Norco 4224 Thread

Guest Jomp

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm curious to see how they have the fan plate and how the temps turn out with such a concentration of drives. If my array ever grows beyond the 16 drive barrier using the CoolerMaster Stacker 4-in-3s, then it's certainly something I'll look at. Of course I hope by then that I have something worked out using external SAS 8087/8088 cables with drive towers.

Hi all

Just got my 4224 case, but I'm at a loss as to what to do with some of the pieces.  Hoping someone else can shed some light on what to do with all the brackets.  I tried putting them at various points through the case to see if any light bulbs went off, but they hardly even seem to fit anywhere.

I'll upload some pictures when I get a chance.

Hello,

Thank you for using our products.  :)

Those small brackets in accessories box are for mounting different kinds of redundant power supplies.

Hi all

Just got my 4224 case, but I'm at a loss as to what to do with some of the pieces.  Hoping someone else can shed some light on what to do with all the brackets.  I tried putting them at various points through the case to see if any light bulbs went off, but they hardly even seem to fit anywhere.

I'll upload some pictures when I get a chance.

I read on a couple of forums that the middle fans are back to 80mm instead of 120mm.  Even the Norco 4224 specs has been changed to reflect this change.

Check out these links:

RPC-4224 at IPC Direct

Norco Technologies

Yep - very poor form. I joined a group buy (50 plus via overclockers) based on the 120mm specs published. Norco decided to do a 'ninja edit' on their specs page a day or two ago. No other notification.

I realise the case has 4 extra hot-swap bays - but to be honest the 120mm was the main reason several of us decided on getting the case at all. Not happy.

Hello,

120mm fan bracket was delayed :(. We would release 120mm fan bracket later.

Air flow is improved comparing RPC-4220.

I read on a couple of forums that the middle fans are back to 80mm instead of 120mm.  Even the Norco 4224 specs has been changed to reflect this change.

Check out these links:

RPC-4224 at IPC Direct

Norco Technologies

Thanks, but I am assuming we will have to pay for these...? Or will Norcotek send these at no charge to customers who have already purchased the case?

I'm not sure when we release 120mm fan bracket. Once it is available, we'll be glad to send you one for free  :)

Hello,

Check out these links:

RPC-4224 at IPC Direct

Norco Technologies

Thanks, but I am assuming we will have to pay for these...? Or will Norcotek send these at no charge to customers who have already purchased the case?

I'm not sure when we release 120mm fan bracket. Once it is available, we'll be glad to send you one for free  :)

Hello,

Check out these links:

RPC-4224 at IPC Direct

Norco Technologies

Thanks - that softens the blow somewhat. I hope it isn't too long a wait! :)

Edit: there are 50 plus orders from our groupbuy - will this be the case for all of them?

Thanks. I'll forward your opinions to product manager. We appreciate it very much  :)

I also think it is nice you are here in the forum.  That's a nice sign from a vendor to show up in user forums and answer questions.

But airflow is not the issue... noise is.

Thanks. I'll forward your opinions to product manager. We appreciate it very much  :)

Better yet, give an option to purchase without fans, middle and rear, at a lower price.  Keep in mind that the majority of your customers are probably small business or home enthusiasts.  So noise is really a BIG factor.

I would really love to order the 4224 if there is a guarantee that I will get the 120mm fan plate for free when it is available.

• Guest changed the title to Norco 4224 Thread