New Application: S. N. A. P.

@queeg,

I originally used the installer method I have now move to the plugin with unRAID 5.13beta.

How do I go about creating hotplugg events. This is my current event.

echo "Running hotPlugAfterShareEvent.sh"

case $SHARENAME in

'Transcend_500GB')

date >> $SNAPLOGDIRECTORY/hotPlugAfterShareEvent.log

cp -uRv /mnt/user/Media/Series/ $MOUNTPOINT/ 2>&1 >> $SNAPLOGDIRECTORY/hotPlugAfterShareEvent.log

;;

esac

The event script file used in the 5.0 version are are no different than the 4.7 ver.  At the moment, to edit the /boot/config/plugins/snap/hotPlugAfterShareEvent.sh file will require either telnet in to the server or using file explorer from a separate computer.  But, since you already have the file the way you want it to be, just copy the existing one from /boot/config/snap to /boot/config/plugins/snap.

At some point I'll make it so those files can be edited in the Events tab somehow.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I need some help... Installed the latest version of SNAP on my 5.0b14 server. Precleared a drive on an auxiliary computer, and moved it into my unraid server. Snap saw the drive, but wouldn't do anything with it. Reading this thread, I figured out that it had to be formatted and/or partitioned, so I installed and ran Unmenu to take care of that. Went back to snap (rebooted several times along the way) and it can see the drive, and I can "name" a share, but when I right click on the drive (after naming a sharepoint), other then popping up a menu, nothing actually gets done. i.e. I can select Mount and share, but then nothing happens.

I did successfully share the drive thru unmenu, but I like that SNAP is built into the main interface, and looks to be a bit easier to use and understand.

Anyway, other info: I'm using a mac with firefox (and safari, and chrome) to use the snap webpages, the disk dropdown menu works but doesn't accomplish anything with any of these browsers. What am I doing incorrectly?

I think I need some help... Installed the latest version of SNAP on my 5.0b14 server. Precleared a drive on an auxiliary computer, and moved it into my unraid server. Snap saw the drive, but wouldn't do anything with it. Reading this thread, I figured out that it had to be formatted and/or partitioned, so I installed and ran Unmenu to take care of that. Went back to snap (rebooted several times along the way) and it can see the drive, and I can "name" a share, but when I right click on the drive (after naming a sharepoint), other then popping up a menu, nothing actually gets done. i.e. I can select Mount and share, but then nothing happens.

I did successfully share the drive thru unmenu, but I like that SNAP is built into the main interface, and looks to be a bit easier to use and understand.

Anyway, other info: I'm using a mac with firefox (and safari, and chrome) to use the snap webpages, the disk dropdown menu works but doesn't accomplish anything with any of these browsers. What am I doing incorrectly?

What version of SNAP did you install?  It does sound like you installed the new SNAP 5.0 beta.

Did you get it from here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=5904.msg162583#msg162583

NOTE:  The new version is now available here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=18046.msg162098#msg162098

The SNAP web ui works in Chrome and Firefox for sure because I use both constantly.  There isn't really a disk dropdown menu so I'm not certain what your referring to.  I've attached some quick snapshots of what will be the next available build.  It's pretty close to what you should see.  I have one non-unraid drive on this test server and it's precleared but not formatted. 

In the pictures, I added a share name to that drive.  But, since it's not formatted yet, the status still shows it as

M:no, S:no, B:no, P:Precleared

or

Mounted: no

Shared: no

Busy: no

Precleared: yes

If you drive is actually formatted and it has a share name then you would be able to right click on the row (with your drive) and choose Mount and Share.  It then would be mounted and shared and the status will change to show that. 

A drive that is precleared is not yet formatted.  If your drive status isn't showing the P: flag then it might be formatted. 

Also, if the drive is part of the unraid array it won't be touched by SNAP in any way.  What is in the Managed By column for that drive?

Untitled.png.0a6c1d705a332f2036f0cd4035d7c5ad.png

Installed snap from 02-06-2012(?) on unraid 5.0b14 (fwiw, also have unMenu and Airvideo installed)

Yes, got it from the link.

Attached are some screenshots. I can see my disks, set up a share name, and right click to show the drop down menu, but nothing in the dropdown menu, for lack of a better term, works. I can click them, then nothing happens. If I leave the snap page, and go back to it, the share name has been forgotten.

What other information can I provide to help figure this out?

drives.png

giveitaname.png

nothinghappens.png

Installed snap from 02-06-2012(?) on unraid 5.0b14 (fwiw, also have unMenu and Airvideo installed)

Yes, got it from the link.

Attached are some screenshots. I can see my disks, set up a share name, and right click to show the drop down menu, but nothing in the dropdown menu, for lack of a better term, works. I can click them, then nothing happens. If I leave the snap page, and go back to it, the share name has been forgotten.

What other information can I provide to help figure this out?

What browser are you using?  Also, get the new version of the plugin.  It has lots of things fixed.

Latest version fixed it.

If I could offer one humble suggestion, you might want to update or remove the links in the previous forum posts, it took me about 15 minutes to track down the link to the absolute latest and greatest version.

Anyway, it's all working great now. Shows up as an SMB share. Is there anyway to enable AFP? Share security settings?

Again, THANK YOU for this wonderful plug-in!

Latest version fixed it.

If I could offer one humble suggestion, you might want to update or remove the links in the previous forum posts, it took me about 15 minutes to track down the link to the absolute latest and greatest version.

Anyway, it's all working great now. Shows up as an SMB share. Is there anyway to enable AFP? Share security settings?

Again, THANK YOU for this wonderful plug-in!

Good suggestion.  I know it gets convoluted trying to find the latest download.  I'm thinking I'll put it on the first post in the SNAP thread. 

I really don't know anything about AFP.  Is it actually supported in unRAID's linux?

One thing I would like to do is get some script code to be put in the aftershare event to create nfs shares. 

Maybe security settings could be applied to the share(s) in the after share event also.

One more suggestion: can you add the ability to add a reiser partition to a pre-cleared drive?

There's something weird about using the SNAP GUI to preclear a new drive, then having to find a way to format it (unmenu), then going back to SNAP to assign a name and share it.

It's on my todo list.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help.

Originally had SNAP working great via command line on unRAID 5.13beta. Updated to the new SNAP beta in order to get the GUI interface (very nice).

I have an internal drive which I share via SNAP for use as a scratch drive, but not part of my array.

On the old version of SNAP after a reboot it would be shared and mounted just fine.

Using the new version, after a reboot it is shared but not mounted. I need to use the interface to mount and then all is well, until the next reboot.

The interface tell me: M:yes, S:yes, B:no, P:null. What does the B denote (Boot???)

Any help appreciated.

Any idea as to why folders within the drive and the share name are deleted upon reboot or shutdown? I'm trying to store sickbeard and sab on a SNAP drive, Yet everytime I reboot it seems to simply delete the folders and files which then gives me a fresh install of every app/plugin I had installed on the drive.

Edit: Ok Now this is just strange. I decided to right click on the shared name and delete it, Which didn't seem to do anything. I actually then went and deleted it from the drive itself within MC. I've rebooted to see what would happen and now all my original old file have magically returned.

What the hell just happened?

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help.

Originally had SNAP working great via command line on unRAID 5.13beta. Updated to the new SNAP beta in order to get the GUI interface (very nice).

I have an internal drive which I share via SNAP for use as a scratch drive, but not part of my array.

On the old version of SNAP after a reboot it would be shared and mounted just fine.

Using the new version, after a reboot it is shared but not mounted. I need to use the interface to mount and then all is well, until the next reboot.

The interface tell me: M:yes, S:yes, B:no, P:null. What does the B denote (Boot???)

Any help appreciated.

I think you are not using the latest version of the plugin.  The status column now has icons instead of the "M:yes, S:yes, B:no, P:null" text.  The icons have tooltips.  The B is for busy status - showing that someone is using a file on the share or even just browsing the share.  You might even be running the early beta of the plugin which wasn't even able to install itself on reboot. 

The current has a version number in the header of the grid.  And a link on the lower right "Check for Update" which can install new versions. 

The picture included below shows the status icons as all black, meaning not mounted, not shared, not busy.  The D icon indicates whether the Drive is spinning or not (black for not spinning).  The icons change color when the status changes. 

This picture shows the status just after I used the menu action (Eject) which sets the drive in a state ready to be removed.

You can get the latest SNAP plugin installer (for unRAID 5.0) here. 

AfterEjectorspindown.jpg

Any idea as to why folders within the drive and the share name are deleted upon reboot or shutdown? I'm trying to store sickbeard and sab on a SNAP drive, Yet everytime I reboot it seems to simply delete the folders and files which then gives me a fresh install of every app/plugin I had installed on the drive.

Edit: Ok Now this is just strange. I decided to right click on the shared name and delete it, Which didn't seem to do anything. I actually then went and deleted it from the drive itself within MC. I've rebooted to see what would happen and now all my original old file have magically returned.

What the hell just happened?

I think you are experiencing the Windows offline caching *feature*.  You will have to disable it on your Windows machine.  As to the fresh install of every app/plugin issue, SNAP doesn't install all those. 

i have also an issue with the latest plugin (v5.08)

Installing was fine but i use Security Settings to prevent my Son browsing through the network.

When i open Windows Network, i see the SNAP-Share but i cant write on it.

Message: Access denied - you need permission - so its "read-only" in windows.

My Question is now, where in the whole snap-files i can set a particular user to access the snap share.

i need only on user to implement.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Zonediver

ok - it seems there is a Bug in it - strange behaviour.

After a reboot of unraid (using 5.0 b14), Snap-Plugin says the disk is mounted and spinning but not shared - why???

Its not visible in Windows 7 - so far so good.

When i rightclick on the snap interface, i cant execute "Mount & Share" - it grey (???)

Also its not possible to delete a share - the point is there but not working.

So there is no way to bring the drive back to work - or i am wrong?

I tried several reboots - always the same - drive is not shared but mounted and spinning - no way to delete the share via the web-GUI

EDIT: I tried to change the rights with chmod and i got the message in the console, that the file-system is "read-only" >> i formated the disk under windows 7

with NTFS

Thanks for your help

Zonediver

I did several reboots - without success - console tell me, filesystem is "read-only" and all the Funktions in the Web-Plugin like "Mount", "Eject" are still not working.

Any other proposals?

Thanks in advance

Zonediver

Is there some reason you chose 5.0b14?  Can you try it on b13 or b12a?  I know that on b14 drives can go red ball after having been spun down for some time.  Got to eliminate something. 

Also, you said you have made changes to the security.  I have to think that has something to do with it so you need to explain what you are doing with it.

Hi queeg,

thanks for your reply - i got it working now.

I found out that there is a problem with the File "ntfs-3g.zip".

This File has no content - dont know why - strange  :o

I fixed the problem with downloading the new "ntfs-3g-2011.1.15-i486-1.txz" and put this to the Folder "extra".

Now after reboot, i can read "and" write to the USB-HDD properly - so the problem is fixed  ;)

Thanks for your help

Zonediver

Hi queeg,

thanks for your reply - i got it working now.

I found out that there is a problem with the File "ntfs-3g.zip".

This File has no content - dont know why - strange  :o

I fixed the problem with downloading the new "ntfs-3g-2011.1.15-i486-1.txz" and put this to the Folder "extra".

Now after reboot, i can read "and" write to the USB-HDD properly - so the problem is fixed  ;)

Thanks for your help

Zonediver

Doh!  I've not used an ntfs drive yet on the new SNAP version so I'll check into the zip file and get it into the next build.

Just done the same as above because i also couldnt write to the USB drive, i can now, i am using MC to copy acrross the USB and it is estimating just under 3 hours at an average speed of 15mbs, is this respectable ? the files are pictures and home videos. Ideally i wanted to be able to shut down the pc and let it carry on the process of copying over but if i shut down the MC session copying stops...is it possible to copy files with the need of a pc switched on once transfer is invoked ??

Just done the same as above because i also couldnt write to the USB drive, i can now, i am using MC to copy acrross the USB and it is estimating just under 3 hours at an average speed of 15mbs, is this respectable ? the files are pictures and home videos. Ideally i wanted to be able to shut down the pc and let it carry on the process of copying over but if i shut down the MC session copying stops...is it possible to copy files with the need of a pc switched on once transfer is invoked ??

Seems slow to me. 

Running disconnected:

You are probably telneting in to your machine.  You can start up a screen session by typing screen at the command prompt.  Then start up your copy process and it will be running in the screen session which will continue running after you disconnect the telnet session.  I install screen for SNAP 5.0+ so it is available.

hmmm...didnt stop to think screen had other uses than preclearing drives, ill have a delve around, MC is easy to use though for a early learner like myself...as for S.N.A.P, i dont think it will do what i require of it...im really looking for something i can use that will utilise my external drive as an incremental backup medium...i had this with my QNAP, i selected folders i wished to backup and a backup would be made, the next time i backed up only newer files would be backed and/or any changes..is this something that can be implemented in snap or is there a dedicated package to do this ?