New Application: S. N. A. P.

The basic mounting to a share of this plugin works with unRAID v5 final.

You have to issue the snap.sh -u if it wont mount.

But you might want to follow this thread for the newer versions of SNAP with GUI.

The OP or a mod should put a note/link in the first post.

Edit:

After reading through the linked thread, you might be better off with the command line

plugin. The developer seems to lack time to update the plugin and there are reports that

the GUI is not working properly.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will this add-on work in 5beta12?

I need to upgrade and before I do there is a large amount of data I need to copy first and I would prefer to do it on the box.

Last time I checked, S.N.A.P. did not support any of the V5 unraid platforms.

If it still does not, is there something else that will allow me to plug in an NTFS formatted (or FAT32) drive and copy data to it on unRaid.

Mick

It is completely uncompliant with the V5 folder structure.

It is a V4 app that may work for v5. For me it worked but not very well. bad enough to stop using it.

It is also not being developed.

I hope some one proves me wrong on both counts as it was a great app :)

Personally I would no longer recommend trying to use it

It is completely uncompliant with the V5 folder structure.

It is a V4 app that may work for v5. For me it worked but not very well. bad enough to stop using it.

It is also not being developed.

I hope some one proves me wrong on both counts as it was a great app :)

Personally I would no longer recommend trying to use it

Development is continuing.  Check here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=29519.0

It has been updated for 5.0.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I've installed SNAP on my 4.7 build to mount a USB 3.0 WD My Book. To do so, I had to add PCIe USB 3.0 card to my server. (It all lights up, but not 100% sure if it's working).

I formatted the My Book drive on another computer to NTFS using the My Book format utility.

When I run the "snap.sh -listDevInfo" command, the drive does not appear - it only shows my existing drives.

It's possible the PCIe card is defective or I've done something incorrectly.

Can anyone advise? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've installed SNAP on my 4.7 build to mount a USB 3.0 WD My Book. To do so, I had to add PCIe USB 3.0 card to my server. (It all lights up, but not 100% sure if it's working).

I formatted the My Book drive on another computer to NTFS using the My Book format utility.

When I run the "snap.sh -listDevInfo" command, the drive does not appear - it only shows my existing drives.

There is almost certainly no compatible drivers loaded in v4.7 for that USB 3.0 card.  I don't remember for sure, but I don't think Tom has added USB 3.0 drivers for even the current releases.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

i have bad experience using usb pcie card. once you transfer big data through usb, the pcie lane will be flooded and your computer wont be responsive. to be honest, usb pcie card is not practical for usb storage.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm trying to set up SNAP for an internal hard drive. I want it to have 3 partitions, so I formatted and partioned it on my Windows PC (2 partitions are 250gb each and 1 partition is 500gb). At first I tried to not format them to any type so I could create a reiserfs filesystem on it. That didnt work, so I deleted all the partitions and created 3 new partitions, this time formatted with NTFS. This sadly doesnt work either.

In unMENU the partitions are showing up as you can see in the image:

25rz23t.jpg

I do not know why it says there are 4 partitions, but I think its some sort of metadata of the disk (referring to hdc1) (if there could be some sort of metadata). Pressing "Create resierfs on /dev/hdc1" gives me the following message:

Warning: start=1985 - this looks like a partition rather than

the entire disk. Using fdisk on it is probably meaningless.

[use the --force option if you really want this]

I am however not worried about this message, it said the same thing on my USB stick which was working with SNAP (no partitions but it also showed hdc1 & hdc5).

Now I'm trying to find the partitions with the SNAP tool but they are not showing up. Neither in "snap.sh -listDevInfo" as in "ls /dev/disk/by-id"

zo8g0l.jpg

iejzp2.jpg

The disk with partitions I'm trying to find has the following ID: "..._WD-WCC4J3147612".

When I try to mount it using "snap.sh -m <id>" it tells me: "Partition doesn't exist, cannot be mounted.". I also tried mounting using the webapplication for SNAP but that did not do anything

I first thought this was a Linux problem with showing the partitions but then I thought the partitions should not have shown up in the unMENU.

Now I'm wondering why it doesnt work and I hope that someone can tell me what is wrong.

I'm using unRaid 5.0.5 (x64) and the latest version of SNAP (already reinstalled it via the unMENU user scripts)

I hope someone can help me,

Thanks in advance.

I think you will find that partition 1 is an 'extended' primary partition that contains the other partitions.    The rational for this is that the DOS partitioning scheme only allows for 4 primary partitions, so partitions inside an extended partition start at 5 and go upwards.

I think you will find that partition 1 is an 'extended' primary partition that contains the other partitions.    The rational for this is that the DOS partitioning scheme only allows for 4 primary partitions, so partitions inside an extended partition start at 5 and go upwards.

I now followed this little guide here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=30496.msg274120#msg274120 to create partitions on a HDD via telnet.

I also deleted all the partitions I had and created only 1 this time. To test out if I could get "<disk-ID>-partX" to show up in my putty after using the "ls /dev/disk/by-id" command.

Sadly this isnt working.

I also tried mounting the partitions via unMENU, that works except that the mounts are somehow stopped sharing after a few days. That would not be a really big of a problem, except that I use this hard disk to store my security camera records on it.

I hope someone knows what I'm doing wrong with my formatting(?) partitioning(?)

hdd.PNG.4d5ae3a79ed2179eda2f3d603a05aa6b.PNG

Okay, I think I got it fixed.

The problem was in the used SATA cable. I found out this was the problem because my harddisk had "hdX". It should have been "sdX".

I tried it by swapping the SATA cable to SATA III. The cable I used has this text on it: "AWM E156437 STYLE 2095 VW-1 80C 300V Golden Bridge --- Serial ATA 2Pairs/AWG26 100ohm".

The cable I plugged in this time says the following: "Serial ATA 6G 26AWG E208931 AWM STYLE 21149 80C 30V TRI WIRE TECHNOLOGY"

Its quite a stupid mistake from me, but I have no experience or knowledge of those SATA cables at all. If someone knows what the differences are, and why the first cable didnt show any partitions, can you please tell me. I dont want to make this mistake again.