Lime-Technology Shutdown?

oxi

For the past few days none of my emails to Lime-Technology has been answered.

Further all products have been out of stock for quite a while.

Is Lime-Technology going to reopen their sales soon or are they closing down or are they preparing a new product launch?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Religious observances aside (try ordering a camera from any of the large camera dealers in NY this time of year), different school districts and colleges have their spring break around this time, some before and some after the holiday, and many families travel at that time while school is out... many small/family business will close for a week since the whole staff is on vacation.

I was really interested in buying a unRaid server but as stated here in other posts all emails went unanswered for the last week and a half and there is no product available.  It seems that product has been unavailable for months now and I am sure there is significant pent up demand.

I only wish to use the server to store copies of movies that I own (I have all of the discs) so I can sell the &$%#^$% slow Sony changers and get someting fast.  I am nervous about having "Real" RAID with data all over the discs. Any advice on configuring a home brew is appreciated I have spent about a week studying UnRaid, Raid, Cards, cables, controllers; and need to take a break.

I am very nervous about doing business with a company that is not present to answer email and/or talk on the phone.  I do hope it is a holiday season issue..

I believe so, it is a holiday period, where 'humans' need rest. Tom and the guys at Lime Tech can't be working every day of the year. I'm sure if you were asked to do the same, you'd provide a colourful answer on what you thought on that. Even larger businesses rest on these periods too. I'd wait a few days more to allow them to meet with the flood of emails that they would of received during their rest and I'm certain they'll get back to you this week. Like you said, it's given you time to soak up the knowledge to learn and understand unraid a little better. Patience is a virtue :).

I was really interested in buying a unRaid server but as stated here in other posts all emails went unanswered for the last week and a half and there is no product available.  It seems that product has been unavailable for months now and I am sure there is significant pent up demand.

I only wish to use the server to store copies of movies that I own (I have all of the discs) so I can sell the &$%#^$% slow Sony changers and get someting fast.  I am nervous about having "Real" RAID with data all over the discs. Any advice on configuring a home brew is appreciated I have spent about a week studying UnRaid, Raid, Cards, cables, controllers; and need to take a break.

I am very nervous about doing business with a company that is not present to answer email and/or talk on the phone.  I do hope it is a holiday season issue..

Realistically Limetech LLC in one guy. Hes a good guy. He is a very smart guy but one guy means thec omapny closes completely sometimes

This is the danger of internet business you can intentionally or unintentionally look bigger than you are. Im prepared to bet that if a message was left saying "Im away on holiday for 2 weeks, people would be happy with that". But there wasnt and this is what happens... people expect larger company like support and responses unless they a re told their not dealing with a larger company.

This is nothing more than managing expectations :)

Dont let this put you off but be realsitic in your expectations

I guess I am not, no I know that I am not, a virtuous person in the sense of "Patience".  An auto reply just stating what the situation was and when he would have been returning probably would have kept me from buying the parts to put together my own server. I could have saved a lot of money using their builds, although I do want a rack mount unit.  Oh well I will start another thread on that subject.

Realistically Limetech LLC in one guy. Hes a good guy. He is a very smart guy but one guy means thec omapny closes completely sometimes

I believe there is more then one good guy. Prior emails mention other people. It may not be as many people as we would like. We'll see what the future brings.

Yeah I had considered that but I came to the conclusion that if it was really more than one guy then people emails would be getting answered. Unless everyone in the company went on holiday at the same time :)

Personally i Have no issues if its one dude or twenty. Ive always had speedy responses.

Almost two weeks have passed and I haven't got any response yet. Has anyone else managed to contact Lime-Technology?

Is this week still a holiday week?

Is any other vendor selling pre-built and unRaid compatible products?

Is there a place to obtain pre-built unRaid products assembled by the community?

I just got a response from Tom, so he is alive and well.

My take is as follows. He is swamped. Ergo he answers emails from customers, not pre sales.  Maybe a little short sighted, but one often forgets when in a swamp filled with 'gators that you are there to drain it.

I got an answer when I bought something.  Maybe just a coincidence. He also indicated he would be out of country next week.

Almost two weeks have passed and I haven't got any response yet. Has anyone else managed to contact Lime-Technology?

Is this week still a holiday week?

Is any other vendor selling pre-built and unRaid compatible products?

Is there a place to obtain pre-built unRaid products assembled by the community?

The community might be able to provide a service that would work.  I would need to send an email off to Tom to see if he objects in any way.

I know there are members here that are more than knowledgeable enough to put together a server for someone.  I would say the more local you can find a person the better.

The only thing you would probably have to do (if you want unRAID plus/pro right away) is purchase a key and then have it shipped to someones house.

If your in or around the state of Ohio send me an email/PM and we might be able to work something out.

EDIT: For any of the other Hero members here send me a email/PM with what you think of something like this.  When I get a chance later tonight I will send an email off to Tom and see what kind of reply I get.  I don't think he will have a huge problem with it but it is always best to ask first as far as I am concerned.

EDIT: For any of the other Hero members here send me a email/PM with what you think of something like this.  When I get a chance later tonight I will send an email off to Tom and see what kind of reply I get.  I don't think he will have a huge problem with it but it is always best to ask first as far as I am concerned.

Hmmm... Maybe limetech could use some remote builders.

I don't think Limetech would have any reasonable objections to somebody building servers.  That would be like objecting to newegg. 

It's a good idea to buy the server from somebody who's within a easy driving distance from you.

That way, should something go wrong, you can always go there and punch him on the nose.

If you're in the Chicago area, send me a PM and I'll set you up.

If it is a server that oxi is concerned about having built or requiring local assistance for advice and server assembly, I would say that a good PC System Builder at a well known Computer Shop in his/her area would be able to build a unraid server to suit oxi's needs.

The parts listed of the servers that Lime tech builds (I would imagine) would be highly available in the US and most Computer Shops which have a large turnover and have a great reputation should be more than able to aquire the components to build this for oxi.

Just a thought. Perhaps even if a 'Suggested Parts List' could be created, which could aide oxi and to see if oxi can source them from a local shop first. If so see if they could build it for the right price too. WeeboTech, purko and prostuff1, would it be fair to make this suggestion, as it might be an easier option for oxi? Unless oxi is happy to pay you guys a visit. Thanks.

I think a "Suggested Parts List" is probably a good thing to come up with.  That way we have at least a little consistency in what we might be building for others.

I think the new section that Rajahal has created in the wiki would be a good baseline to work from.  His budget system is AMD based and i think coming up with one that is based on an intel CPU would be a good idea.  Some people have preferences on brand, no matter if it is relevant.

I guess the above paragraph is what I am looking for input on from the other members who would be willing to build machines.  I think we need to try and "standardize something so that people looking to buy know what they are getting and what it might cost.

P.S. I sent the email off to Tom and will wait to here something back, but I don't think he will have an major objections.

My suggestion for remote builders or "somewhat" certified unraid techs (new buzzword) may help enhance limetech's offerings.

I think the new wiki section on suggested configurations is a good idea.

It provides a consistent baseline to work with.

I went with the X7SEB and AOC-SAT2-MV8's even though it is a little older tech as it is a tried and true, simple, solid setup.

When we get the issue worked out with dual SASLP cards, we can add that to the mix.

I thought the issue with the AOC SASLP-MV8 cards was worked out as of revision 4.5.3.  I am building a system based upon that since Tom has no stock nor a target date.  Initially I will not need that card as I only plan to start with 4 drives on the mobo and will add the other eight to the HBA later

If I were Tom I would have major objections, but that is just me.  Doesn't Tom make money from building and selling complete systems?

I agree with the point, and we do not know how profitable building and selling systems is for Tom.

In the meantime there are public postings about requests for systems.

There is public request for support (Which the forum members happily assist with).

At some point limetech is going to grow where it needs employees, or will need to outsource.

It could be a way to work with limetech advocates.

What better way to recruit assistance, then recruit from those who love the environment.