benyanke

Feature Idea: Grouping Docker containers into groups/apps.

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have an idea for better managing docker containers: groups or applications. Many times, a frontend app has multiple components, such as an app server and a database instance. If they could be grouped together, and perhaps even restarted together, it would clean up the interface.

But docker-compose is not in unraid. There are already old threads asking for this

Docker compose support would be a huge bonus for unRaid.  But, there are some workarounds...  One would be the docker autostart manager which will start / restart the containers in the order which you specify, and optionally either wait a set delay before starting the next one, or wait for a local or remote port to be available prior to continuing)

• Upvote 1

I found this thread searching for just this feature. I'm looking for simple grouping, keep those containers that run all the time (searchers, and servers) separate from the use-once-shut-down-containers that are more like applications, (Editors, info and explorers)

• Upvote 1

Discussion here as well

Docker Compose would be a nice feature, but if Unraid is not going that way i would vote for "Grouping functionality" in the docker web interface.