Why is Sabnzbd downloading same file substantially slower than Nzbget?

Hi, I am having problems due to slow post processing of Nzbget, hence, I went back to Sabnzbd, my original usenet downloader.

I am feeling now that Sabnzbd downloads way slower than Nzbget. That is using the same nzb. At times, it speeds up, but nowhere near consistent. I can rely on nzbget to max out my bandwidth, but with Sabnzbd, I am far from it.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bnevets27 said:

Sabnzbd is known to be slower than nzbget for faat connections. The latest sabnzbd has improved in this aspect significantly. I think that version is beta right now. Nzbget AFAIK doesn't have multi core unrar which is why it's slower during post process.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Did you mean unrar or par2 repair? I'd be intrigued if SABnzbd has multicore unrar.

nzbget has multicore par2 and you can even choose how many cores it uses.

• Upvote 1

I get 5000 on occasion. But that is very seldom, without changing anything. After the file, the next one may drop down to 500. I am using docker container, does that make any difference? I don't see option to change allocated resources though.

I also followed the following steps to check - https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/advanced/highspeed-downloading

But I cannot find sabyenc mentioned anywhere on the interface. The rest are pretty much as what is required, I have passed the minimum requirements mentioned on the article.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk