[support] dlandon - Logitech Media Server

3 hours ago, dlandon said:

You're Docker image is set to 125GB. 

An overly large docker image is typically a sign that the user was trying to fix a problem with their docker image filling up. Of course, this is not the way to fix that problem if you have it. Docker image filling up is usually because some docker application is not configured correctly and it is writing to a path that isn't mapped to Unraid storage.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone who really needed more than 20G if they were doing it right. Most don't ever use 10G.

When you delete and recreate docker image at a more reasonable size, it is a very simple matter to add your dockers back exactly as before with all the same settings. Just use the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page.

On 12/2/2018 at 10:16 PM, dlandon said:

If it were me, I would remove the Docker, delete the appdata/LogitechMediaServer folder and start over.  Once it was acting normally, I would add your media and keep an eye on it.

EDIT: Be sure to use the template defaults.

Well, deleting the docker and its settings seems to have solved it.  Appdata's storage has gone down from 11GB to 183MB, and it scans without a memory catastrophe.  Will keep an eye on it.

Took a while to figure how to use the template defaults.  Using "previous apps" in CA automatically selects your previous template, and there's no way to revert.  Had to search for it in CA and install it that way.

Thanks for your time - now to try and replicate the myriad of settings...

• 2 months later...

I'm kinda stumped right now.

In attempting to bring my Squeezebox Booms back into service I installed this Docker on my Unraid server.  Everything went swimmingly at first; using the template defaults with the exception of changing the WebUI port mapping (9000 already in use) and specifying my Music path (using a public share at the typical location like /mnt/user/<sharename>/Music/Archive/).  I can access the webui and have it scan my music library successfully.

The problem comes when I actually try to play anything back on the Squeezebox Boom (I also tried SqueezePlayer on an Android phone).  There is no sound and on the player display, the time never progresses.  On the webui, the time does progress but when it gets to ~3 seconds remaining it loops back to ~8 seconds remaining and it does that in a loop, never progressing to the next track.

My initial thought was that it's a permissions problem.  But the directories/files at the above path are nobody:users and 777 and, as stated above, can be scanned by LMS correctly.  Viewing the container logs doesn't reveal much, only seemingly unrelated errors and the odd warning about missing files in playlists or a malformed id3 tag in my library:

[19-02-10 14:56:38.8050] Slim::Display::Lib::Fonts::__ANON__ (85) Warning: Unable to load TrueType font support: Can't locate loadable object for module Font::FreeType in @INC (@INC contains: /config/cache/InstalledPlugins /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22.1/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22.1/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22 /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/lib /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN /usr/share/squeezeboxserver /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN /usr/share/squeezeboxserver /usr/sbin /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.22 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22 /usr/share/perl/5.22 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base .) at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Display/Lib/Fonts.pm line 84.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Display/Lib/Fonts.pm line 84.

Setting up systemd (229-4ubuntu21.16) ...
addgroup: The group `systemd-journal' already exists as a system group. Exiting.
Operation failed: No such file or directory

Any thoughts on what could be wrong?  Fwiw, I tested using an old Windows 10 install on another physical machine on the same network with its own local music library and the Booms were able to playback from there fine.

I should also add that I have Plex Media Server on the same Unraid box pointing to the same share/path and the music plays back okay on the Plex app.

Edited by jm9843
57 minutes ago, jm9843 said:

I'm kinda stumped right now.

In attempting to bring my Squeezebox Booms back into service I installed this Docker on my Unraid server.  Everything went swimmingly at first; using the template defaults with the exception of changing the WebUI port mapping (9000 already in use) and specifying my Music path (using a public share at the typical location like /mnt/user/<sharename>/Music/Archive/).  I can access the webui and have it scan my music library successfully.

The problem comes when I actually try to play anything back on the Squeezebox Boom (I also tried SqueezePlayer on an Android phone).  There is no sound and on the player display, the time never progresses.  On the webui, the time does progress but when it gets to ~3 seconds remaining it loops back to ~8 seconds remaining and it does that in a loop, never progressing to the next track.

My initial thought was that it's a permissions problem.  But the directories/files at the above path are nobody:users and 777 and, as stated above, can be scanned by LMS correctly.  Viewing the container logs doesn't reveal much, only seemingly unrelated errors and the odd warning about missing files in playlists or a malformed id3 tag in my library:

[19-02-10 14:56:38.8050] Slim::Display::Lib::Fonts::__ANON__ (85) Warning: Unable to load TrueType font support: Can't locate loadable object for module Font::FreeType in @INC (@INC contains: /config/cache/InstalledPlugins /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22.1/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22.1/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/arch/5.22 /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/lib /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN /usr/share/squeezeboxserver /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN /usr/share/squeezeboxserver /usr/sbin /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.22 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22 /usr/share/perl/5.22 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base .) at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Display/Lib/Fonts.pm line 84.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Display/Lib/Fonts.pm line 84.

Setting up systemd (229-4ubuntu21.16) ...
addgroup: The group `systemd-journal' already exists as a system group. Exiting.
Operation failed: No such file or directory

Any thoughts on what could be wrong?  Fwiw, I tested using an old Windows 10 install on another physical machine on the same network with its own local music library and the Booms were able to playback from there fine.

I should also add that I have Plex Media Server on the same Unraid box pointing to the same share/path and the music plays back okay on the Plex app.

I don't think it's your shares.  I think it's your port mapping.  Remove the port conflict for a test and install LMS with the defaults and see if it works.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, dlandon said:

I don't think it's your shares.  I think it's your port mapping.  Remove the port conflict for a test and install LMS with the defaults and see if it works.

Your suspicion is correct.  After a bit of digging I stopped the other container using port 9000 (it doesn't expose this thru a port mapping as it uses Host network), changed LMS back to the default port, and it played on the Boom right away.

Is this something that can be "fixed" on the LMS docker file or is the solution to reserve 9000 for LMS?  If it's the latter, having the port mapping as part of the template can be error prone.  In any event, thanks for the suggestion.

25 minutes ago, jm9843 said:

Your suspicion is correct.  After a bit of digging I stopped the other container using port 9000 (it doesn't expose this thru a port mapping as it uses Host network), changed LMS back to the default port, and it played on the Boom right away.

Is this something that can be "fixed" on the LMS docker file or is the solution to reserve 9000 for LMS?  If it's the latter, having the port mapping as part of the template can be error prone.  In any event, thanks for the suggestion.

The 9000 port change you made is for the WebUI and is only part of the change needed to remap LMS.  I am not an expert at this because I use the default port setup, but there is also a 'Web Server Port Number' in LMS settings that is set to 9000 which I believe is the port the players use to stream the music.  I think this is in conflict with your other 9000 port.  You could remap this, but then the Docker xml would have to be edited to let your new port pass through to LMS.  You'd probably have to set the LMS Docker to a static IP address and change the network type to 'Host' to open up all the ports to LMS.

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, MothyTim said:

Hi, I'm trying to get the Airplay Bridge plugin to work! Has anyone had any success? It seems to be installed and running but LMS can't see any players!

I have used the plugin successfully. You need to put the docker image in to Bridge mode I believe... then the players will show up when you do the scan on the settings page for the plugin.

• 1 month later...

Hello, just installed this docker and the log dumps this right after installation was complete. It keeps dumping it every few seconds and have no access to server or anything yet since it never actually started:

Start Logitech Media Server...
Can't call method "log" on an undefined value at /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Log/Log4perl/Appender.pm line 189.
[19-06-04 22:40:57.0311] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1555406898, Tue Apr 16 11:48:46 CEST 2019) perl 5.022001 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
[19-06-04 22:40:57.1204] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-06-04 22:40:57.1308] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-06-04 22:40:57.1844] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-06-04 22:40:57.1948] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-06-04 22:40:57.3892] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-06-04 22:40:57.4000] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!

It's been doing this for about 10 minutes, so didn't think it was still creating a db or anything. All settings in the docker template used were default.

Ok nevermind. Restarting the docker seems to have fixed it. Hopes this helps if anyone else gets this error.

Edited by djvj
  • 3 weeks later...

A while ago I posted this to the Snoopy repo thread, but received no response. 

I received a notification via 'Fix Common Problems' that the Snoopy image is no longer being maintained, but this one is, so I swapped over a few days ago. 

Anyway, I thought I'd ask the same question here: 

Has anyone here had luck getting the YouTube plugin to work on Logitech Media Server?

I have successfully authorised it to my YouTube account, but I just can't get it to find any videos let alone play them. 

I note on the plugin page that it states:

"Note that SSL is required, but on some Linux installation, a few libraries are missing. If the plugin does not work, open a command line and run: "sudo apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl""

Could this be the problem? 

If so, is it possible, dlandon, to include those dependencies in the next update (or is it possible for me to add them myself?)? 

Many thanks. 

(original post for reference):

• 1 month later...

I have succesfully installed the LMS docker and it works great, however when playing music from the server to a client (using Squeezelite-X on Windows 10) the server randomly stops playing in the middel of a song for about 5 seconds before continuing. It happens with multiple song on different occassions, server log shows nothing. Currently happens every few minutes and is really annoying. When listening to a live stream (TuneIn for example) this problem does not occur. Tried other clients which all had the same problem so it seems to be on the server side. 

Anyone had this problem? Or might know the solution?

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Marbles_00 said:

Anyone else get a new look to the server?  Don't personally like it, is there a way of changing it back to how it was?

This is my server view now:

LMSwebview.thumb.png.0d0759a9f5f7c6a56b8373cb4d76daec.png

That looks like the classic skin - The Squeezebox interface from before Logitech got involved.

From memory, settings, interface, web interface, select one of the others (default?).

Not sure what the heck is going on.  The Default skin is even worse.  Then there is a "Light" skin that, well, I won't even discuss.  I've tried removing/deleting the docker files and starting over again.  I've tried the different LMS dockers, but still getting that awful view.

Edited by Marbles_00
Corrections
  • 3 weeks later...