Permissions: create but not edit others content

I planning on creating a backup share where everyone on my network can place their backup files.

I want everyone to be able to put files in the folders that they owe, but I don't want people to be able to edit others data.

I would love to just have one share as I from an administrators view then just could navigate to backup\ and then have everyones data here. 

Example

Backup

--- Dan

--- Mark

--- Derpette

If I was able to completely hide folders that wasn't yours, that would be perfect. But being able to at least lock them down so Dan cannot edit Marks files would be ok.

I'm fine with having to manually create the folders and settings up the rights for each folder if that is what is needed.

Is this in any way possible? Or will I have to create a usershare for each user, and then manage the acces that way?

15 hours ago, Squid said:

Separate share per user and permissions set up as private is the easiest

It might be the easiest, and the fastest way to do it. But it wont take long before 20 people start generating quite a lot of shares.

Do you know if there is any other way of doing it?

With my existing Netgear ReadyNas I am able to tweak security settings quite a lot more, and I'm trying to find a way to make it as much alike as before

Edited by Squazz