[Support] Djoss - CloudBerry Backup

On 11/9/2021 at 3:19 PM, ksignorini said:

I've had some conversations with 360MSP regarding weird behaviour and they've instructed me to update to the latest version of their software.

Are there any plans to update the Docker image to use 3.2.3.148?

Am I able to update the software in the Docker myself somehow?

Thanks.

I need to provide a new Docker image with the new software.  However, this latest version crashes (even when running on a "normal" PC running ubuntu).  I have a case opened for that.

21 hours ago, ksignorini said:

I also have another weird issue where I map another path from the host to the docker and rather than showing up where it's supposed to, it shows up separated? in the list (subdirectories listed rather than located at mapped location in docker). However, when doing backups from these paths, they show the right path... very weird.

(In this case, I'm backing up some disk images so I've mapped in my /mnt/disks/ path so I can pick some stuff there. These are non-array disks.)

image.thumb.png.e83a1cee5c24bf3026ff67ad57f99205.png

image.png.62ef5006ad7023f2c90403c9c60cb84b.png

They should be mapped into /storage_disks but end up being listed separated (vm, vmfast, vmfast2, vmfast3).

image.png.e71a39eb3ed177253dab7b9ab3502305.png

But when backing up, show correctly:

image.png.a4cca85bd945aab5f41d01578bb0c062.png

CloudBerry Backup always had problem displaying different mounts.  Did you ask their support team about that ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! My CloudBerry container won't start anymore. I haven't paid much attention to it as it's only doing non-critical backups at the moment so I'm guessing it happened after the update 11 days ago.

I have it set to mount Unassigned Devices' "/mnt/remotes" folder which worked before. It has been mounted as Read Only Slave but  I tried to set it to Read/Write Slave as well but no change.

When I start the container, I get the following error:

Dec  4 12:53:06 UNAS rc.docker: CloudBerryBackup: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:495: container init caused: rootfs_linux.go:60: mounting "/mnt/remotes" to rootfs at "/var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/83f665b66417da7f5de3b2ce1cd4e0d64408e0fab3599b35a844ef1990e0f344/storage/remotes" caused: mkdir /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/83f665b66417da7f5de3b2ce1cd4e0d64408e0fab3599b35a844ef1990e0f344/storage/remotes: read-only file system: unknown

On 12/4/2021 at 7:30 AM, SelfSD said:

Hi! My CloudBerry container won't start anymore. I haven't paid much attention to it as it's only doing non-critical backups at the moment so I'm guessing it happened after the update 11 days ago.

I have it set to mount Unassigned Devices' "/mnt/remotes" folder which worked before. It has been mounted as Read Only Slave but  I tried to set it to Read/Write Slave as well but no change.

When I start the container, I get the following error:

Dec  4 12:53:06 UNAS rc.docker: CloudBerryBackup: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:495: container init caused: rootfs_linux.go:60: mounting "/mnt/remotes" to rootfs at "/var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/83f665b66417da7f5de3b2ce1cd4e0d64408e0fab3599b35a844ef1990e0f344/storage/remotes" caused: mkdir /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/83f665b66417da7f5de3b2ce1cd4e0d64408e0fab3599b35a844ef1990e0f344/storage/remotes: read-only file system: unknown

Where did you map "/mnt/remotes" in the container ? "/storage/remotes" ?  Do you also have a mapping for "/storage" ?

• Like 1

It appears that the "Storage" path has been added a second time without any interaction from me. I don't know how that could happen unless updating a container can re-add modified default maps?

I changed the default Storage mount from /mnt/remotes on the host to /storage/remotes/ in the container to better fit my needs, and the new one is set up with the buttons always hidden, mounting /mnt/user to /storage on the container.

Removing the new storage path fixed it. Thank you.

I am having an issue with a new install of Cloudberry Backup. It ran fine for a few days and now whenever it tries to backup I get a SSL Cert Problem; Cert has expired error. I did try to contact Cloudberry support, but they told me that I need to update. I tried to run the update from within the docker using the webGUI, but it seems to try but then gets stuck updating until I reboot the docker container. I did see a mention from a month ago that you were working on updating to the 3.2.xxx version. Is there any progress on this? Is there something I could do to assist?

• 3 weeks later...

It seems after the latest update I am not able to log into the Web Interface on HTTP Port 43210. I get an error message "Error! The account or password is invalid. Please try again."

I have tried changing the password from the docker config, but still get the same error. I am able to access the GUI using the VNC port 7802 using web VNC. All backups seems to be running normally. 

I just installed CloudBerry & signed up for Backblaze. 

My first backup bucket is a folder that contains 1 hidden file and 1 sparsebundle (it's the sparsebundle and everything in it that I'm interested in).

When I trigger a backup, it only backs up the hidden file. The backup report shows no errors and only the 1 file backed up.

What'd I get wrong?

12 minutes ago, khager said:

I just installed CloudBerry & signed up for Backblaze. 

My first backup bucket is a folder that contains 1 hidden file and 1 sparsebundle (it's the sparsebundle and everything in it that I'm interested in).

When I trigger a backup, it only backs up the hidden file. The backup report shows no errors and only the 1 file backed up.

What'd I get wrong?

I added another folder to my backup source and a file within that folder - these backed up successfully.

My working theory is either:

a) CloudBerry excludes .sparsebundle files (which are "special" on MacOS but are just folders on Linux)

b) CloudBerry doesn't like folders/files with an apostrophe in the filename

Any ideas?

26 minutes ago, khager said:

I added another folder to my backup source and a file within that folder - these backed up successfully.

My working theory is either:

a) CloudBerry excludes .sparsebundle files (which are "special" on MacOS but are just folders on Linux)

b) CloudBerry doesn't like folders/files with an apostrophe in the filename

Any ideas?

I added another subfolder with an apostrophe in the name and it got backed up successfully

So, I can only conclude that .sparsebundle files are purposefully excluded by CloudBerry and/or Backblaze.

Can anyone confirm this?

On 1/5/2022 at 6:38 AM, rbot said:

It seems after the latest update I am not able to log into the Web Interface on HTTP Port 43210. I get an error message "Error! The account or password is invalid. Please try again."

I have tried changing the password from the docker config, but still get the same error. I am able to access the GUI using the VNC port 7802 using web VNC. All backups seems to be running normally. 

Thanks for reporting, l will check this.

• Like 1

Maybe someone can help me here. I am using Cloudberry for quite some time and everything worked fine. Since a week I have a problem and i can not figure it out.

I am using SFTP Backup to another server. Since a week I am getting following error message for one SFTP account:

Failure establishing ssh session: -5, Unable to exchange encryption keys

Does anyone had the same issue or can maybe help me out?

On 1/8/2022 at 7:14 PM, Djoss said:

Thanks for reporting, l will check this.

@DjossSame problem as @rbot.

The log /config/Online Backup/00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000/logs/log_WebAccess.log contains the following error when you try to logon:

[ERROR]: [ CBB ] [ 19 ] Failed to read shadow entry for user: <username>

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 11:54 AM, Kaj said:

@DjossSame problem as @rbot.

The log /config/Online Backup/00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000/logs/log_WebAccess.log contains the following error when you try to logon:

[ERROR]: [ CBB ] [ 19 ] Failed to read shadow entry for user: <username>

I'm having this issue as well. I was able to downgrade the docker to the previous release and it doesn't happen there. Is it possible to fix this with an update? Thanks!!