Jump to content
Squid

[Plugin] Disk Speed Test - Deprecated

48 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

INCOMPATIBLE WITH UNRAID 6.3.5+

 

speedtest.png

Disk Speed Test

 

A Plugin acting as a front end to JBartlett's excellent Disk Speed Test Script.  In JBartlett's words from his thread,

 

Quote

This utility will perform read tests at different points on each drive attached to the system (even those not assigned to the UNRAID array) to compute the average speed & generate a graph. Useful if you want to see if you have a drive that's slower than the others and negatively affecting your parity drive speeds. 

 

This plugin supports all of the script's options, and adds in historical records to see how your drives were performing in the past.

 

You can find the Plugin within the Apps tab.  (Search for disk speed).  After installing, you can find the plugin on the Tools tab (System Information section)

 

Untitled.thumb.png.6d615bac25277b777888aff32baad081.png

Edited by Squid

Share this post


Link to post

Tried to install. Appears that I have lost the "add" button after updating community apps.... how odd....

 

5909b72c72721_ScreenShot2017-05-03at6_54_53AM.png.79d74bfb2ad39dbcc9577e96d38d4425.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Tried to install. Appears that I have lost the "add" button after updating community apps.... how odd....
 
5909b72c72721_ScreenShot2017-05-03at6_54_53AM.png.79d74bfb2ad39dbcc9577e96d38d4425.png
 
 

Look at the last few posts in the ca thread

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Squid said:


Look at the last few posts in the ca thread

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
 

 

Not very intuitive, but thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

QUESTION: in the future, could this be updated to run a specified number of disks at the same time? It would be beneficial in attempting to figure out  possible hardware bottlenecks.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 1812 said:

QUESTION: in the future, could this be updated to run a specified number of disks at the same time? It would be beneficial in attempting to figure out  possible hardware bottlenecks.

I believe that @jbartlett has some plans on revamping the script.  This plugin is simply a wrapper for the script (with some modifications to allow it to work in a plugin environment)

Edited by Squid

Share this post


Link to post

Awesome! I've been wondering when this great script would get a plugin.

 

Next stop, tuneables integration :)

Share this post


Link to post

First up I like the app. Very easy to use.

 

Just two questions.

 

I the image supplied can I assume that the N/A highlighted with the first yellow box will be filled with the info from the other drives if I test all drives at once?

 

And second question is what is the red box for highlighted with the second yellow box?

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, JWMutant said:

First up I like the app. Very easy to use.

 

Just two questions.

 

I the image supplied can I assume that the N/A highlighted with the first yellow box will be filled with the info from the other drives if I test all drives at once?

 

And second question is what is the red box for highlighted with the second yellow box?

Untitled.jpg

 

Everything would make sense if you had dynamix set to white.  I'll fix... (As of late, the black theme has been driving me nuts, so I never use it)

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, JWMutant said:

First up I like the app. Very easy to use.

 

Just two questions.

 

I the image supplied can I assume that the N/A highlighted with the first yellow box will be filled with the info from the other drives if I test all drives at once?

 

And second question is what is the red box for highlighted with the second yellow box?

Untitled.jpg

 

And fixed.  Fix however is only going forward.  Previously generated charts won't display properly on a black background

Also changed the historical record to be 24hour format (for proper formatting)

Share this post


Link to post
On 03/05/2017 at 1:09 PM, Squid said:


Look at the last few posts in the ca thread

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
 

Hi mate

 

Can't find it would you mind to share a link

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, mmgarci30 said:

Hi mate

 

Can't find it would you mind to share a link

 

Thank you

The add button within the apps tab is long gone never to return.  Hit help within the apps tab and it should all make sense

Share this post


Link to post

Could be just me but the script is broken on 6.4.0-rc8q. No image at all for a new test run. Neither of my 2 previous show image but the text is visible. The new run text is mangled as it looks like disk detection is busted? First is new latest run. Next, is run from July. No pics for any of them.

 

 

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by interwebtech
added pics

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, interwebtech said:

Could be just me but the script is broken on 6.4.0-rc8q. No image at all for a new test run. Neither of my 2 previous show image but the text is visible. The new run text is mangled as it looks like disk detection is busted? First is new latest run. Next, is run from July. No pics for any of them.

 

Its more than that.  What it appears is that the script by @jbartlett makes extensive use of mdcmd to determine everything (which is now deprecated).  I can't get it to even test and come up with the correct drive being tested by selecting a single drive.

 

The graphs, not quite sure by may be related.  I do know that he is working on a plugin himself that is supposed to be far better than this hack on his rather old original script.

 

What I'm going to do is mark the plugin as being incompatible with everything over 6.4RC7a and wait for the replacement.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I'm going to do the same. Every new UNRAID version seems to break things. It's unwieldy to update it to work with new versions and maintain backward compatibility. The new version I'm working on has minimal reliance on mdcmd and then just to get a list of drive assignments. Still need to see if I can figure out the cache drive assignments without scraping the web GUI for it.

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, jbartlett said:

Yeah, I'm going to do the same. Every new UNRAID version seems to break things. It's unwieldy to update it to work with new versions and maintain backward compatibility. The new version I'm working on has minimal reliance on mdcmd and then just to get a list of drive assignments. Still need to see if I can figure out the cache drive assignments without scraping the web GUI for it.

disk.ini

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

Found this fine app, but can't run it. 
Can someone point me in the direction to give the app more memory? I have 8 GIG installed.

5a09fc954a687_ScreenHunter71.thumb.png.75cc687ff8394726ced3a3445e39d4d6.png

Share this post


Link to post

Try setting fast mode to yes to see if it works. Your graph will be a little bit more jaggy but it'll be pretty much a good reflection.

Share this post


Link to post

I've just searched for 'disk speed' in CA and I@m only getting CA Auto Turbo Write Mode in the results??

Share this post


Link to post
I've just searched for 'disk speed' in CA and I@m only getting CA Auto Turbo Write Mode in the results??
You're probably using 6.4 on which case it won't show as it's incompatible

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/2/2017 at 9:58 PM, Squid said:

A Plugin acting as a front end to JBartlett's excellent Disk Speed Test Script.  In JBartlett's words from his thread,

 

On 11/14/2017 at 8:28 AM, Squid said:

You're probably using 6.4 on which case it won't show as it's incompatible

 

Hi Squid... so I just upgraded to 6.4 and this is what Fix Common Problems is telling me.

Quote

diskspeedtest.plg Not Compatible with unRaid version 6.4.0

The author (or moderators of Community Applications) of the plugin template (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/diskspeedtest/master/plugins/diskspeedtest.plg) has specified that this plugin is incompatible with your version of unRaid (6.4.0). You should uninstall the plugin here: Maximum OS Version: 6.4.0-rc7a

 

Any thoughts?  Many thanks in advance!!

Share this post


Link to post
 
Any thoughts?  Many thanks in advance!!
It doesn't work on 6.4

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Squid said:

It doesn't work on 6.4

 

:( Any plans to make it work, or is it a lost cause?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.