New Application: S. N. A. P.

~ stands for the home directory. for the user root it is /root

so, if you type "cd /root" or "cd ~" you get to the same directory

Ah, thanks. So then what I still don't quite understand is if I'm in the root directory (root@Tower:~#) and I type cd.. I get the command prompt root@Tower:/# this is the same thing as root@Tower:~# because you can't go up any directories past the root level?

No.  They are different, "/" is not the same as "/root". If you are logged in as root, then "~" is the same as "/root". So, "/" is not "/root".

You were in "/root" (which is the same as "~" for user 'root'), then did a "cd ..", so you're then in "/".

The "/" is the root filesystem.

The "/root" is the home directory for user 'root'.

Most unix shells allow for "~" to be an abbreviation for the home directory for the current user.

Do not confuse root filesystem for root home directory.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

~ stands for the home directory. for the user root it is /root

so, if you type "cd /root" or "cd ~" you get to the same directory

Ah, thanks. So then what I still don't quite understand is if I'm in the root directory (root@Tower:~#) and I type cd.. I get the command prompt root@Tower:/# this is the same thing as root@Tower:~# because you can't go up any directories past the root level?

No.  They are different, "/" is not the same as "/root". If you are logged in as root, then "~" is the same as "/root". So, "/" is not "/root".

You were in "/root" (which is the same as "~" for user 'root'), then did a "cd ..", so you're then in "/".

The "/" is the root filesystem.

The "/root" is the home directory for user 'root'.

Most unix shells allow for "~" to be an abbreviation for the home directory for the current user.

Do not confuse root filesystem for root home directory.

Ok that helps to explain things. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm about to release a new version 0.47 of SNAP.  I need a beta tester if anyone would volunteer it would be very helpful.  

I've automated the installation and that is what needs testing mostly.  Attached to this posting is a zip file with two scripts that need to be placed into the /boot/unmenu folder.  They will add two new buttons on the unmenu User Script page.  

Check for SNAP Updates

Install SNAP uPDATES

The Check button downloads a tarball from google.code of SNAP 0.47 beta which gets extracted to /tmp/snap folder.  Included is snap-install.sh.          

After the Check button download, the Install button will appear (I had to do an F5 refresh on the page to get it to appear).  

The Install button runs the /tmp/snap/snap-install.sh.  It may take a system restart before all parts will be writing to the new log location - I'm just not certain.

UPDATE:

If SNAP is already installed, all /boot/config/snap files will be backed up to a folder with a name like /boot/config/snap/save_Jan21-2011-023305.  Then /tmp/snap/snap.sh is copied in and some editing is done to the other .sh files to modify where the log file entries are sent.  Log files are now being moved to /var/log/snap folder.  No data files are touched.  

FRESH INSTALL:

If SNAP not installed then all files /tmp/snap are copied to /boot/config/snap and snap.sh -install is run.  Adding drives to SNAP is still a manual process.

### v 0.47 changes: 1/21/2011

### Added: -v parameter

### Added: support for hfsplus filesystem.

### Changed: samba restart method to kill -1 method.

### Changed: samba user: "nobody" now check if exists, created only if doesn't.

### Changed: moved all logs to /var/log/snap directory

### Corrected: -M usage description.

### Corrected: snapEventss.log to snapEvents.log

snap_user_script_buttons.zip

I'm about to release a new version 0.47 of SNAP.  I need a beta tester if anyone would volunteer it would be very helpful.  

I downloaded the two scripts to my server. 

GOing to the User-Scripts page showed just the "Check" button, as expected.

Pressing it showed the following on the bottom of the screen.

--2011-01-22 08:51:40-- http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-0.47-beta2.tgz Resolving unraid-snap.googlecode.com... 74.125.67.82 Connecting to unraid-snap.googlecode.com|74.125.67.82|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 100403 (98K) [application/x-gzip] Saving to: `/tmp/snap/snap-0.47-beta2.tgz' 0K .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... 50% 505K 0s 50K .......... .......... .......... .......... ........ 100% 40.4K=1.3s 2011-01-22 08:51:42 (76.0 KB/s) - `/tmp/snap/snap-0.47-beta2.tgz' saved [100403/100403] A file was downloaded: snap-0.47-beta2.tgz ; hotPlugAfterShareEvent.sh ; inotify-tools-3.8-i486-1.tgz ; snap-0.47-beta2.tgz ; snap-global-template ; snap-install.sh ; snap-xdrive-template ; snap.sh ; snapCommon.sh ; snapEvents.sh ; snapNotify.sh ; snapSambaNotify.sh

There is no "Install" button showing.    I think the display of what will be downloaded needs some formatting..

If I were to "refresh" the screen it would perform the download again.  You probably could use use the same type of technique I used for the Check for Updates button of unMENU itself and render your own "Install Updates" button in the returned text as I did in the unMENU "Check for Updates" button.  It will make it so you do not have to leave the page and return to it to perform the "install"

I did that by putting the list of files in variable "$f" and rendering it after the "<pre>" tag.  I rendered an "Install" button if updates existed.

I clicked on the "About" link, and then clicked on the "User-Scripts" button to go back, and then the "Install" button appeared, but most users will not know to do that.

The lines you are not properly using are the last two in the button scripts.

echo "<pre>"

echo "$f"

The $f variable needs to have whatever you want neatly rendered, or you need to render HTML.

All in all, a very nice start.

Joe L.

I downloaded the two scripts to my server. 

GOing to the User-Scripts page showed just the "Check" button, as expected.

Pressing it showed the following on the bottom of the screen.

--2011-01-22 08:51:40-- http://unraid-snap.googlecode.com/files/snap-0.47-beta2.tgz Resolving unraid-snap.googlecode.com... 74.125.67.82 Connecting to unraid-snap.googlecode.com|74.125.67.82|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 100403 (98K) [application/x-gzip] Saving to: `/tmp/snap/snap-0.47-beta2.tgz' 0K .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... 50% 505K 0s 50K .......... .......... .......... .......... ........ 100% 40.4K=1.3s 2011-01-22 08:51:42 (76.0 KB/s) - `/tmp/snap/snap-0.47-beta2.tgz' saved [100403/100403] A file was downloaded: snap-0.47-beta2.tgz ; hotPlugAfterShareEvent.sh ; inotify-tools-3.8-i486-1.tgz ; snap-0.47-beta2.tgz ; snap-global-template ; snap-install.sh ; snap-xdrive-template ; snap.sh ; snapCommon.sh ; snapEvents.sh ; snapNotify.sh ; snapSambaNotify.sh

There is no "Install" button showing.     I think the display of what will be downloaded needs some formatting..

If I were to "refresh" the screen it would perform the download again.   You probably could use use the same type of technique I used for the Check for Updates button of unMENU itself and render your own "Install Updates" button in the returned text as I did in the unMENU "Check for Updates" button.   It will make it so you do not have to leave the page and return to it to perform the "install"

I did that by putting the list of files in variable "$f" and rendering it after the "<pre>" tag.  I rendered an "Install" button if updates existed.

I clicked on the "About" link, and then clicked on the "User-Scripts" button to go back, and then the "Install" button appeared, but most users will not know to do that.

The lines you are not properly using are the last two in the button scripts.

echo "<pre>"

echo "$f"

The $f variable needs to have whatever you want neatly rendered, or you need to render HTML.

All in all, a very nice start.

Joe L.

I tried putting in newlines but that didn't work.  I suppose it needs html formatting.  I don't think it downloads twice.  But in any case it takes the page refresh to get it to show the second button.  I looked at your button and couldn't figure out how it worked. 

I'll try to explain

First, I collect whatever file list and stuff I want to print in the results in a single variable

You can probably do something like this with your main logic.  Surrounding it with parens "()" and capturing the output in $f

f=`(
   echo this is the contents of /tmp
   ls /tmp
   ls /tmp | while read a
   do
     if [ -d "$a" ]
     then
       echo "Found directory $a"
     fi
   done
   # do whatever you need to create your list of files to download, as you currently are.
   )`

echo "<pre>"
echo "$f"

If you put your list of files in /tmp in a specific file (as you already are), and test for its existence prior to rendering a "Install SNAP Updates" button in the resulting HTML it will work like unMENU's install button.

It will then look like this:

f=`(
   # do whatever you need to create the /tmp/snap.newfiles list of files to be installed, as you currently are.
   echo "Checking for updates"
   # your wget and md5 check loop goes here.
    )`

echo "<pre>"
if [ -f /tmp/snap.newfiles ]
then
cat <<EOF
<form target="user_scripts">
<input type=submit name="command" value="Install SNAP Updates"> Download and install SNAP Updates.<br>
</form>
EOF
fi
echo "$f"

The "cat <<EOF" will copy the enclosed text until it gets to the matching "EOF"  This is called a "here document" in the shell.

The content is the HTML for a form with a submit button.  The target is the user_scripts page where you have a matching "Install SNAP Updates" user-script to invoke.

You are so close...

Joe L.

Well I did run: root@Tower:/boot/config/snap# snap.sh -listDeviceConfiguration

BUT I see I forgot to add the next command line prompt.

After entering snap.sh -listDeviceConfiguration in the correct location

I am returned to the root@Tower:/boot/config/snap# prompt without seeing any device list.

I have attached my snapNotify and snapSambaNotify they both say, Error occured - inotify not installed

Would this be because I did not unzip the inotify-tools-3.8-i486-1.tgz file?

Hopefully that helps with the understanding of my problem, not that I'm understanding some basics.

I still need some help with this since it looks like my inotify tools didn't install. Should I run the uninstall command and then try to install SNAP again? Do I unzip the inotify-tools-3.8-i486-1.tgz file before running the install command? Can I install the missing items without uninstalling SNAP? I read through the thread all over again, but I didn't see (maybe i missed something) that shed some light on this.

Well I did run: root@Tower:/boot/config/snap# snap.sh -listDeviceConfiguration

BUT I see I forgot to add the next command line prompt.

After entering snap.sh -listDeviceConfiguration in the correct location

I am returned to the root@Tower:/boot/config/snap# prompt without seeing any device list.

I have attached my snapNotify and snapSambaNotify they both say, Error occured - inotify not installed

Would this be because I did not unzip the inotify-tools-3.8-i486-1.tgz file?

Hopefully that helps with the understanding of my problem, not that I'm understanding some basics.

I still need some help with this since it looks like my inotify tools didn't install. Should I run the uninstall command and then try to install SNAP again? Do I unzip the inotify-tools-3.8-i486-1.tgz file before running the install command? Can I install the missing items without uninstalling SNAP? I read through the thread all over again, but I didn't see (maybe i missed something) that shed some light on this.

Hang in there.  inotify package gets copied to the /boot/packages folder when snap.sh -install is run, and also /boot/config/snap/snap.sh -b is added to the /boot/config/go file.  When the system is started up the /boot/config/go file is run and when that happens snapNotify.sh is started.  snapNotify.sh will install the inotify package if it's not already installed.  

So, if you have not rebooted your machine then it's possible that /boot/config/snap/snap.sh -b hasn't been run yet.  You can run that manually this time if you want.  Then check if SNAP is running.

Hang in there.  inotify package gets copied to the /boot/packages folder when snap.sh -install is run, and also /boot/config/snap/snap.sh -b is added to the /boot/config/go file.  When the system is started up the /boot/config/go file is run and when that happens snapNotify.sh is started.  snapNotify.sh will install the inotify package if it's not already installed.  

So, if you have not rebooted your machine then it's possible that /boot/config/snap/snap.sh -b hasn't been run yet.  You can run that manually this time if you want.  Then check if SNAP is running.

Ok, so I rebooted again this morning. I'm not sure why it was any different this time than the last since I had rebooted after I installed the first time. Any at the end of the boot I am seeing:

cat: /boot/config/snap/snap.list: No such file or directory

/boot/config/snap/snap.sh: All shares mounted

So I went ahead entered the snap.sh -listDeviceConfigurationInfo and I get the following:

Tower login: root

Linux 2.6.32.9-unRAID.

root@Tower:~# cd /boot/config/snap

root@Tower:/boot/config/snap# snap.sh -listDeviceConfigurationInfo

grep: /boot/config/snap/snap.list: No such file or directory

unRAID=No SNAP=No 3819 /dev/sdd /dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HDS721010CLA332_JP29                30HQ12T2KH

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No 3611 /dev/sda /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST32000542AS_5XW1NWJY

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No 3761 /dev/sdc /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCA                ZA0324519

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No 3702 /dev/sdb /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCA                ZA0423649

unRAID=No SNAP=No 3819 /dev/sdd /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_Hitachi_HDS7210_JP2930                HQ12T2KH

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No 3611 /dev/sda /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_ST32000542AS_5XW1NWJY

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No 3761 /dev/sdc /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_WDC_WD20EARS-00_WD-WC                AZA0324519

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No 3702 /dev/sdb /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_WDC_WD20EARS-00_WD-WC                AZA0423649

unRAID=No SNAP=No 3917 /dev/sde /dev/disk/by-id/usb-Lexar_JD_FireFly_MHTTKFX5WL9                V6JOB8BEY-0:0

root@Tower:/boot/config/snap#

What is the snap.list file that I am missing? And how do I fix it? Thanks again for the help.

Ok, so I rebooted again this morning. I'm not sure why it was any different this time than the last since I had rebooted after I installed the first time. Any at the end of the boot I am seeing:

/boot/config/snap/snap.sh: All shares mounted

So I went ahead entered the snap.sh -listDeviceConfigurationInfo and I get the following:

Linux 2.6.32.9-unRAID.

unRAID=No SNAP=No 3819 /dev/sdd /dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HDS721010CLA332_JP29                 30HQ12T2KH

unRAID=No SNAP=No 3819 /dev/sdd /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_Hitachi_HDS7210_JP2930                 HQ12T2KH

unRAID=No SNAP=No 3917 /dev/sde /dev/disk/by-id/usb-Lexar_JD_FireFly_MHTTKFX5WL9                 V6JOB8BEY-0:0

What is the snap.list file that I am missing? And how do I fix it? Thanks again for the help.

It looks like you have two non-unraid storage devices (although I suspect the Lexar Firefly is you unraid flash drive). 

To add the Hitachi device to SNAP you would

snap.sh -a [sharename] [deviceid]

Where sharename is any text label you make up and  might be something like Zebra.  And the device name comes from the snap.sh -listDeviceConfigurationInfo.

I suspect the device names are actually like this without the gap of spaces. 

unRAID=No SNAP=No 3819 /dev/sdd /dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HDS721010CLA332_JP2930HQ12T2KH

unRAID=No SNAP=No 3819 /dev/sdd /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_Hitachi_HDS7210_JP2930HQ12T2KH

So using:  snap.sh -a Zebra JP2930HQ12T2KH

should add the device to the snap.list file and then SNAP will mount and share the device when it's detected.  The devices are detected at boot time or when one is inserted or pulled out.  To manually make SNAP check for devices you can do a snap.sh -u

Not much trouble getting this installed and in use -- thanks.

One question, is it possible to share the parent folder /mnt/disk instead of each individual HDD mounted within it?

I would prefer to only create 1 mount point for all the HDDs internally which are not part of unRAID.

In order to do it you would need to make a share on /mnt/disk at boot time for instance and then when SNAP makes it's mount/share points inside that area you would see them from you /mnt/disk share.  Each device would still have it's own mount/share point but you could access them all from your sharepoint.

I guess you did not see my earlier post http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=5904.msg99005#msg99005

Joe L.

Yes, I saw it.  Didn't I do it right?  I thought your example opened a new browser with the install button showing.  If your talking about the <pre> and f$ part I think mine looks different but should run in the exact same way.  Your kind of implementing custom web standards here so if it HAS to be just like your example please tell me.  Thanks.

snap.sh -a Zebra JP2930HQ12T2KH

should add the device to the snap.list file and then SNAP will mount and share the device when it's detected.  The devices are detected at boot time or when one is inserted or pulled out.  To manually make SNAP check for devices you can do a snap.sh -u

I did snap.sh -a JBODEx1 JP2930HQ12T2KH and when I rebooted my snap.list problem went away, but I can not find the drive share. I tried to type in \\tower\JBODEx1 in the address bar in my windows explore and it asks for my user name and password. I enter root for user and my password, but it is not accepted. I don't see it in the /mnt directory either. I went through the thread and tried a few commands to find more info I posted below:

Password:

Linux 2.6.32.9-unRAID.

unRAID=No SNAP=Yes 3818 /dev/sdd /dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HDS721010CLA332_JP2930HQ12T2KH

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No 3610 /dev/sda /dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST32000542AS_5XW1NWJY

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No 3760 /dev/sdc /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA0324519

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No 3701 /dev/sdb /dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA0423649

unRAID=No SNAP=Yes 3818 /dev/sdd /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_Hitachi_HDS7210_JP2930HQ12T2KH

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No 3610 /dev/sda /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_ST32000542AS_5XW1NWJY

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No 3760 /dev/sdc /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_WDC_WD20EARS-00_WD-WCAZA0324519

unRAID=Yes SNAP=No 3701 /dev/sdb /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_WDC_WD20EARS-00_WD-WCAZA0423649

unRAID=No SNAP=No 3916 /dev/sde /dev/disk/by-id/usb-Lexar_JD_FireFly_MHTTKFX5WL9V6JOB8BEY-0:0

root@Tower:/boot/config/snap# snap.sh -u

root@Tower:/boot/config/snap# snap.sh -m JBODEx1

basename: missing operand

Try `basename --help' for more information.

Partition doesn't exist, cannot be mounted.

root@Tower:/boot/config/snap# snap.sh -s JBODEx1

No such device exists: JBODEx1-part1

root@Tower:/boot/config/snap# cd /mnt

root@Tower:/mnt# dir

disk1/  disk2/  user/

root@Tower:/mnt# cd /user

-bash: cd: /user: No such file or directory

root@Tower:/mnt# mount

fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)

usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

/dev/sde1 on /boot type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,umask=0,shortname=mixed)

/dev/md2 on /mnt/disk2 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,noacl,nouser_xattr)

/dev/md1 on /mnt/disk1 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,noacl,nouser_xattr)

shfs on /mnt/user type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other,default_permissions)

root@Tower:/mnt# smbclient -N -L localhost

Anonymous login successful

Domain=[MY_HOME] OS=[unix] Server=[samba 3.4.5]

Sharename       Type      Comment

---------       ----      -------

flash           Disk

Movies          Disk      Movie_Library

IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Media server)

Server               Comment

---------            -------

TOSHIBA_LAPTOP       Jackie's Computer

LAPTOP-JB            JBs-Laptop

TOWER                Media server

Workgroup            Master

MY_HOME              TOWER

root@Tower:/mnt# testparm

Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf

rlimit_max: rlimit_max (1024) below minimum Windows limit (16384)

Processing section ""

Processing section "[Movies]"

Loaded services file OK.

Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

Press enter to see a dump of your service definitions

[global]

workgroup = MY_HOME

server string = Media server

map to guest = Bad User

null passwords = Yes

passdb backend = smbpasswd

syslog = 0

syslog only = Yes

unix extensions = No

load printers = No

printcap name = /dev/null

disable spoolss = Yes

show add printer wizard = No

force user = root

create mask = 0711

directory mask = 0711

guest only = Yes

guest ok = Yes

use sendfile = Yes

map hidden = Yes

map system = Yes

msdfs root = Yes

path = /boot

read only = No

create mask = 0777

directory mask = 0777

map archive = No

map hidden = No

map system = No

[Movies]

comment = Movie_Library

path = /mnt/user/Movies

read only = No

root@Tower:/mnt#

snap.sh -a Zebra JP2930HQ12T2KH

should add the device to the snap.list file and then SNAP will mount and share the device when it's detected.  The devices are detected at boot time or when one is inserted or pulled out.  To manually make SNAP check for devices you can do a snap.sh -u

I did snap.sh -a JBODEx1 JP2930HQ12T2KH and when I rebooted my snap.list problem went away, but I can not find the drive share. I tried to type in \\tower\JBODEx1 in the address bar in my windows explore and it asks for my user name and password. I enter root for user and my password, but it is not accepted. I don't see it in the /mnt directory either. I went through the thread and tried a few commands to find more info I posted below:

root@Tower:/boot/config/snap# snap.sh -m JBODEx1

basename: missing operand

Try `basename --help' for more information.

Partition doesn't exist, cannot be mounted.

root@Tower:/boot/config/snap# snap.sh -s JBODEx1

No such device exists: JBODEx1-part1

root@Tower:/boot/config/snap# cd /mnt

disk1/  disk2/  user/

-bash: cd: /user: No such file or directory

root@Tower:/mnt# mount

fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)

usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

/dev/sde1 on /boot type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,umask=0,shortname=mixed)

/dev/md2 on /mnt/disk2 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,noacl,nouser_xattr)

/dev/md1 on /mnt/disk1 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,noacl,nouser_xattr)

shfs on /mnt/user type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other,default_permissions)

root@Tower:/mnt# smbclient -N -L localhost

Sharename       Type      Comment

---------       ----      -------

flash           Disk

Movies          Disk      Movie_Library

IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Media server)

Server               Comment

TOSHIBA_LAPTOP       Jackie's Computer

LAPTOP-JB            JBs-Laptop

TOWER                Media server

Workgroup            Master

MY_HOME              TOWER

root@Tower:/mnt# testparm

Processing section ""

Processing section "[Movies]"

Loaded services file OK.

Press enter to see a dump of your service definitions

[global]

workgroup = MY_HOME

server string = Media server

map to guest = Bad User

null passwords = Yes

syslog = 0

syslog only = Yes

unix extensions = No

load printers = No

disable spoolss = Yes

force user = root

create mask = 0711

directory mask = 0711

guest only = Yes

guest ok = Yes

use sendfile = Yes

map hidden = Yes

map system = Yes

msdfs root = Yes

path = /boot

read only = No

create mask = 0777

directory mask = 0777

map archive = No

map hidden = No

map system = No

[Movies]

comment = Movie_Library

path = /mnt/user/Movies

read only = No

root@Tower:/mnt#

You certainly are getting lots of odd errors.  

What version of unraid are you using?

What version of windows?

[Movies]

comment = Movie_Library

path = /mnt/user/Movies

read only = No

disk1/  disk2/  user/

The slash wasn't needed.

Do you have unmenu installed?  If so, attempt to mount the drive from unmenu.  Does that work?

What version of windows?

Do you have unmenu installed?  If so, attempt to mount the drive from unmenu.  Does that work?

Unraid version: 4.5.6

Windows XP Pro SP2

I have unmenu installed, How do I mount a drive through unmenu? I have to leave for the dentist in a few minutes so I quickly scanned through unmenu and the help, but I failed to find how to do this. Thanks for the help.

What version of windows?

Do you have unmenu installed?  If so, attempt to mount the drive from unmenu.  Does that work?

Unraid version: 4.5.6

Windows XP Pro SP2

I have unmenu installed, How do I mount a drive through unmenu? I have to leave for the dentist in a few minutes so I quickly scanned through unmenu and the help, but I failed to find how to do this. Thanks for the help.

Go to the Disk Management page.

Well I found this post: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=5961.0 I hoping the file system on that hard drive didn't get corrupted and thats why I can't mount it.

Also, something else is going on and now things are really messy. I installed the ntfs add-on from the unraid menu thinking well maybe it would help, even though I shouldn't need it. So I restarted and now the last two lines on my command screen are:

/etc/rc.d/rc/inet1.conf : line 18: /boot/config/network.cfg: No such file or directory

/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf: line 19: /var/tmp/network.ctfg: No such file or directory

There are a bunch of lines above those that I don't recognize either.

At log-in on the server console it didn't ask for my password and let me in after root.

I can't access the server from telnet or the web interface. I haven't yet set a static ip so Im sure that doesnt help since the router went down for a minute during reboot.

Edit:

Just tried /etc/rd.d/rc.inetd restart and I get

-bash: /etc/rd.d/rc.inetd: No such file or directory

Ugh >:(

Well I found this post: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=5961.0 I hoping the file system on that hard drive didn't get corrupted and thats why I can't mount it.

Also, something else is going on and now things are really messy. I installed the ntfs add-on from the unraid menu thinking well maybe it would help, even though I shouldn't need it. So I restarted and now the last two lines on my command screen are:

/etc/rc.d/rc/inet1.conf : line 18: /boot/config/network.cfg: No such file or directory

/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf: line 19: /var/tmp/network.ctfg: No such file or directory

At log-in on the server console it didn't ask for my password and let me in after root.

I can't access the server from telnet or the web interface. I haven't yet set a static ip so Im sure that doesnt help since the router went down for a minute during reboot.

Edit:

Tried: smbstatus get

/var/cache/samba/locking.tdb not initialised

This is normal if an SMB client has never connected to your sever.

-Which is false since I have been sharing my movies this way across my home network

Testparm:

Can't find include file /etc/samba/smb-names.conf

Can't find include file /boot/config/smb-extra.conf

Can't find include file /etc/samba/smb-shares.conf

Loaded services file OK.

[global]

syslog = 0

syslog only = Yes

unix extensions = No

loadprinters = No

disable spoolss = Yes

use sendfile = Yes

msdfs root = Yes

Edit:

There is something not right for sure.  Is your array still functional?  Any weird messages in syslog?  If the array parts are working then maybe the drive, cable or something like that is bad.

There is something not right for sure.  Is your array still functional?  Any weird messages in syslog?  If the array parts are working then maybe the drive, cable or something like that is bad.

How do I dump a syslog from the command line?(Found this in the troubleshooting guide) I have a monitor and keyboard hooked up to the server. I can't get to things any other way. What is the powerdown command? I have the script installed but last time I tried CTRL+ALT+DEL it didn't like that.

OK time to stop touching stuff I ran: tail -f --lines=100 /var/log/syslog

and now I just have a blinking command prompt at the bottom of the screen.

Seems like I am having issues poping up after having the same thing happen as this post:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=8489.0

My unRaid 4.5.6 installation currently seems to be stuck attempting to power down.  Here is how the issue came to be:

After setting up my data drives, I installed a parity drive.  After several days, I ended up doing a forced reboot (I don't remember the circumstances now - I think it may have been a networking setting change).  Everything seemed to be working fine for a little while after that, but then I lost connectivity to the array (via web, telnet, and samba)...

*SideNote: How do I create that line in the command between syslog and more? See Below

cat /var/log/syslog | more

There is something not right for sure.  Is your array still functional?  Any weird messages in syslog?  If the array parts are working then maybe the drive, cable or something like that is bad.

How do I dump a syslog from the command line?(Found this in the troubleshooting guide) I have a monitor and keyboard hooked up to the server. I can't get to things any other way. What is the powerdown command? I have the script installed but last time I tried CTRL+ALT+DEL it didn't like that.

OK time to stop touching stuff I ran: tail -f --lines=100 /var/log/syslog

and now I just have a blinking command prompt at the bottom of the screen.

Seems like I am having issues poping up after having the same thing happen as this post:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=8489.0

My unRaid 4.5.6 installation currently seems to be stuck attempting to power down.  Here is how the issue came to be:

After setting up my data drives, I installed a parity drive.  After several days, I ended up doing a forced reboot (I don't remember the circumstances now - I think it may have been a networking setting change).  Everything seemed to be working fine for a little while after that, but then I lost connectivity to the array (via web, telnet, and samba)...

*SideNote: How do I create that line in the command between syslog and more? See Below

cat /var/log/syslog | more

You are having system problems that require some help I think.  You probably need to post in the unraid support thread.  Once your system is reliable again we can get SNAP going for you.