Not able to access web gui

Max

So guys, today i was trying to build my own unraid server but I'm facing some issues with it.

First it is showing that long list of that waiting for dev disk label "UNRAID" thingy and then I'm stuck with this screen.

I have tried two different pendrives, both are giving me same issue.

So if anyone know how to fix this then please help me.

IMG_20170417_173216.jpg

That screen is perfectly normal.  Normally you access the GUI via a browser (go to http://tower or http//192.168.0.16).  To access via the local monitor, you have to boot into GUI mode (option on the boot menu)

9 minutes ago, Max said:

First it is showing that long list of that waiting for dev disk label "UNRAID" thingy

After you get to the GUI then we'll address that....

5 minutes ago, Max said:

Yup i can ping it.

weird. 

What does ifconfig say? 

The only time I've been unable to get to the gui is when my array wouldnt start, but yours shouldnt be on since its a new install, either way you can check your flash drive (config/disk.cfg) and changing startArray="yes" to "no".

also check 

cat /var/log/syslog

Yeah I'm using that fat32 format and label is Unraid, I'm 100% sure of this.

As for the pendrives i don't think they can be the one behind this wired stuff cause couple ofdays back i tried it with these pen drives and at that time it ran perfectly fine.

And just an hour i also tried these usb's with freenas as well. So this why i don't think my pen drives can be the one behind this

18 minutes ago, Addy said:

weird. 

What does ifconfig say? 

The only time I've been unable to get to the gui is when my array wouldnt start, but yours shouldnt be on since its a new install, either way you can check your flash drive (config/disk.cfg) and changing startArray="yes" to "no".

also check 

cat /var/log/syslog

Their you go everything in pics.

IMG_20170417_185016.jpg

IMG_20170417_184537.jpg

IMG_20170417_184346.jpg

3 hours ago, Max said:

First it is showing that long list of that waiting for dev disk label "UNRAID" thingy and then I'm stuck with this screen.

If it can't find the flash drive to load the config files and the go script, it will never load the webGUI.

1 hour ago, Max said:

Already tried that too.

Just now?

@jonathanm @bonienl  @Addy @Squid

Guess what guys it turns to be a one hell of usb pen drive issue. earlier i was trying it with both Kingsston DataTraveler 4gb and 8gb one and then i also tried Transcend 16GB pendrive both of them were giving me that same issue, just now i it tried with another jetflash trasncend 16gb pendrive and luckily with one it worked in one go. So no more waiting for that Label UNRAID thingy and now i can access the web gui all good.

I really didn't knew that unraid is so picky about usb pendrives.

BTW Thanks for everything.

;)

Archived