Xeoma - Surveillance Software

7 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

I cant seem to get it to work.

The Xeoma folder on appdata remains read only regardless of what I do.

It says the permissions have been changed by each time I try to copy the tgz file to my SMB appadata share it says permission denied.

Try copying it to a different share from your computer. Then copy it to the Xeoma downloads folder in appdata at the command line. You'll have to rename it and set ownership at the command line, anyway.

Are you familiar with the UNIX/Linux command line?

7 minutes ago, ksignorini said:

Try copying it to a different share from your computer. Then copy it to the Xeoma downloads folder in appdata at the command line. You'll have to rename it and set ownership at the command line, anyway.

Are you familiar with the UNIX/Linux command line?

this is how I did it:

1. Using your windows machine, copy the renamed xeoma install file to an accessible user share on your unraid server e.g. \\tower\downloads

2. Assuming you have Unraid 6.4.x, hit the "Terminal" button in the webgui

3. type "mc" for midnight commander

4. On the left go to user share e.g., /mnt/user/downloads

5. on the right go to /mnt/cache/appdata or /mnt/user/appdata depending on your setup

6. use MC menu system to select and copy the file over

12 hours ago, Microryan said:

this is how I did it:

1. Using your windows machine, copy the renamed xeoma install file to an accessible user share on your unraid server e.g. \\tower\downloads

2. Assuming you have Unraid 6.4.x, hit the "Terminal" button in the webgui

3. type "mc" for midnight commander

4. On the left go to user share e.g., /mnt/user/downloads

5. on the right go to /mnt/cache/appdata or /mnt/user/appdata depending on your setup

6. use MC menu system to select and copy the file over

That worked. Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've installed the docker and was having issues getting it to install and run with 'latest/latest_beta' specified in the config file. Based on other responses I've seen, I changed the version to '17.8.31' and it installed fine. I then updated the config file to version '17.11.24' and this installed fine. But once I try to move past this version it failes. Has anyone been able to succesffully use the latest version of this software with this docker?

[Apr 07 11:13:20 AM] Processing config file
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/40_install_xeoma.sh...
[Apr 07 11:13:20 AM] Using Xeoma version 17.8.31 (a user-specified version)

[Apr 07 11:13:20 AM] Deleting files in /config/downloads to reclaim space...
Deleting /config/downloads/xeoma_*.tgz
[Apr 07 11:13:20 AM] Downloading from http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/downloads/xeoma_previous_versions/?get=xeoma_linux64_17.8.31.tgz into /config/downloads
[Apr 07 11:13:25 AM] Downloaded /config/downloads/xeoma_17.8.31.tgz...
[Apr 07 11:13:25 AM] Installing Xeoma from /config/downloads/xeoma_17.8.31.tgz
[Apr 07 11:13:25 AM] Installation complete
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/50_configure_xeoma.sh...
[Apr 07 11:13:25 AM] Setting the password

Password set successfull
[Apr 07 11:13:25 AM] Downloaded /config/downloads/xeoma_17.8.31.tgz...
[Apr 07 11:13:25 AM] Installing Xeoma from /config/downloads/xeoma_17.8.31.tgz
[Apr 07 11:13:25 AM] Installation complete
[Apr 07 11:13:25 AM] Setting the password

Password set successfull
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 66
[Apr 07 11:13:25 AM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.
Apr 7 11:13:26 585d08292200 syslog-ng[73]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Apr 07 11:24:20 AM] Processing config file
[Apr 07 11:24:20 AM] Using Xeoma version 17.11.24 (a user-specified version)

[Apr 07 11:24:20 AM] Deleting files in /config/downloads to reclaim space...
Deleting /config/downloads/xeoma_*.tgz
[Apr 07 11:24:20 AM] Downloading from http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/downloads/xeoma_previous_versions/?get=xeoma_linux64_17.11.24.tgz into /config/downloads
[Apr 07 11:24:25 AM] Downloaded /config/downloads/xeoma_17.11.24.tgz...
[Apr 07 11:24:25 AM] Skipping installation because the currently installed version is the correct one

[Apr 07 11:24:25 AM] Setting the password

Password set successfull
*** Runit started as PID 61
[Apr 07 11:24:25 AM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.
Apr 7 11:24:26 585d08292200 syslog-ng[68]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Apr 07 11:16:08 AM] Processing config file
[Apr 07 11:16:08 AM] Using Xeoma version 18.2.2 (a user-specified version)

[Apr 07 11:16:08 AM] Deleting files in /config/downloads to reclaim space...
Deleting /config/downloads/xeoma_17.11.24.tgz
[Apr 07 11:16:08 AM] Downloading from http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/downloads/xeoma_previous_versions/?get=xeoma_linux64_18.2.2.tgz into /config/downloads
[Apr 07 11:16:09 AM] ERROR: Could not download from http://felenasoft.com/xeoma/downloads/xeoma_previous_versions/?get=xeoma_linux64_18.2.2.tgz

md5sum: /config/downloads/xeoma_18.2.2.tgz: No such file or directory
[Apr 07 11:16:09 AM] Installing Xeoma from /config/downloads/xeoma_18.2.2.tgz
tar (child): /config/downloads/xeoma_18.2.2.tgz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now

tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

*** /etc/my_init.d/40_install_xeoma.sh failed with status 2

*** Killing all processes...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I have started having a problem with Xeoma again. Previous I had the issue with the container stopping all the time due to the failed download as reported by ksignorini on March 23. I was able to resolve the issue however now every time the Xeoma client starts it says the server is the wrong version. At the moment Xeoma keeps asking for version 18.2.2.

I have updated to the 18.4.5 beta however it keeps saying that to connect to the server I need version 18.2.2

I cant seem to find the 18.2.2 client version on Xeoma's website.

On 3/22/2018 at 12:44 PM, ksignorini said:

Hi everyone. Xeoma died on me. I shut it down, started it back up, and now it won't work (and it was working great before that!)

Yeah, it looks like the website switched from http to https. (That's why downloading it manually and saving it as the .tar.gz worked.) I just pushed an update that hopefully will fix it. However, I'm still having trouble getting my container to start. I'll work on it before I have to catch a plane.

Let me know if the latest version fixes the "stable" and "beta" download methods, please. Be sure to delete the contents of the downloads folder and update your conf before trying it though. Otherwise it will use the cached .tar.gz

Hi 

I also posted this on github. however after i updated to latest Xeoma my docker images from coppit does not work any more it keeps looping and never starts.

when i start my container it keeps looping this message:

[Apr 23 10:47:12 PM] Processing config file
[Apr 23 10:47:15 PM] Using Xeoma version 18.4.5 (the latest beta version)
[Apr 23 10:47:15 PM] Downloaded file /config/downloads/xeoma_18.4.5.tgz already exists. Skipping download
[Apr 23 10:47:15 PM] Skipping installation because the currently installed version is the correct one
[Apr 23 10:47:15 PM] Setting the password

Password set successfull
*** Runit started as PID 59
[Apr 23 10:47:15 PM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.
Apr 23 22:47:16 f700389c1b33 syslog-ng[68]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'
Core: Starting ...
Core: Starting services ...
[Apr 23 10:47:23 PM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.
[Apr 23 10:47:30 PM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.
[Apr 23 10:47:39 PM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.
[Apr 23 10:47:46 PM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.

and if i check the log file i get the following which is also looping 

22:41:36.644  Add user 'Administrator'
22:41:37.911  Start log
22:41:44.167  Add user 'Administrator'
22:41:45.599  Start log
22:41:51.954  Add user 'Administrator'
22:41:59.768  Start log
22:42:06.021  Add user 'Administrator'

any suggestions ?. 

regards

On 23/04/2018 at 1:56 AM, coppit said:

Yeah, it looks like the website switched from http to https. (That's why downloading it manually and saving it as the .tar.gz worked.) I just pushed an update that hopefully will fix it. However, I'm still having trouble getting my container to start. I'll work on it before I have to catch a plane.

Let me know if the latest version fixes the "stable" and "beta" download methods, please. Be sure to delete the contents of the downloads folder and update your conf before trying it though. Otherwise it will use the cached .tar.gz

I didnt get a container update.

Also what would I edit in the xeoma.conf?  The version? To make it the same as the client? I tried that and it the container keeps stopping with seconds of starting.

On 24/4/2018 at 10:11 PM, Ephreal said:

Hi 

I also posted this on github. however after i updated to latest Xeoma my docker images from coppit does not work any more it keeps looping and never starts.

[Apr 23 10:47:12 PM] Processing config file
[Apr 23 10:47:15 PM] Using Xeoma version 18.4.5 (the latest beta version)
[Apr 23 10:47:15 PM] Downloaded file /config/downloads/xeoma_18.4.5.tgz already exists. Skipping download
[Apr 23 10:47:15 PM] Skipping installation because the currently installed version is the correct one
[Apr 23 10:47:15 PM] Setting the password

Password set successfull
*** Runit started as PID 59
[Apr 23 10:47:15 PM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.
Apr 23 22:47:16 f700389c1b33 syslog-ng[68]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'
[Apr 23 10:47:23 PM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.
[Apr 23 10:47:30 PM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.
[Apr 23 10:47:39 PM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.
[Apr 23 10:47:46 PM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.

and if i check the log file i get the following which is also looping 

22:41:36.644  Add user 'Administrator'
22:41:37.911  Start log
22:41:44.167  Add user 'Administrator'
22:41:45.599  Start log
22:41:51.954  Add user 'Administrator'
22:41:59.768  Start log
22:42:06.021  Add user 'Administrator'

any suggestions ?. 

regards

Seems the problem is gone again with the latest update. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2018 at 10:09 AM, thestickhughes said:

the docker shutdown and refused to start back up.

They changed the format of the webpage that I was using to get the latest version information. Good news though... I did some sleuthing into how Xeoma itself learns about new versions, and found the XML endpoint where they publish the information. With that knowledge, I rewrote the code to use that endpoint, which should be a lot more reliable going forward.

As a bonus, I also exposed port 10090, so if you want to add the web server feature to your camera workflows, you can access Xeoma through the web browser as well. See https://felenasoft.com/xeoma/en/articles/transmitter/ for more details.

On 4/24/2018 at 4:11 PM, Ephreal said:

On 4/26/2018 at 8:45 AM, Ephreal said:

Seems the problem is gone again with the latest update. 

I saw this too. After I rewrote the download code, it went away. Not sure if I really fixed it or not. I'll try to keep an eye on this thread in case anyone sees it again.

im lost in what to do, I've installed the docker and changed the password in the config file, but theres no webui or anything.

Here are the logs.

[May 07 08:34:11 AM] Starting the server in 5 seconds. See the log directory in your config directory for server logs.
May 7 08:34:11 TOWER syslog-ng[46]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'

May 7 09:17:01 TOWER CRON[135]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
May 7 09:17:01 TOWER CRON[134]: (CRON) info (No MTA installed, discarding output)
May 7 10:17:01 TOWER CRON[152]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
May 7 10:17:01 TOWER CRON[151]: (CRON) info (No MTA installed, discarding output)
May 7 11:17:01 TOWER CRON[293]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
May 7 11:17:02 TOWER CRON[292]: (CRON) info (No MTA installed, discarding output)

Edited by fortegs

Hi All,

I tried Zoneminder, but I cannot get it to email alarms for some reason.  It does register them, but it's useless without actually getting them.  So I thought I'd try Zeoma.  I'm able to start the server and connect with the trial client license on my Mac.  I get it configured for motion detection and to archive and send emails.  The email test works.  But Xeoma is not detecting motion.  I've sent a message to them.  Has anyone else had an issue with this?

Mark

I have tried to set the version in xeoma.conf to 17.11.24, the same as my client application however the container will still not remain active.

The log is reporting:

*** Killing all processes...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/30_default_config_file.sh...
[May 14 03:03:27 PM] Processing config file
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/40_install_xeoma.py...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/etc/my_init.d/40_install_xeoma.py", line 198, in <module>
version_number, download_url, alternate_download_url = resolve_download_info()
File "/etc/my_init.d/40_install_xeoma.py", line 100, in resolve_download_info
version_number, download_url = version, VERSION_DOWNLOAD_URL.format(version_number)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'version_number' referenced before assignment
*** /etc/my_init.d/40_install_xeoma.py failed with status 1

Trouble is unless you keep watvching the docker containers who dont know that it is no longer working. I dont run the client unless I want to view the camera feeds. Most of the time I just record to a file server. With the docker container crashing its only when I check on the footage that I notice it has not been recording. This can be days.

On 5/14/2018 at 1:05 AM, darrenyorston said:

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'version_number' referenced before assignment

Sorry. That was a goof on my part. I just pushed a fix. As soon as the container rebuilds on the hub, you'll have the fix.

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to use USB cameras (or in my case, UVC capture device) with this docker?  I realized after getting it installed, that I don't know if unRAID has UVC drivers installed - so not sure if I can actually get video into the Xeoma docker.  If not, I may have to go with a windows VM (not the preferred method, I'm sure) to host my server.

Whoa. My SageTV and UNRAID worlds are colliding!

To be honest, I'm not very familiar with USB devices and docker. This post seems to suggest that you can pass the devices through. The container is based on Ubuntu, so you could try getting into it with "docker exec -it xeoma bash" and installing USB drivers there. Heck, maybe it will "just work" without any special drivers, being "universal" and all. If that works, I could see about including those drivers in the container.

But to be honest, USB cameras are not that great. I would get HikVision cameras, which are affordable, have good features, and support power-over-ethernet. Then maybe get some powerline adapters to provide PoE and also networking over your power outlets. Something like this and this.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I found a bug in the container that causes the recordings to be saved inside the container, instead of to the attached disk volume. I'll release a fix soon.

You must run the following command before updating your container, or your videos will be lost!

docker exec -it Xeoma bash -c 'cd /usr/local/Xeoma/XeomaArchive; for n in *;do mv "$n"/* "/archive/$n";done'

I'll wait about a day before releasing the fix, in case anyone has auto-update configured for their docker containers.

Edited by coppit
Fix command