NAS case for 8 hard drives

Looking for a good NAS case with the following criteria:

• Fits 8 hard drives out of the box (no mod'ing) 
  • Ideally fits an ATX mobo, but doesn't have to
  • Fits a standard PSU 
  • Looks good w/ window 

Right now I'm looking at a Node 804 and a Define R5. I hear both have issues with Seagate 8TB drives (something about screw hole locations). Is there anything else I should consider is that price range?

19 hours ago, ashman70 said:

I was going to mention the Silverstone DS380, but you have to use a m-atx motherboard and a smaller than standard power supply. Great case though, I built a system with one.

It's a Silverstone CS380, not DS. The CS is quite new and very few people have one. I got the only one that was in stock at Amazon UK. I like it a lot so far. I have 11 drives in it (8 as standard, plus two in 5.25" to 3.5" hotswap trayless caddies, plus an SSD. 

It will accommodate an ATX board. I have a micro ATX from a Dell T20.

http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=709&area=en

rxIElLw.jpg

3ZcsQDv.jpg

Edited by neilt0
On 2017-5-9 at 10:52 PM, ashman70 said:

I was going to mention the Silverstone DS380, but you have to use a m-atx motherboard and a smaller than standard power supply. Great case though, I built a system with one.

You don't HAVE to use microATX.  MiniITX fits in any case that accommodates bigger boards, as it uses the same top left 4 holes as the ATX standard.

SFX PSUs are fast becoming the new standard, a lot of new cases are using them, and there's lots of coice now that Corsair, Silverstone and a few others are making SFX PSUs.

I have an older 1200 a V2 I think, they are great because you can load them up with four five bay drive cages and there you have 20 drives but I agree with NastyBox, since getting my mini rack, its way easier to pop them in a rack and be done with it and besides you can't get a 36 bay tower that isn't massive and comes on wheels lol.

Edited by ashman70
Are there exit vents on the other side of the case to create blow-thru over the drives?  Doesn't look like it... 

No, the air exits out the back. I haven't finished the build yet, so that far side is not closed off. When it is, airflow should improve.

I changed the rear fan to a more powerful one to aid the airflow. With 10 drives, some get a bit hot during a parity check (45 degrees for the 7200rpm drive), but that will improve once I'm finished.

With 3 drives spun up, they're currently at 28 degrees.