How to disable VM autostart

I stupidly assigned my network card which is used by Unraid to a VM which has autostart enabled and now I can't edit the VM to make changes because as soon as I start the array the VM starts and I lose the network card and can't make changes via the webUI.

I tried to locate the VM xml but cannot find it

I tried locating the libvirt autostart file without success. Looked in /etc/libvirt-/qemu/network/autostart

Would appreciate some urgent help please.

48 minutes ago, Oldslugger said:

Looked in /etc/libvirt-/qemu/network/autostart

/etc/libvirt/qemu/autostart

But, you're in a catch-22, as with the array stopped, that folder doesn't exist.  You need to make any changes due to this mistake via the local keyboard / monitor.  (Or boot with the GUI option, stop the VM and edit it with the local keyboard / monitor / mouse

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Squid said:

/etc/libvirt/qemu/autostart

But, you're in a catch-22, as with the array stopped, that folder doesn't exist.  You need to make any changes due to this mistake via the local keyboard / monitor.  (Or boot with the GUI option, stop the VM and edit it with the local keyboard / monitor / mouse

Thank you very much Squid that did the trick!!!

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post but i have the same issue except my vm is not a kvm image. My windows 10 is installed on an ssd and i passed the entire disk to my vm. How would i go about turning auto start off? My unraid freezes when ever vm is turned on.

Edited by phat_cow
  • 1 year later...

Im stuck in a situation like this . My Win 10 VM is on Autostart and takes everthing with him and i know the problem but i cant make any changes . I booted without plugins and set VM to disabled . Thats ok but i cant make any changes even if my array is started and when i start VM again , autostart triggers . The described folder doesn´t exist on my system . I tried running krusader first and then start but no folder. I´m a little bit stuck and could  need some help.

-----------

Seems like i solved my problem bootet in Gui safe mode no plugins and could make the needed changes . Didnt tried that before .

Edited by grisly