WD80EZZX vs WD80EFZX

So I know there's a bit of information out there on the WD80EZZX drives, but not nearly as much since it's not a retail drive. I just opened up my last two externals today (brand new WD MyBook 8TB) and got these drives in them instead of the WD Reds that came in the EasyStore's from BestBuy. I'm preclearing those two and also two WD80EFZX drives (Reds) and they appear to be performing the same. I know they have TLER disabled but other than that is there anyone here running these drives? For a significant period of time? Just want to know what everyone here thinks of them compared to the Reds.

Mine have been running for less than a month but they honestly perform just like my Reds. It's possible WD has different manufacturing lines for each model of the same drive but my shooting from the hip guess is they are virtually the same with a different color sticker and slightly different firmware. I would venture to guess the internals are identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, CyberSkulls said:

Mine have been running for less than a month but they honestly perform just like my Reds. It's possible WD has different manufacturing lines for each model of the same drive but my shooting from the hip guess is they are virtually the same with a different color sticker and slightly different firmware. I would venture to guess the internals are identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still preclearing two of each and for some reason both of the WD80EZZX drives are ahead by a good margin. No idea why, but physically they look identical and even the PCD is the same so maybe the only difference is the disabled TLER I hope.