I have these

[21-08-20 14:43:22.1482] main:: ([undef]) Warning: [14:43:22.1481] EV: error in callback (ignoring): Cannot write to '/config/logs/server.log': at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Log/Log4perl/Appender/File.pm line 241.
[21-08-20 14:43:22.1482] main:: ([undef]) Warning: (in cleanup) Cannot write to '/config/logs/server.log': at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Log/Log4perl/Appender/File.pm line 241.
[21-08-20 14:43:22.1488] main:: ([undef]) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Error in tempfile() using /config/cache/tmp/XXXXXXXXXX: Parent directory (/config/cache/tmp/) is not writable

for every 8th millisecond 😬

Edit the container template and click the 'Show more settings'. Confirm that the mapping makes sense for the config folder.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 4:09 PM, dlandon said:

That's a LMS log, and not the container log.  Probably best to get support from the LMS developers.

One last question:

I found out that the unwritable directory (/config/cache/tmp/) had "root" assigned as both user and group. So I tried to uninstall the container, wiped the directory in appdata and installed the docker again. But it's still the same.

Isn't that wrong? And is it in the container or the LMS the error exists?

Thanks

Anyone here have any idea how to get this container to support AAC / M4A files?

I added some to my library, but they don't even appear in the library after a scan, let alone allow me to play them. Any idea how to get them working?

I don't know how to access the files mentioned here: https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/AAC.html

And don't know if FAAD2 is installed or not (nor how to install it).

Thanks all!