[Plugin] Custom Tab

13 minutes ago, Squid said:

this, or alternatively, upload the file to a cloud based server and have them serve it eg: GitHub has free hosting of an unlimited number of static web pages.

That's what I figured, just thought I'd ask.  :)  External hosting won't work since I don't expose my Unraid server outside of my home network and I want to build a custom dashboard from data pulled from other docker containers.  I'll have to take a look at which web server containers are available... I'm sure there are plenty.

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, NLS said:

Would love a way to REMOVE a button.

(until this happens, where is this stored to edit manually?)

If you're talking about removing something you've added, there's a red icon next to every tab section when hitting this plugin's settings.

If you're talking about removing a tab that comes by default with unRaid, then its basically impossible.

😂😲

Erm... didn't see it. It's right there in red and shows a trashcan. Duh. :P Thanks.

Also I noticed that the tab HAS to start with a letter? Is this a requirement for a reason?

In that case can some future version have "separator" option? (like an extra space, or "|", or something)

Also I would LOVE some future version that supports actual menu up there.
So we could categorize things.

Just saying. :D

• 2 weeks later...

After updating to unRAID v6.8.0-rc5, I cannot install Custom Tab plugin:

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/customtab/master/plugins/customtab.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/customtab/master/plugins/customtab.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/customtab/master/plugins/customtab.plg ... done

+==============================================================================
| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/customtab/customtab-2019.06.30-x86_64-1.txz
+==============================================================================

Verifying package customtab-2019.06.30-x86_64-1.txz.
Unable to install /boot/config/plugins/customtab/customtab-2019.06.30-x86_64-1.txz: tar archive is corrupt (tar returned error code 2)

----------------------------------------------------
customtab has been installed.
Copyright 2015-2017, Squid
Version: 2019.06.30
----------------------------------------------------

Converting old configuration file
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 127

Updating Support Links

Any ideas how to fix it?

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, bmilcs said:

Great Plugin :)

However, I can't get Krusader to behave for me anymore. This is the error I get:

si7Dsm0.png

I've tried using your screenshot example with no luck. I imagine it's quite dated at this point.

Does Krusader still work normally?

Not a bug, but something to be aware of if you're really playing around with 6.8 and aren't understanding what you're doing.

If you happen to change the landing page for unRaid to a custom tab that is set to URL (open same tab), then for all intents and purposes you will have effectively locked yourself out of the server's GUI and will have to manually edit the appropriate config file on the flash drive to restore the landing page back to something normal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there and thanks for this plugin!

I've got an issue however.

I run wireguard plugin

I would love to add a VPN-Manager tab using Custom Tab but using the built in drop down menu is proving difficult.

image.png.fbc597826a33ff3368ba5a13e079d19a.png

It does detect the Dynamix stuff, but it doesnt appear to forward to the proper page.

unraidip:port/VPNManager

VS

unraidip:port/Settings/VPNManager

When I hit apply this happens

image.png.7af0f4c261ae59301c8b45b867a78a9d.png

Which just shows a blank page.....

And it should be

image.png.24e17dcc7ece9859be9cc8f5bf07c98d.png

Now, if I hard code it using URL, it works fine (But only on LAN, not VPN due to ip's being different)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

image.png

1 hour ago, Squid said:

It's actually correct what you're seeing.  What you want to select is Tunnel WG0 to get to where you want to be.

Many thanks Squid! (My apologies was out at lunch)

All working as intended now.

I swear I looked through that list two or three times and never saw it until you pointed it out 😪

• 4 weeks later...

I can't a custom tab to work with linuxserver/qbittorrent docker container. I'm pointing the tab towards 192.X.X.X:8080 (the docker address) but I just get a blank page in the custom tab. It works fine if I manually browse to the URL.

Edited by Mushin