[6.3.3] RAM Problem

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

I had the same problem, out of memory errors after running the mover, from what I've read they are quite common with kernels 4.8 and 4.9, apparently fixed on kernel 4.10, but unRAID is still on 4.9.

Since then I decreased my RAM cache and so far no more OOM errors, you could try the same, manually or using the Tips and Tweaks plugin.

Values to change are vm.dirty_background_ratio and vm.dirty_ratio, default is 10 and 20, I set mine to 1 and 2, this also helped other users with same issue, so worth a try.

12 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

I had the same problem, out of memory errors after running the mover, from what I've read they are quite common with kernels 4.8 and 4.9, apparently fixed on kernel 4.10, but unRAID is still on 4.9.

Since then I decreased my RAM cache and so far no more OOM errors, you could try the same, manually or using the Tips and Tweaks plugin.

Values to change are vm.dirty_background_ratio and vm.dirty_ratio, default is 10 and 20, I set mine to 1 and 2, this also helped other users with same issue, so worth a try.

ok thanks

12 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

done I going to force the mover and see that is doing the same

Just now, limetech said:

Something else to try is the SwapFile plugin available via Community Apps.

In 6.4 we got rid of using 'rsync' to move files, so this should result in lowering memory pressure.

I trie to use but I never can put it working :-(

• 1 month later...