Dynamix color theme GRAY

I took the GUI style efforts of Kode and Drakknar together and blended that in a new theme GRAY. Much obliged to them

The new color theme has the 'header' buttons at the left side which expand when hovering over them. The top header is fixed, meaning status information stays on screen when scrolling down the page.

All-in-all it gives a complete new fresh view to the GUI, hope you guys like this direction.

Next, see if this can be integrated with the upcoming release of unRAID. Below some screen pictures to give you an idea.

theme-gray-dashboard.png

theme-gray-main.png

theme-gray-settings.png

theme-gray-display-settings.png

Edited by bonienl
  • Upvote 8
2 hours ago, hernandito said:

Nice! Any chance of a "light" variation of this layout? With my aging eyes, I find it hard to read the darker schemes.

thanks,

H

Not even available and already a feature request :D

It is on my todo list... done

Edited by bonienl

Joining the chorus of "Looks good"!

Wide screen monitors demand a whole new way of thinking about design - there just aren't enough vertical pixels to represent a page the way we're still accustomed to thinking about a page. I like this direction.

Also, despite my ageing eyes, I still prefer the darker backgrounds, but I understand and appreciate the options.

Thanks, @bonienl!!

What could be nice is a toggle to enable a custom css file globally. Say you put a css file in a predetermined location on your flash drive and if custom css is enabled, the file is included in every pages, that way overriding colors and other aspects of the GUI becomes much easier. I use Stylish to get that effect but it only works on browsers where it's installed and setup, it's a crutch.

• Upvote 1
On 5/15/2017 at 6:13 AM, kyis said:

What could be nice is a toggle to enable a custom css file globally. Say you put a css file in a predetermined location on your flash drive and if custom css is enabled, the file is included in every pages, that way overriding colors and other aspects of the GUI becomes much easier. I use Stylish to get that effect but it only works on browsers where it's installed and setup, it's a crutch.

I would love this feature. I like to tweak as well. +1

On 2017-5-15 at 0:46 AM, MrCrispy said:

Dark backgrounds hurt my eyes less, I cannot stand how every website/OS uses blinding white as the default. I also recommend everyone use F.Lux (or equivalent) on their pc's, many phones have something similar too, it really helps with eye strain.

Gnome 3.24 includes the functionality by default now.  I use it myself.  Definitely helps the old eyes.