[Plugin] Custom Tab

14 hours ago, bonienl said:

The GUI has a dynamic page building structure, whenever you click on one of the header buttons, such as Main or a Custom Tab, the building structure is going to find and load the associated pages. Next these pages are executed to build the actual content. There is no "preserved" page  content unless a particular page does some clever caching itself, but that is not a trivial thing to do.

Thanks @bonienl  Important to finish your business in the tab before switching!

Added in the ability to specify the position of the custom tabs, and place them anywhere (ie: in between standard tabs).  Mainly because I save a mouse click by putting @dlandon's libvirt hot plug plugin on the tabs instead of within the VM tab.  (And I wanted it to sit next to VMs, rather than at the end)

See the OP for details.

Edited by Squid
  • 2 months later...

Firstly - love this plugin! Absolute god send.

Quick question - I've got a few custom tabs set up and working (Krusader, Sonarr, Radarr & Plex) - but for some reason, the SabNZBd WebUI simply does not appear using http://192.168.1.1:8080/ - I just get a blank iframe. Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers,
Nate

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 6:13 AM, NREES87 said:

Firstly - love this plugin! Absolute god send.

Quick question - I've got a few custom tabs set up and working (Krusader, Sonarr, Radarr & Plex) - but for some reason, the SabNZBd WebUI simply does not appear using http://192.168.1.1:8080/ - I just get a blank iframe. Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers,
Nate

Same here.. Mine was displaying fine until the last custom tabs update..  Everything else is still good, It's just Sab that won't display anymore..

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Lelo said:

Hi! Are we bound to pages on the Unraid system or is it possible to ad a page from another network internal device like the Router or another Server? I would love to have my Routersettings as an additional page!

The only limitation is that if you access the server via HTTPS then all external pages have to be HTTPS

image.thumb.png.9f156c2ab6a93f8e33a2b35a5f55c428.png

Edited by Squid
  • 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, SpaceInvaderOne said:

Hi @Squid is there any chance you could make an option so that we could have a custom tab just open over the parent window. i would really like to have

a link from each of my servers, to the other server's webGui like this. Then i could easily switch from server to server from with the Unraid webGui

1603169786_ScreenShot2018-09-30at22_26_06.png.c064bc1ebd8c6d0b132175e422e0bea2.png

😀Please😀

Remind me next weekend

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

Remind me next weekend

Great thanks. Will do.    .........Alexa set reminder.......whats the reminder for? .....to remind @Squid ...... when should i remind you? .... Next saturaday.....what time?.....10 oclock.....is that 10 oclock in the morning or the evening?.....the morning.....ok i will remind you to remind squid at 10 oclock on saturday......thankyou Alexa...

Ok lets see if bloody Alexa will work !! 😁

• 1 month later...

@Squid this plugin is great, I'm trying it out to see if I can eliminate my Organizr docker in favor of this and so far it's working very well. My only issue is that the positioning doesn't seem to be working. Using the information you provided in the OP, I assigned tab numbers for each that should have put them in my custom order, all after the default unRAID tabs. But they still seem to just all be alphabetical and nothing I do seems to change that. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, ms4sman said:

@Squid this plugin is great, I'm trying it out to see if I can eliminate my Organizr docker in favor of this and so far it's working very well. My only issue is that the positioning doesn't seem to be working. Using the information you provided in the OP, I assigned tab numbers for each that should have put them in my custom order, all after the default unRAID tabs. But they still seem to just all be alphabetical and nothing I do seems to change that. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks!

Try today's update

• 4 weeks later...

ok.  Check for updates.

2 Caveats

1. Popups must be enabled in your browser
  2. Because of how dynamix works, the page you were on when you click the item that opens in a new link has to be reloaded.  So, the information that's on it will have to be reloaded.  (IE: if you were on the apps tab when you hit the button, then the apps tab will wind up at its "home" display)
1 hour ago, Squid said:

ok.  Check for updates.

2 Caveats

1. Popups must be enabled in your browser
  2. Because of how dynamix works, the page you were on when you click the item that opens in a new link has to be reloaded.  So, the information that's on it will have to be reloaded.  (IE: if you were on the apps tab when you hit the button, then the apps tab will wind up at its "home" display)

Works perfect - you the man.

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2018 at 3:02 PM, Squid said:

k  Try out the update.  Switch the "type" to be URL (open in same tab)

Ah, @Squid   I was about to post a request for a feature then read the thread to realize that I never said thank you for what you did last time.

So I should just be told to f off for being an ungrateful sod.

Well if you forgive me for forgetting could I ask for something else for you to consider?

It would be awesome to be able to have a custom tab that runs a user script. That would be awesome.

I use a script with one of my VMS at the moment.  What it does is delete the vdisk of that VM then copy another 'backup' of it when the VM was first set up. So it kind of resets the windows VM to factory defaults! I use it for things that I would trust running/doing on a normal VM.

Then afterward I just run the script and the VM is back how it was.

Would be great to be able to click a custom tab to run that script the have it do that then start the VM.

I know not many people would have the same use case as me for that but it would be cool to just be able to do things such as run a script that you often use right from any web UI page.

I am sure that it would take quite a bit of work to do and I am sure that you have enough to do already. But maybe I could do a deal with you. In exchange as I live in the UK and not too far away from @CHBMB If he annoys you on the forums I could try and find his house and cut his telephone line so he has no internet :)  

45 minutes ago, SpaceInvaderOne said:

I am sure that it would take quite a bit of work to do and I am sure that you have enough to do already. But maybe I could do a deal with you. In exchange as I live in the UK and not too far away from @CHBMB If he annoys you on the forums I could try and find his house and cut his telephone line so he has no internet :)  

My telephone line is at the top of a telegraph pole.  I can see it from where I'm sitting in my office and also from my lounge.  I have guns....

Just saying 😜

image.png.1f8a8109e0fcd1b75c65f4845a4704e8.png

2 hours ago, SpaceInvaderOne said:

Deal.  I'll look into it (and I believe he gave me a pic of it at one point so finding it won't be too difficult)

@CHBMB Pretty sure that you've got to go to work or sleep at some point.

Edited by Squid
  • 3 weeks later...